ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
« Prev12Next »
8th Apr 24 3:45 PM
roland68
Posts 979
CR points
I feel club rating points are being very harsh on me recently. Minus 9 CR pts yesterday for drawing away from home against a very decent team, the second best in Scotland.
It's usually only around minus 5 points for a draw which is already nasty

It maybe because my opponents have recently dropped to a lower ranking though even drawing to weaker teams hasn't punished me that much in the past.

It would be nice to still manage a team would gain CR pints after a draw

8th Apr 24 8:16 PM
Rustyjack
Posts 36
The bigger they are.................

12th Apr 24 8:59 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 227
On the subject of club rating points, I feel I am so near, yet so far away from 7501 currently.

* I need 28 points as it stands.
* Selling a youth product to get my team rating up is a plus.
* Top of the league, but feel I am on borrowed time there.

Tectonic Mango will probably hurt me on Monday & unless I can pull a rabbit out of the hat at his place, I will either drop to 2nd or 3rd, which will be a huge loss that will be hard to regain at 4-5 points for a win without regaining league position.

It's tough up here!

12th Apr 24 10:42 PM
Mr_Cantona
Posts 18
Just curious, what is the highest CR seen so far?

12th Apr 24 10:51 PM
stripey
Posts 6,157
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr_Cantona
Just curious, what is the highest CR seen so far?

Pretty near to 8501, I think, but not quite there.

18th Apr 24 8:27 PM
euromyside
Posts 31
Current....

Description Previous Current Target Progress
Club rating 5686 5859 6686 17/100
Club ranking 75 72 68 43/100
Average staff rating 52 52 62 0/100
Average player rating 62 63 72 10/100
Minimum wins required 38 13 18 72/100
Maximum defeats 0 0 10 34/100
Minimum points required 114 39 65 60/100
League position 1 1 12 100/100
Brazilian Cup round 3 2 4 50/100

Do you think I can make 6500 in Serie D if I just do what I keep doing. Winning against unmanaged teams?

If you had my club, sweep wins upwards the divisions to Serie A, what do you think you could achieve club rating wise on the final promotion?

18th Apr 24 8:45 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 227
Quote:
Originally posted by euromyside
Current....

Description Previous Current Target Progress
Club rating 5686 5859 6686 17/100
Club ranking 75 72 68 43/100
Average staff rating 52 52 62 0/100
Average player rating 62 63 72 10/100
Minimum wins required 38 13 18 72/100
Maximum defeats 0 0 10 34/100
Minimum points required 114 39 65 60/100
League position 1 1 12 100/100
Brazilian Cup round 3 2 4 50/100

Do you think I can make 6500 in Serie D if I just do what I keep doing. Winning against unmanaged teams?

If you had my club, sweep wins upwards the divisions to Serie A, what do you think you could achieve club rating wise on the final promotion?

That's a tough ask this season and probably the next... you'll need to be pretty shrewd getting 6501 any time soon, but would be happy for you to prove me wrong. The lower divisions are pretty easy to win from, so in 3 seasons if you keep winning. I'd be tempted to stay in serie B for another season if you aren't at 6501 by then.

21st Apr 24 10:30 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 282
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
It would be nice to still manage a team would gain CR pints after a draw

I'd like to know why drawing with a 7501+ team that I've never taken a point off before nets me -2 points

22nd Apr 24 2:13 AM
roland68
Posts 979
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
I'd like to know why drawing with a 7501+ team that I've never taken a point off before nets me -2 points

Draw just aren't good enough.

Be grateful it's only -2 points though, at some point you may find yourself losing 5 points for a draw

26th Apr 24 7:50 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 227
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueBoar
On the subject of club rating points, I feel I am so near, yet so far away from 7501 currently.

* I need 28 points as it stands.
* Selling a youth product to get my team rating up is a plus.
* Top of the league, but feel I am on borrowed time there.

Tectonic Mango will probably hurt me on Monday & unless I can pull a rabbit out of the hat at his place, I will either drop to 2nd or 3rd, which will be a huge loss that will be hard to regain at 4-5 points for a win without regaining league position.

It's tough up here!

And so, after weeks of trying to get across the line, yesterday I caught a break and moved back to top spot with club rating up to 7504 (position worth 20 I guess and win 4, which is my typical average), so all I needed to do was get 3 points off Grenadiers and the next few games would be relatively easy and ... we drew!

