ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Bugs & Site Issues
« Prev1Next »
29th Oct 17 1:19 AM
fudgecreep
Posts 3
Offering a contract renewal to a player who agreed a one year contract
Hi, bought a player a season ago who agreed to a one season contract, it has 14 days left to run, just gone to try and start negotiations and its stopping me as a contract has to be in place for a season. This would mean my player will leave in 14 days and I will not be able to offer them a contract renewal.

29th Oct 17 4:46 AM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
I hope you didn't pay a lot of money for him, and tbh, depending on age, for me personally I never ever sign a player that only wants a 1 season contract, never.

Back t your question, I think you get 5 days before his contract ends to start negs. with him, so I would keep a close eye on the days left of him.

Good luck, and let us know what he decides when it comes down to the last 5 days

29th Oct 17 9:34 AM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 538
i had this very same scenario happen to one of my players in season 3 i think it was. People kept saying you get to offer the player a contract with 5 days left. Unless it has changed between then and now you will lose the player. I got not messages under manager ad never got the option to offer through the squad manager/contract screen either as i checked as he was my best player.

I hope for your sake things have changed otherwise all these people buying players on 1 season contracts are screwed after paying big fees.

29th Oct 17 7:07 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Scotty is correct.

You will be able to renegotiate a contract with the player when he had 5 days remaining on his contract. Unless of course he has decided to retire when his current contract ends.

29th Oct 17 7:33 PM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 538
has this changed at all then as i lost a player due to the end of his contract not due to him announcing his retirement as i mentioned above?

29th Oct 17 7:42 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by NotSoSpecialOne
has this changed at all then as i lost a player due to the end of his contract not due to him announcing his retirement as i mentioned above?

It hasn't changed at all. Unless thay are retiring you get the opportunity to renegotiate with 5 days left on the contract.

It's possible you missed the message or you didn't receive one which i believe may have happened to some people. The Swuad home page alwayd tells you which players have less than 15 days on their contracts though which is what i always use

30th Oct 17 3:07 PM
mitchell
Posts 481
You would always get the opportunity to renogotiate other than if they've stated their intention to retire. You'd get a message about that.
The exception where you won't get a message is if the message he sends to announce his retirement is made while he's still on the transfer list of his old club. They can't list a player who has said he's retiring but if he's already listed when he makes his announcement then the transfer will still complete and the buying manager never gets the message to tell him.

« Prev1Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game