ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
« Prev123Next »
19th Sep 16 10:35 AM
PeppermintBoy
Posts 1,358
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
It's 2 actual promotions you will be limited to PB.

The other question about 17 year olds i have asked for clarification on

Thank you Ozzy.

18th Nov 16 3:59 PM
naijaprince
Posts 37
i think with limited number of promoting 2 players per season will actually cause-:
1) high demand of players on the transfer market..
2)you won't see a very good player in the market (any will be costly).

I would suggest starting with 3,4,5 per tier, in future when there will be more managers a reduction will be made..
Note-:not every player that turns 18 are worth promoting, we want something that will make the transfer market useful, so limiting this to only 2,3 promotions per season will affect the Transfer market

19th Nov 16 9:07 AM
Glosterra
Posts 20
I think these changes will benefit the transfer market. At the moment managers have no reason not to attempt to promote a youth. Many youths promoted are very poor and end up on the transfer list. This approach in limiting the numbers of youths that can be promoted and managing out underperforming ones early in the process will ensure better player quality. I also think that with better youths coming through it will balance player quality better and consequently balance transfer prices.

All looks good to me.

19th Nov 16 10:46 PM
stripey
Posts 6,141
Quote:
Originally posted by naijaprince
i think with limited number of promoting 2 players per season will actually cause-:
1) high demand of players on the transfer market..
2)you won't see a very good player in the market (any will be costly).

I would suggest starting with 3,4,5 per tier, in future when there will be more managers a reduction will be made..
Note-:not every player that turns 18 are worth promoting, we want something that will make the transfer market useful, so limiting this to only 2,3 promotions per season will affect the Transfer market

The planned new system should produce a much higher proportion of good youths at promotion time than is currently the case, so managers who wish to build up their clubs by using the youth system should have a much better chance of successfully doing so, if they learn to manage it well.

Balancing promoting youths with retirements is important to get right. It could be reckoned that the average playing lifespan of a promoted youth is 15 season (18 to 33). With squad sizes starting at 23, that's just over 1.5 per seaon. This would be outweighed by the promotion of two youths per season, but only once the YA has been running long enough. By that time, managers wishing to keep squad sizes stable will be able to sell a player every two seasons.

They will be otherwise able to increase squad sizes through the transfer market if they are lucky, or by using Player Agents.

10th Mar 18 9:11 AM
bluelightning
Posts 206
Seeing as i wasnt part of the game when this was suggested at the time.

Restricting to 2 promotions per season is fine, but the comment about losing players who turn 18yo if you already have done 2 promotions. Theres a bit in the original post that says the manager should attempt to promote the player before their 19th birthday. So this new system wont automatically kick them out on this rule (unless you have signed a whole bunch of similar aged youths at the same time with similar birthdays.)
And anyways, if you guys arent doing it already, you should really be checking your youths daily so you know when they age up!

If by any chance this is still in some part of the planning phase, can i make a suggestion to this in that youths over the age of 16yo that are in the youth academy are available for selection for Reserve games (only reserve games and only 1 youth per match squad). The game can still keep their actual attributes hidden (well because the game will automatically assume you are playing a newly promoted youth with a rating of 9-11). Being able to do this should give you a chance of giving that player a boost in their YA rating (even if its small)

10th Mar 18 10:26 AM
Lovemaster2nd
Posts 263
Quote:
Originally posted by bluelightning
Seeing as i wasnt part of the game when this was suggested at the time.

Restricting to 2 promotions per season is fine, but the comment about losing players who turn 18yo if you already have done 2 promotions. Theres a bit in the original post that says the manager should attempt to promote the player before their . So this new system wont automatically kick them out on this rule (unless you have signed a whole bunch of similar aged youths at the same time with similar birthdays.)
And anyways, if you guys arent doing it already, you should really be checking your youths daily so you know when they age up!

If by any chance this is still in some part of the planning phase, can i make a suggestion to this in that youths over the age of 16yo that are in the youth academy are available for selection for Reserve games (only reserve games and only 1 youth per match squad). The game can still keep their actual attributes hidden (well because the game will automatically assume you are playing a newly promoted youth with a rating of 9-11). Being able to do this should give you a chance of giving that player a boost in their YA rating (even if its small)
That's a good idea.

10th Mar 18 4:56 PM
bluelightning
Posts 206
Also ive just calculated that having a tier 2 academy will not work unless you bring in youths of the same age in pairs otherwise you will lose atleast 1 youth in a cycle.

10th May 18 11:07 PM
Lovemaster2nd
Posts 263
I have had 3 scouts out hunting down youths for a while now.

They keep returning with a whole load of Keech.

22nd May 18 9:52 PM
bluelightning
Posts 206
Also something thats just popped into my head that sounds good but will give some managers some thinking time.

How about adding a feature in when a youth player turns 16, you can then set the youth coach to begin training him in actual stats rather than youth stats but this will halt his growth potential growth immediately. How many times do you see players who will just sit in your youth academy and not improve at all and if you say get a 2-3 week period where they arent training at all, you could train them normally and this would allow teams who need a sudden influx of fresh faces in case of injuries that they could have something that quite frankly isnt a 9-12 rated, plukey covered kid who wishes he took the job offer from McDonalds.

Just a thought, sacrfice long term training/preperation for short term needs. Should also then increase the costs to take a 15-17 into the academy to offset the influx of poor players coming onto the market but wont affect people who want to plan long term?

13th Jul 18 9:21 PM
Lovemaster
Posts 486
Stop managers (present/future) using all CAPITALS when picking a team name.

It's starting to crop up more, as some move on leaving this embarrassing trail.

I hate attention seekers.

2nd May 22 10:10 PM
hutber
Posts 44
Just a quick one, how do we upgrade our youth systems?

There will be 3 YA tiers. The tiers relate to capacity for players. At least 1 Youth coach per tier will be required.

- - Tier 1 - Total Capacity 7 - Total Promotion spots 2
- - Tier 2 - Total Capacity 14 - Total Promotion spots 2
- - Tier 3 - Total Capacity 21 - Total Promotion spots 3

2nd May 22 10:47 PM
stripey
Posts 6,141
Quote:
Originally posted by hutber
Just a quick one, how do we upgrade our youth systems?
This is quite an old discussion thread, so the tiered upgrade to the youth academies didn't take place as planned. What happened instead was the recent work to improve the standard of youths that come through the system. However, developments are always under consideration.

3rd May 22 12:15 AM
hutber
Posts 44
Ah ok, thanks pal!

« Prev123Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game