ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Bugs & Site Issues
« Prev1Next »
23rd Jul 16 4:24 PM
calvinospark_2nd
Posts 4
Player retirement
This isn't massively important but I didn't get a message for Wehrfritz to say that it was time to hang up his boots. Or do you not always get a message?

I suspect it was due to him only having a very short amount of time left on his contract (about 3 days) and being in contract talks with him. I did get him to the 'well, I'll think it over' stage but I find they never actually accept when they get to that stage. So I went to renegotiate with him today and found that 'Luther Wehrfritz is retiring this season and his contract cannot be renewed.'

Like I say, it's not a big deal as I was a little surprised he hadn't announced his retirement weeks ago anyway.

23rd Jul 16 9:22 PM
stripey_2nd
Posts 281
It might just be a function of exactly when the "boots" message kicks in, in relation to both the player's age, and the time remaining on his contract. For example, is his retirement date is at age 35 years and 35 days, then a message might be generated 30 days before retirement, i.e. at 35 years and 5 days. But if you started negs at 35 years and 3 days, that message might get overridden, and then with a couple of days left on his contract, he might just think he didn't fancy going on until after his 36th birthday, so decided to cut and run. However, I don't know - this is just a theory.

Oddly enough, I had a similar but different thing with my forward, Fujihara. He only wanted a 1-year contract, which he signed up to, and then immediately announced that he would hang up his boots when it ended. At least he gave me 55 days!

24th Jul 16 10:57 AM
calvinospark_2nd
Posts 4
Well, I just got a message saying I'd renewed his contract for another year.

I guess he was still in talks but decided to take a couple of days to decide that he wanted another season.

24th Jul 16 1:01 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by calvinospark_2nd
Well, I just got a message saying I'd renewed his contract for another year.

I guess he was still in talks but decided to take a couple of days to decide that he wanted another season.

Never say "never".

14th Sep 16 1:34 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
I was looking for this before starting a new thread.

I was a having a look through some of my older player contracts, and I clicked on my L CBK - Mata - and it says this players contract cannot be renewed as he is retiring at the end of his contract.

If I had not looked I wouldnt have a clue that his contract couldnt be renewed.

I definitely did not receive a message saying - Im hanging up my boots - or any other kind of message.

14th Sep 16 4:23 PM
Jija
Posts 72
Was he maybe retiring before you took over the team, scotty? Can that even happen?

14th Sep 16 4:29 PM
Carax
Posts 626
If a player thinks it over, the best thing to do is to throw a bit more at him. What can happen if you don't is either that he accepts or that the negos have to be restarted.

14th Sep 16 4:40 PM
Tstuff
Posts 235
Quote:
Originally posted by scotty1962
I was looking for this before starting a new thread.

I was a having a look through some of my older player contracts, and I clicked on my L CBK - Mata - and it says this players contract cannot be renewed as he is retiring at the end of his contract.

If I had not looked I wouldnt have a clue that his contract couldnt be renewed.

I definitely did not receive a message saying - Im hanging up my boots - or any other kind of message.

Well the message will come soon just as it where with the retired I Casault, i recieve no message until i wanted to renew his contract but after 5 days of negotiation when it was 15 days left on his contract. He penned the emotional message

14th Sep 16 6:41 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Quote:
Originally posted by Jija
Was he maybe retiring before you took over the team, scotty? Can that even happen?

Not possible Jija as I was the one who signed him.

14th Sep 16 6:49 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Quote:
Originally posted by Tstuff
Well the message will come soon just as it where with the retired I Casault, i recieve no message until i wanted to renew his contract but after 5 days of negotiation when it was 15 days left on his contract. He penned the emotional message

I think Im being misunderstood.

Theres no contract to renew, he is retiring. Theres no option to enter negotiations with him, he is retiring, end of.

The only reason I have found this out is because he is old, and so I was going through the older players in my team in squad manager. Clicked on Mata and thats where I found out he will be retiring at the end of his current contract.

The point is, I did not receive a message about his retirement, I have 4...5 pages of old messages, nothing in there at all, so I havent just missed it, I had no indication that this would be him disappearing at the end of his current contract.

Ok I wouldve found out, when I thought...Hmmmm his contract is low, I best try and get him to sign another one.....10 days or 5 at worst would not leave me in a good position, especially if I was down to 17 players before he just disappeared.

The message on his contract screen -

Thiago Mata is retiring this season and his contract cannot be renewed.

Under that is one option -

Terminate contract.

14th Sep 16 7:03 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
I can only think he decided to retire between being put on the market and you signing him scotty.

Have you asked Mata's previous club manager whether he got a 'hanging up my boots' message?

14th Sep 16 7:12 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
I can only think he decided to retire between being put on the market and you signing him scotty.

Have you asked Mata's previous club manager whether he got a 'hanging up my boots' message?

You cant transfer a player thats retiring.

14th Sep 16 7:20 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Ok I see what you're saying....

So while I was in the process of signing him, he decided to retire?

That really is a nuts situation if thats the case. Every older player you sign might do that. You might sign an entire team of retirees !!

14th Sep 16 7:21 PM
colins70
Posts 335
Quote:
You cant transfer a player thats retiring.
i had a player a couple of seasons ago who was 34 and i transfer listed him , after the negotiations began 5 days later, i got the message during this telling me the player planned to retire. Yet the transfer went through and his new team probably did not get the message because i got it for him.

So i would say this is very much what happened here scotty.

14th Sep 16 10:26 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Quote:
Originally posted by colins70
i had a player a couple of seasons ago who was 34 and i transfer listed him , after the negotiations began 5 days later, i got the message during this telling me the player planned to retire. Yet the transfer went through and his new team probably did not get the message because i got it for him.

So i would say this is very much what happened here scotty.

Its exact what's happened

This is the message I just got off the selling manager -

To: scotty1962

He wasn?t when I first listed him. Then about 1 day before he was transferred he said he was. I didn?t think you could list players once they had decided to retire?

And even worse, Mata just picked up an injury hahahahahahah !!!

If I had no bad luck, Id have no luck at all.

14th Sep 16 10:28 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Its exact what's happened

This is the message I just got off the selling manager -

To: scotty1962

He wasn?t when I first listed him. Then about 1 day before he was transferred he said he was. I didn?t think you could list players once they had decided to retire?

And even worse, Mata just picked up an injury hahahahahahah !!!

If I had no bad luck, Id have no luck at all.

You were obviously born under a bad sign scotty.

14th Sep 16 10:39 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
You were obviously born under a bad sign scotty.

haha

Did get a little bit of luck, he has gold insurance so no wages to pay him !!

haha

And Il end his career on the bench the little toerag !!!!!

17th Sep 16 2:19 PM
thewrongone_2nd
Posts 31
My striker Mueller sent me a message that he is retiring in 9 days when his contract expires. He was mulling over a new contract and signed it on the same day!

Reading the above I assume he won't leave now until his new contract expires?

12th Nov 16 10:12 PM
stripey_2nd
Posts 281
I had an odd one today. My aging midfielder, Clint England, had notified me that he would be hanging up his boots, and was due to retire one day from now.

However, he's got so fed up with being a footballer, that he's pulled the plug a day early! I got this today:

Please note that our midfielder, Clint England, has requested that we terminate his contract.
Clint has made it clear that he no longer wishes to pursue a career as a professional footballer.
Therefore the Board feels that it is in the interests of both parties that we terminate his contract with immediate effect.

Weird!

« Prev1Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game