ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
17th May 16 2:36 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
Originally posted by Jija
Hmm, ok Ron, I'm not convinced on this one, but I've aired my thoughts, so let's see how it goes.

One thing that has to be weighed in is the fact the original population of players is gradually retiring, thus the quality of players (in terms of potential) in the game is dropping. We are not talking about 80-90+ players, think good mid-tier players and how many times people have complained these are as hard to come by as the top dogs on the market.

The only sources of replenishing those retirees are club resets and (supposedly) the academy. Resets just can't cut it for they are too few and too few of those players find their way on the market anyway.

Without the agents proposal we would be counting on the academy alone, but it will take much longer before it can have any impact on the game as it has to be coded in and then you'd have to wait several seasons more to nurture the players in it.

Now think how many teams will stall and decrease in quality as they fail to replace their retirees like for like. Some will, but since the overall number of players of that tier decreases, most will not.

It's up to each of us to judge if this is good, bad, or it doesn't matter. But in reality as far as the game as a whole is concerned, it is hugely detrimental as it drives managers away and furthers other issues.

Agents provide a natural solution to a gaping problem on top of everything else discussed. I don't think there is any issue with introducing them, the key is getting the balance right and adjusting whenever it is required.

Edit: oops I posted this in the wrong thread, Jija, please don't follow up here, let's have this conversation where it belongs instead!

17th May 16 4:55 PM
taoheedovic
Posts 41
loaning of player should be include

17th May 16 5:06 PM
pahawkfan_2nd
Posts 19
This all looks very good. It's a very nice balancing of "interesting and fair."

I may not be understanding everything but I'm not sure that throttling is required for auto-bids, especially if the priority favors older bids over newer.

Can anyone elaborate on the reasoning for throttling the auto-bids? Thanks.

17th May 16 5:08 PM
pahawkfan_2nd
Posts 19
Quote:
Originally posted by taoheedovic
loaning of player should be include

I think many will agree with you in principle. The problem is that a loan system would probably increase the potential for cheating and abuse.

17th May 16 6:42 PM
howie0175_2nd
Posts 3
Something that has not been addressed yet is free transfers. I have 4 goalkeepers on my staff one is 26 years old that I tried to transfer for 250,000 credits I didn't receive an offer I wasn't too surprised but in a few days time his contract runs out and as I am not offering him a new contract he will be lost to the game.
This player in real life would be a free agent, he is allowed to ask for a signing on fee and negotiate is own contract something along these lines could be benificial to our game. Free transfers in general would in my view help to keep transfers in check.

17th May 16 7:04 PM
ZTGv1
Posts 1
Quote:
Originally posted by howie0175_2nd
Something that has not been addressed yet is free transfers. I have 4 goalkeepers on my staff one is 26 years old that I tried to transfer for 250,000 credits I didn't receive an offer I wasn't too surprised but in a few days time his contract runs out and as I am not offering him a new contract he will be lost to the game.
This player in real life would be a free agent, he is allowed to ask for a signing on fee and negotiate is own contract something along these lines could be benificial to our game. Free transfers in general would in my view help to keep transfers in check.

I support that, make Free Agents a thing.

17th May 16 7:11 PM
JustSuper
Posts 25
Quote:
Originally posted by ZTGv1

Maybe we can make free agents, youth who decline promotion, or youth who run out of contract without the manager giving a contract extension?

17th May 16 7:22 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Originally posted by ZTGv1

We need to balance the player population and I can only see this putting that balance out of sync.

17th May 16 7:38 PM
JustSuper
Posts 25
Many people are getting frustrated at the diabolical situation of the transfer market. Many people now want player agents to be a thing. But perhaps we don`t need player agents. Yes it would be a good addition, and i would not oppose it, but wouldnt it be better if the youth academy was improved. Am i the only one who thinks the youth academy is extremely underpowered?

Maybe people would be able to rely on youth academies, if you were able to keep more then 8 players. If their are not enough adequate players then surely this is a brilliant solution. Think about it. When was the last time you have had to decline a good youth, because you already had 8 youth academy players?

Reducing the youth academy cap would, increase players on the transfer market, increase trust in the youth academy and increase the quality produced by youth academies.

The more youth players produced, the more quality the youth academy will produce. The more players on the transfer market, the more availability of certain wanted players. The more quality produced the more availability of quality players.

I think player agents is a good idea, dont get me wrong. But i think increasing the youth academy first is a better alternative. Then add player agents, because who doesn't like 2 free players a year?

17th May 16 7:52 PM
roland68
Posts 973
I would still like to know what the plan is for the visibility of transfer markets to buying managers. I don't see it mentioned in the first post..

Will managers see all transfer markets every day ? Or will it be restricted as it is now..

If managers can put a player on the transfer market for just 3 days then, as my current best scouts currently takes, I think, 3 days to return with results (my lower rated scout takes 4 days, I think), a scout would need to be sent out the day before he is transfer listed to find a specific player. If, for example, you see a message on the transfer forum advertising a player you really want, some scouts won't be able to find him in time..

So what is the intention for viewing of markets and use of scouts under the proposed new system.?

17th May 16 7:55 PM
Lemmy
Posts 469
Quote:
Originally posted by JustSuper
Many people are getting frustrated at the diabolical situation of the transfer market. Many people now want player agents to be a thing. But perhaps we don`t need player agents. Yes it would be a good addition, and i would not oppose it, but wouldnt it be better if the youth academy was improved. Am i the only one who thinks the youth academy is extremely underpowered?

