ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
General Discussions
« Prev12Next »
13th Feb 18 3:34 PM
dazstag1967
Posts 83
Guess I'm just the lucky one! Could understand it of a player who was on a 1 year contract but this seems extremely harsh! !

13th Feb 18 3:47 PM
RocketmanGav
Posts 156
Very unlucky to be hit like this.

It's not the first time, but it is very very rare.

In my opinion it should happen more often, then at least gold insurance is worth something!

13th Feb 18 4:29 PM
KevinHann
Posts 756
In all fairness I'm not convinced people would cherish spending several million per season on insurance to avoid losing several million in wages one-off payment, while also getting a global relatively regular event of a player randomly force-retiring

This is the kind of thing that can drive people away from the game, it's excessively expensive to guard against and extremely costly when it occurs even if you are insured.

Injuries are another random hold-back, they are relatively regular. We see they have a tendency to peak in clusters in some seasons (some managers getting struck by 10+ of them in a single season, others going through with a single one). Imagine getting struck by something like this two-three times in quick succession? It would be devastating. "Hey, manager Joe, I know you spent 4 million on gold insurance this season, so I've got good news for you! You just lost your star goalkeeper and winger you paid 30 million to get to forced retirement! Why are you crying, you saved 10 million in wages you don't have to pay them! Hey? Joe? You there? Come back, Joe "

I'd say we'd need a more healthy environment on a global scale, in terms of academy/player agents improvements kicking in, before increasing the density of something as punishing could be looked at.

In order to make insurance viable it needs to be cost efficient. Right now it is only efficient if you take it up on a player who is about to jump from 400 to 14000 in wages the next update.

Even the Silver level of insurance is not cost-efficient, not even close to it. In order for it to cover its own cost, you need the player to be injured for 20 days in a 84 day period (that's 1.5 seasons). In order to benefit from it financially, you need to have the player be injured for MORE than 20 days in a 84 day period.

Basically if you insure your entire squad, you need to have your entire squad injured for 13.33 days in a season just to get your expense back, and longer for it to become viable.

How often do you see something like that occur?

If we are looking to make insurance a more meaningful part of the game, isn't it more reasonable to make it more accessible than to make 13+ days injuries of entire squads per season a regular event?

13th Feb 18 4:48 PM
scotty1962
Posts 2,890
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy1970
Sounds absolutely crazy to me, it's not as if anyone has had a random anonymous benefactor donate 5m to their club, have they?
So why hit a club with a massive negative event. Just absolutely bonkers!
And I tried something one season where I put all my old coming to the end of their contracts players on Gold insurance, then trained them all up to 100 fatigue and carried on playing them, not one got an injury before his contract lapsed, what are the chances of that eh?!?

I also tried killing one of my older players once, to claim on his insurance policy, but do ya think that the bugger would die?!!! No, he didnt!!! And like what happened to you, he never picked up an injury the entire season!!!

Flipping liberty!!!

Having said that, he retired in a wheelchair and also has to use a commode.

14th Feb 18 1:37 PM
Andy1970
Posts 24
Quote:
Originally posted by scotty1962
I also tried killing one of my older players once, to claim on his insurance policy, but do ya think that the bugger would die?!!! No, he didnt!!! And like what happened to you, he never picked up an injury the entire season!!!

Flipping liberty!!!

Having said that, he retired in a wheelchair and also has to use a commode.

Brilliant!

Anyone would think that maybe if the player is insured and 100 fatigue and plays a game, that he wont get injured...But that uninsured player on 0 fatigue will pick up a 40 day injury...
Strange huh?
I with Mr Hann, you don't want random events that will force managers out of the game, however random and rare it is, it just isn't needed. At the end of the day, most old farts wont accept more than a year contract, and then announce they're retiring anyway, so to then get an older player on a long contract and be hit with a career ending injury, madness!
I think sponsorship deals need to be brought in to enable teams to have access to more money, problem is, it would just be another way for the big teams to get more money, as that is the reality with sponsorship.

14th Feb 18 2:47 PM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 152
playing devils advocate here, it works both ways though right? What if you take the minumum gold insurance out on an oldie that you paid say 500k for several season ago but by a stroke of luck got a 5 season contract during renegotiations to say 20k per game, would it be right if you was able to jam up the fatigue and play him so he got injured and had to retire and you make massive money from it the same as the OP had to the other way around because they didn't have insurance? If this was the case, i wouldn't be the only one doing it to make money i am sure.

This is the 'joy' of the cursed injuries in that they are seemingly random otherwise if you knew it was coming you wouldn't play your top players for that time that a player was going to get injured you would play a weaker one or something. The bottom line is, there is insurance available that covers players/managers for this eventuality, unfortunately, the OP didn't have cover.

And to think that a manager may quit because of this is crazy, there are so many other things in front of this eventuality that would make someone quit, yes it may be the straw that broke the camels back but the reason to quit...i seriously doubt it.

Just saying/playing devils advocate.

