ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
17th May 16 8:41 AM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie_Manager
Instead of having a sales tax, could we instead have a luxury tax. We need to get more fair / good players on the markets, I don't see how a taxation is going to encourage this, by all means tax any transaction say over 2 million, thats sounds fair to me.

This is one for the Finance discussion as well, but I can see merit in having a sliding scale for taxation.

17th May 16 8:45 AM
RonManager
Posts 62
@okgillette.

One of the main drivers for ditching a blind bidding system is that its dull. Its fair alright but dull. You could add autobid to it, but its still dull.

There are so many more opportunities for the managers to engage and be engaged in the market. This system provides a fair interactive market which doesnt disadvantage those that cant log in.

It wont promote inflation in the market, a manager will still get the player for the minimun winning bid. The Agent system will also have the effect of keeping prices down. Your not going to over spend in the market if you can geta similar player for less from the agents.

So bear in mind the goal here is to provide an entertaining TM, whilst being fair and respecting the different ways managers access the game.

To answer your last point. Auto bid ... A manager places a bid for the max he is willing to pay. If thats the highest bid when the sale closes, then he wins. He doesent need to keep bidding or wait around. The system will manage his bids. Not only that he will get the player for the least amount required, sounds like a winnerto me.

Ron

17th May 16 9:10 AM
Okgillette
Posts 18
Quote:
Originally posted by RonManager
@okgillette.

One of the main drivers for ditching a blind bidding system is that its dull. Its fair alright but dull. You could add autobid to it, but its still dull.

So we are ditching fair for entertainment?

Quote:

There are so many more opportunities for the managers to engage and be engaged in the market. This system provides a fair interactive market which doesnt disadvantage those that cant log in.

If your bid is always locked in and can't be withdrawn how will this create more opportunities? If you set a max and it goes higher would you not have to be at your computer to see this and place another bid?

Quote:

It wont promote inflation in the market, a manager will still get the player for the minimun winning bid. The Agent system will also have the effect of keeping prices down. Your not going to over spend in the market if you can geta similar player for less from the agents.

Now that I see the price of the highest bid and the minimum increment is 250k for expensive players doesn't this increase it dramatically? Yes it will be the minimum winning bid but will still on average be higher than before as now their is more competition because it can be seen what the highest bid is. There are countless players where I would have spent an extra sum just to have them on my team but with blind bidding I wanted to try to save money and hope I finished first.

Quote:

To answer your last point. Auto bid ... A manager places a bid for the max he is willing to pay. If thats the highest bid when the sale closes, then he wins. He doesent need to keep bidding or wait around. The system will manage his bids. Not only that he will get the player for the least amount required, sounds like a winnerto me.

Ron

I believe my system had this integrated into it so I understand the process. Thanks.

17th May 16 9:39 AM
Hitem24
Posts 1

sounds excellent. Good work guys!

When will all this happen?

17th May 16 9:58 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by sirchan
"For players aged 31 and over. The board will allow a max of a 1 year deal, which will be renewable until the player announces his retirement. "

I think this will make old players less worthy / demanded with price inflation skewed towards the younger age by a lot.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jija
Yeah, I'm not sure about forcing the term based on age either. Feels too rigid to me. Every player is different.

Remember, the older a player the lower he can sell for thus increasing their value to certain teams.

17th May 16 10:05 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by Okgillette
So we are ditching fair for entertainment?

No, we aew trying to achieve a fair but entertaining TM

Quote:
If your bid is always locked in and can't be withdrawn how will this create more opportunities? If you set a max and it goes higher would you not have to be at your computer to see this and place another bid?

If you set a max and it goes higher then why didn't you set a higher max to begin with?

Quote:
Now that I see the price of the highest bid and the minimum increment is 250k for expensive players doesn't this increase it dramatically? Yes it will be the minimum winning bid but will still on average be higher than before as now their is more competition because it can be seen what the highest bid is. There are countless players where I would have spent an extra sum just to have them on my team but with blind bidding I wanted to try to save money and hope I finished first.

I'm not sure i understand your point here Ok. The better players are always going to attract the higher prices regardless of the system in place.

17th May 16 10:15 AM
Okgillette
Posts 18
Let's all just be yes men. Great job everyone. I see no problem with the transfer market now and nothing is changing anyways as this is this is about the 4th proposal of the same system you have decided on ages ago. I see no point commenting any more.

First you ask general, next paid, then advisors and now back to general. Come on...

You will do as you like anyways so why ask if not to get a bunch of nodding heads.

17th May 16 10:21 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Let's all just be yes men. Great job everyone. I see no problem with the transfer market now and nothing is changing anyways as this is this is about the 4th proposal of the same system you have decided on ages ago. I see no point commenting any more.

First you ask general, next paid, then advisors and now back to general. Come on...

You will do as you like anyways so why ask if not to get a bunch of nodding heads.

Can't please everyone i guess. Surely you agree that putting these proposals out for discussion is a good idea?

17th May 16 10:33 AM
leamark
Posts 158
Quote:
"Bids to have a minimum increment of the higher of 10,000 units or 5% of the current highest bid. This would be capped at 250,000."