Maybe people would be able to rely on youth academies, if you were able to keep more then 8 players. If their are not enough adequate players then surely this is a brilliant solution. Think about it. When was the last time you have had to decline a good youth, because you already had 8 youth academy players?

Reducing the youth academy cap would, increase players on the transfer market, increase trust in the youth academy and increase the quality produced by youth academies.

The more youth players produced, the more quality the youth academy will produce. The more players on the transfer market, the more availability of certain wanted players. The more quality produced the more availability of quality players.

I think player agents is a good idea, dont get me wrong. But i think increasing the youth academy first is a better alternative. Then add player agents, because who doesn't like 2 free players a year?

Err... haven't you read the youth academy improvements thread?

17th May 16 8:15 PM
PH3NIX
Posts 212
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
I would still like to know what the plan is for the visibility of transfer markets to buying managers. I don't see it mentioned in the first post..

Will managers see all transfer markets every day ? Or will it be restricted as it is now..

If managers can put a player on the transfer market for just 3 days then, as my current best scouts currently takes, I think, 3 days to return with results (my lower rated scout takes 4 days, I think), a scout would need to be sent out the day before he is transfer listed to find a specific player. If, for example, you see a message on the transfer forum advertising a player you really want, some scouts won't be able to find him in time..

So what is the intention for viewing of markets and use of scouts under the proposed new system.?
Sellers to have the option of listing a player on all league markets, 50% of markets, or just the home market, The cost of the listing would be dependent both on the number of leagues listed in and on the player's selling price. In addition to that, if the player is sold then a sales tax would apply. A percentage of the final selling fee would be deducted. The exact percentage would again depend on the number of markets in which the player is liste
So its going to depend how a manager lists his players if your going to be able to see him or not.

17th May 16 9:55 PM
mackfishy
Posts 56
So there is no maximum initial bid level?

So, say a player is listed at 500k, would a buyer be able to bid 10m straight away, visible for all to see, or would they be forced to raise it incrementally?

A high initial bid may serve as a strong deterrent. When bidding wars start they often seem to take on a life of their own, with people paying over the odds just to win.

17th May 16 10:18 PM
JustSuper
Posts 25
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
Err... haven't you read the youth academy improvements thread?

No, i have not.......sorry about that

Edit: Btw if you dont know already, im in favour of the youth academy idea

17th May 16 10:36 PM
pahawkfan_2nd
Posts 19
Quote:
Originally posted by mackfishy

So, say a player is listed at 500k, would a buyer be able to bid 10m straight away, visible for all to see, or would they be forced to raise it incrementally?

A high initial bid may serve as a strong deterrent. When bidding wars start they often seem to take on a life of their own, with people paying over the odds just to win.

I think bidders/potential bidders only see how many bidders have placed bids and what the current winning bid is.

17th May 16 10:54 PM
roland68
Posts 973
Quote:
Originally posted by PH3NIX
Sellers to have the option of listing a player on all league markets, 50% of markets, or just the home market, The cost of the listing would be dependent both on the number of leagues listed in and on the player's selling price. In addition to that, if the player is sold then a sales tax would apply. A percentage of the final selling fee would be deducted. The exact percentage would again depend on the number of markets in which the player is liste
So its going to depend how a manager lists his players if your going to be able to see him or not.

Thanks for replying, but I am still missing something

1. As a buyer, currently, we can send scouts out to find players that we cannot see on other markets, will that feature still be available or removed?

2. Currently we see our own league's transfer market and one other each day.
What will we see under this new proposal ?
From your quote above, does this mean that players (that have been listed on all / 50% markets) from other transfer markets will or may be visible on our home market ?
Or, does it mean we can see/select all markets but will only actually be able to view and bid on those players that are available to us because they have been listed as availble to all / 50% of markets..
Or is there going to be just one global market but managers can see just the players available to them because they are listed on their home market/ all markets / 50% chance of those listed on 50% markets.

17th May 16 10:55 PM
Okgillette
Posts 18
Quote:

I was eluding to this.

18th May 16 4:50 AM
PH3NIX
Posts 212
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
Thanks for replying, but I am still missing something

1. As a buyer, currently, we can send scouts out to find players that we cannot see on other markets, will that feature still be available or removed?

2. Currently we see our own league's transfer market and one other each day.
What will we see under this new proposal ?
From your quote above, does this mean that players (that have been listed on all / 50% markets) from other transfer markets will or may be visible on our home market ?
Or, does it mean we can see/select all markets but will only actually be able to view and bid on those players that are available to us because they have been listed as availble to all / 50% of markets..
Or is there going to be just one global market but managers can see just the players available to them because they are listed on their home market/ all markets / 50% chance of those listed on 50% markets.
Sorry have been off line for a while and i will have to go back over discussions to check this out.Have to go back to work shortly and if no one answers will look into it when i get home.

18th May 16 1:23 PM
Jija
Posts 72
Quote:

This has sparked a thought...if you're bidding on more than one player at a time, does the calculation of your spend versus your available funds work on the actual bids or your highest bids? If it's the former, then how will it work if your actual bids goes over your available funds? Which bids will get cancelled? Or do all of them get cancelled?

18th May 16 1:34 PM
RonManager
Posts 62
Quote:
Originally posted by Jija
This has sparked a thought...if you're bidding on more than one player at a time, does the calculation of your spend versus your available funds work on the actual bids or your highest bids? If it's the former, then how will it work if your actual bids goes over your available funds? Which bids will get cancelled? Or do all of them get cancelled?

It would work on your max bid values.
Ron

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game