(it would also be a brilliant update if the Scotty scenario could actually happen and when you knee cap somebody, their height drops from 6 foot to 4 foot 8 on their description)

14th Feb 18 8:59 PM
scotty1962
Posts 2,890
Quote:
Originally posted by NotSoSpecialOne

(it would also be a brilliant update if the Scotty scenario could actually happen and when you knee cap somebody, their height drops from 6 foot to 4 foot 8 on their description)

Slip me the old brown envelope under the manager's door with the player's name and Il send 'Big Chris' round. He has been known to use a car door on the persons head as well, so expect a grade 3 head fracture injury as well.

14th Feb 18 9:48 PM
KevinHann
Posts 756
I do take the context into account in my post, NSSO It discusses the eventuality of increasing the odds of such an event with the aim of getting the current insurance options more viable. I disagree with that and tried to provide my reasoning, hoping to also open up a broader discussion about insurance if there is desire to discuss that.

14th Feb 18 10:13 PM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 152
Quote:
Originally posted by KevinHann
I do take the context into account in my post, NSSO It discusses the eventuality of increasing the odds of such an event with the aim of getting the current insurance options more viable. I disagree with that and tried to provide my reasoning, hoping to also open up a broader discussion about insurance if there is desire to discuss that.

Sorry Kev, i was responding to Andy and Scotty's tongue in cheek replies although i cannot recall there ever being a discussion about insurance unless the think tank discussed it. Not really how much of a discussion can be had about it mind other than listing what each level of insurance actually covers and the chances of each happening or increasing and decreasing the amount of injuries? I for one does not want an increase of injuries...cue the RG dishing up 13 injuries in tomorrows game and training!

15th Feb 18 10:17 AM
Andy1970
Posts 24
Quote:
playing devils advocate here, it works both ways though right? What if you take the minumum gold insurance out on an oldie that you paid say 500k for several season ago but by a stroke of luck got a 5 season contract during renegotiations to say 20k per game, would it be right if you was able to jam up the fatigue and play him so he got injured and had to retire and you make massive money from it the same as the OP had to the other way around because they didn't have insurance? If this was the case, i wouldn't be the only one doing it to make money i am sure.

Just saying/playing devils advocate.

As I stated, I had money left over that was going to be taxed in my first season, so I gold plated my old players, and when they got to 15 days left, I trained them to 100 fatigue and carried on playing them to see if I could crock them, and get a career ending injury. Didn't happen.
Plus I'm assuming you don't get a payout, you just get their wages and fees covered, so you don't get 4m in the bank, but the other way around you lose 4m.

15th Feb 18 10:55 AM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 152
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy1970
As I stated, I had money left over that was going to be taxed in my first season, so I gold plated my old players, and when they got to 15 days left, I trained them to 100 fatigue and carried on playing them to see if I could crock them, and get a career ending injury. Didn't happen.
Plus I'm assuming you don't get a payout, you just get their wages and fees covered, so you don't get 4m in the bank, but the other way around you lose 4m.

Good point, i am wrong!

How about then, in response to kev's previous post, maybe we should get compensation when a player is forced to retire. I am 99% sure Hull City will be getting paid out on that player Mason having to retire especially nowadays as Clubs are businesses that have balance sheets so surely their players are covered for such an eventuality? Then we really could call 'Big Dave' in to take care of knee cappings more along the lines of GTA than an online football manager game.

15th Feb 18 11:50 AM
scotty1962
Posts 2,890
Omg, are you really going to start talking about insurance?

Zzzzzz

(head drops into a bowl of soup and snoring ensues..)

15th Feb 18 11:54 AM
scotty1962
Posts 2,890
Quote:
Good point, i am wrong!

How about then, in response to kev's previous post, maybe we should get compensation when a player is forced to retire. I am 99% sure Hull City will be getting paid out on that player Mason having to retire especially nowadays as Clubs are businesses that have balance sheets so surely their players are covered for such an eventuality? Then we really could call 'Big Dave' in to take care of knee cappings more along the lines of GTA than an online football manager game.

Its 'Big Chris' not 'Big Dave'!

He will not be a happy bunny you getting his name wrong...naughty naughty naughty...

15th Feb 18 12:31 PM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 152
Quote:
Its 'Big Chris' not 'Big Dave'!

He will not be a happy bunny you getting his name wrong...naughty naughty naughty...

Big Dave is Big Chris's younger brother so i wouldn't have caused any offence, have you never met him? They also have a sister called Big Sue.

15th Feb 18 12:32 PM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 152
Quote:
Omg, are you really going to start talking about insurance?

Zzzzzz

(head drops into a bowl of soup and snoring ensues..)

I was trying to keep it on topic(ish)...apologies

15th Feb 18 8:40 PM
scotty1962
Posts 2,890
Quote:
Big Dave is Big Chris's younger brother so i wouldn't have caused any offence, have you never met him? They also have a sister called Big Sue.

My mother's name is Sue...

What ya saying?

« Prev12Next »

Copyright © 2018 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game