I don't understand this. I don't think that there's any need for a minimum increment. It achieves nothing.

the point of this is to get rid of the old "bid one credit above the previous bid" which used to drive many mad.
I think this is a good idea

17th May 16 10:58 AM
RonManager
Posts 62
Quote:
Let's all just be yes men. Great job everyone. I see no problem with the transfer market now and nothing is changing anyway as this is this is about the 4th proposal of the same system you have decided on ages ago. I see no point commenting any more.

First you ask general, next paid, then advisers and now back to general. Come on...

You will do as you like anyway so why ask if not to get a bunch of nodding heads.

Hi

Just giving you the chance to comment ... and your comments are welcome.
You are correct. This is a refinement to the transfer proposal I put together a while ago. Its been reviewed as part of the wider changes. In that sense it is quite mature.

At this point I'm looking for opinions and concerns around the proposals..... Things that we havn't considered. I've tried to answer your concerns, but perhaps not making myself clear.

We all have an opinion, but I don't have time to get into a detailed debate over every point. If it helps, but you haven't raised anything that has not been considered. I could also argue this for days, but I sense that wouldn't be productive. Sometimes you have to agree to disagree.

On the whole, I'm am really happy with the TM proposal, nonetheless I welcome feedback. Already there have been posts in other threads that will be taken into consideration when its time to implement the changes.

So thanks for taking the time to comment.
I'm not going to agree with everyone, that's not possible, but I appreciate your input.

So lets all remember, this is about improving IAG, we are on the same side after all. Please try and keep the debate on track rather than making derogatory comments.

Thanks,
Ron

17th May 16 11:06 AM
Jija
Posts 72
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
It prevents +1 bidding.

In the previous version of IAG there was a lot of frustration caused by the so-called +1 bidders, who were camped out all day at their screens, automatically outbidding anyone else by 1 unit. The imposition of minimum bid increments stops that happening - yes, they can still camp out and outbid, but a couple of bids like that could see the player's price go up by 1 million.
Surely the issue is people "camping out" all day rather than the actual increment. By using a % of the current highest unit, this has potential to escalate very quickly, which cannot be good for the inflation in the game.

And isn't the "camping out" issue being addressed by the bids being throttled?

17th May 16 11:07 AM
Jija
Posts 72
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
Remember, the older a player the lower he can sell for thus increasing their value to certain teams.
Sorry ozzymac, I don't understand what you're saying here.

17th May 16 11:07 AM
Jija
Posts 72
Quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by IAG_moderator
We expect there to be differences of opinion, and would encourage all managers to engage in positive discussion.

Not sure you understand the meaning of positive discussion, buddy.

17th May 16 11:15 AM
RonManager
Posts 62
Quote:
Surely the issue is people "camping out" all day rather than the actual increment. By using a % of the current highest unit, this has potential to escalate very quickly, which cannot be good for the inflation in the game.

And isn't the "camping out" issue being addressed by the bids being throttled?

They are slightly different, bid throttling forces a manager to consider his next bid more carefully, the min increment is there to keep bidding sensible. Auto bid comes into play also.

The design is such that it will be very simple to tune or disable the min bid % and the throttling rate. My intention is that those are tuned as required, based on our experience of how the new system is used. If we find we can relax them we will.

Ron

17th May 16 11:26 AM
Jija
Posts 72
Quote:
They are slightly different, bid throttling forces a manager to consider his next bid more carefully, the min increment is there to keep bidding sensible. Auto bid comes into play also.

The design is such that it will be very simple to tune or disable the min bid % and the throttling rate. My intention is that those are tuned as required, based on our experience of how the new system is used. If we find we can relax them we will.

Ron
Fair enough Ron, providing it is carefully managed I'm prepared to see how it goes. I do, however, think that you're doing a bit too much "belt and braces" in places (like the sales tax that I mentioned in the other thread), but if you're prepared to relax some of the "rules" over time, then perhaps it could work. Although I do have concerns that regularly tweaks or changes to rules would make it difficult to plan ahead.

17th May 16 11:38 AM
RonManager
Posts 62
Some tweaks like changes to bid throttling or to the next bid amount have no impact on managers long term planning.

Sales tax, would of course.

The goal here is to take so cash out of the game.
We are doing if for the economy. But again its a tunable feature, any ongoing changes to it will be come with plenty of notice.
If we find its not required, it will be set very low.

Its another lever we have to help control the economy of the game and the TM activity too.

Ron

17th May 16 12:26 PM
Jija
Posts 72
Understood. Thanks Ron.

But I do think the sales tax is a bit much, and will only result in managers compensating in the asking price, and therefore is effectively redundant whilst artificially increasing inflation.

17th May 16 12:56 PM
dmcc1
Posts 12
Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie_Manager
Instead of having a sales tax, could we instead have a luxury tax. We need to get more fair / good players on the markets, I don't see how a taxation is going to encourage this, by all means tax any transaction say over 2 million, thats sounds fair to me.

+1

17th May 16 1:15 PM
RonManager
Posts 62
Quote:
Understood. Thanks Ron.

But I do think the sales tax is a bit much, and will only result in managers compensating in the asking price, and therefore is effectively redundant whilst artificially increasing inflation.

But the PA will inhibit that inflation. As said, the design is that its tunable.
We will find the correct level for it.

Ron

17th May 16 1:20 PM
Jija
Posts 72
Hmm, ok Ron, I'm not convinced on this one, but I've aired my thoughts, so let's see how it goes.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game