ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Transfer Forum
« Prev1Next »
2nd May 24 1:51 PM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 541
Prices
Mods and GMs,

Any chance we can have transfer forum rules updated so any posting and or listings made in here about players MUST include listing details or at least a bare minimum of price please.

The 'false/misleading' adverts i can live with but no prices is annoying

2nd May 24 3:32 PM
stripey
Posts 6,163
Quote:
Originally posted by NotSoSpecialOne
Mods and GMs,

Any chance we can have transfer forum rules updated so any posting and or listings made in here about players MUST include listing details or at least a bare minimum of price please.

The 'false/misleading' adverts i can live with but no prices is annoying
We'll discuss it and come back to you, NSSO.

7th May 24 11:25 PM
Firesilver
Posts 989
Do you know what, I think NSSO is actually on to something here.

There are players that I see advertised in this forum that I think "I might actually be interested in that player at the right price", but since the price is not advertised, you don't know if you'd actually want to bid.

Normally this isn't a problem, as you will often see the relevant League in the transfer rotation anyway, but there's a 3 in 9 chance (I believe) that you won't get to see that League for the duration of the listing. So on that occasion, you have to decide whether to send out a scout to look for the player.

Obviously that scout could be using his time to scout youths or upcoming opponent's matches instead, so you'd prefer not to waste his time on a potentially frivolous task if you can avoid it. But you mull it over, and decide you kind of want the player, so you send out the scout...

...and he comes back having found the player at twice the price you'd have been willing to pay.

Waste of scout time and waste of your time simply because the selling manager didn't have the courtesy to post the listing price.

It's got to the point that I completely ignore threads that don't have a price point for a player in it as a result. So why lose yourself potential customers by not putting a price?

For this reason I agree with NSSO- prices should be mandatory if you're doing an advert for a player that you have already listed. What would be the downside?

If you're planning to list a player and are fishing for price offers, that's slightly different. But once the player is pre-listed and then advertised in the forum, it really should be required as a matter of courtesy to potential buyers and also to not put them off.

8th May 24 5:00 PM
roland68
Posts 987
I'll put my hand up here and admit that, for a while, I was one of those that didn't advertise prices.

In the past, I used to put prices on ads all the time, then I stopped for some time. A season or two ago, when Firesilver prompted me on one of my transfers, I started doing it again because I agree, I think it's better when asking prices are shown.

However, the reason I stopped for a while was because at one time, I had two or three transfer ads where a couple of other managers made negative comments about the price /quality of the players that I had listed. I almost always check current asking/selling prices for similar players before deciding my price and 90% of the time, price them below what I've seen to make them attractive. I might have got it wrong sometimes but the players that were commented on all sold for quite a bit higher than the asking price, so I think they were justified. However, the negative comments put me off adding prices for quite a while.

This hasn't happened in the transfer forum recently so I'm happy to include prices again these days because maybe those managers have become quieter or left the game.

Should it be mandatory? That's up to the Admin team. If it's left for managers to make their own choice then I think it should at least be strongly encouraged.

« Prev1Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game