Knowing how the game punishes you for losing points and position, I would imagine I am facing a net loss in points now as Kawawong didn't beat or draw with Tectonic Mango, which would be shock of the season in all honesty anyway.

Back to the drawing board and probably back to where I was in my last post nearly 2 weeks ago.

It's enough to make you weep!

26th Apr 24 8:17 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 227
Quote:
And so, after weeks of trying to get across the line, yesterday I caught a break and moved back to top spot with club rating up to 7504 (position worth 20 I guess and win 4, which is my typical average), so all I needed to do was get 3 points off Grenadiers and the next few games would be relatively easy and ... we drew!

Knowing how the game punishes you for losing points and position, I would imagine I am facing a net loss in points now as Kawawong didn't beat or draw with Tectonic Mango, which would be shock of the season in all honesty anyway.

Back to the drawing board and probably back to where I was in my last post nearly 2 weeks ago.

It's enough to make you weep!

Well, not quite a disaster, but I am 18 points below the magic number now, but I am hoping I can do something about that to get back above that number in the next couple of days.

26th Apr 24 8:26 PM
porkpie
Posts 235
Quote:
Well, not quite a disaster, but I am 18 points below the magic number now, but I am hoping I can do something about that to get back above that number in the next couple of days.

It's a total lottery whether you get the few points you need. TBH I have just winged it all the way through the game and I've been so close to that 7501 rating. Got to the point where I thought it was going to happen and I lost points. So to cheer me up I bought a high rated pensioner and I dropped a lot.

26th Apr 24 9:02 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 227
Quote:
Originally posted by porkpie
It's a total lottery whether you get the few points you need. TBH I have just winged it all the way through the game and I've been so close to that 7501 rating. Got to the point where I thought it was going to happen and I lost points. So to cheer me up I bought a high rated pensioner and I dropped a lot.

Yeah, I have been playing pretty much the same way, but getting to 7501 has been really hard work.

I have only dropping 5 points to the half way stage which has helped, but when you get to this level, you lose points for a win when your income exceeds a certain level and that makes it so much harder to enjoy rewards for winning, while losing or dropping points or position still kicks you in the testicles.

26th Apr 24 9:11 PM
porkpie
Posts 235
Quote:
Yeah, I have been playing pretty much the same way, but getting to 7501 has been really hard work.

I have only dropping 5 points to the half way stage which has helped, but when you get to this level, you lose points for a win when your income exceeds a certain level and that makes it so much harder to enjoy rewards for winning, while losing or dropping points or position still kicks you in the testicles.

I still don't take it all in, even though I have been given some good advice over the years. I'm more at trying to reduce the age of my team while adding better rated players, which is very hard. I did reset my team a good while ago and went with younger players. It's worked up to a certain point, along with the way the youth system works as I've sold a few unicorns.

Anyone reading, I have 'unicorns' in my team if anyone wants to put an offer in.

2x defenders and 1 mid. Plus one very near goalie.

26th Apr 24 9:20 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 282
Quote:
...when you get to this level, you lose points for a win when your income exceeds a certain level...

Sorry, run that past me again

26th Apr 24 9:33 PM
porkpie
Posts 235
Quote:

I may be totally wrong here, but If you are very high ranked side playing against a low level club, you may lose points even if you win this fixture. Add it against income and outgoings and it could be the difference between going up in ratings and going down.

26th Apr 24 10:48 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 227
Quote:

Effectively, I now have too much disposable income, so I lose a lot (if not all) of the benefit of points awarded for income from matches, so whereas I used to get about 9 club rating points for a win, I now only get maybe 3 to 5 points.

It means I have to get inventive when I need more points. You'll understand when your club gets to where I am now... you're club is rated 33, so you are where I was about three seasons ago.

27th Apr 24 4:21 PM
Chyperhondria2nd
Posts 13
Quote:
Originally posted by porkpie
I may be totally wrong here, but If you are very high ranked side playing against a low level club, you may lose points even if you win this fixture.

Quote:
Effectively, I now have too much disposable income, so I lose a lot (if not all) of the benefit of points awarded for income from matches, so whereas I used to get about 9 club rating points for a win, I now only get maybe 3 to 5 points.

Hmm, still not sure I'm following...if the top teams lost points for their wins against lower rated teams they'd be losing points every other day! Even in the top divisions there are at least a handful who are below 5501.

I get the point about being over 100M club value not getting you more points but that's the same whatever your overall rating...

27th Apr 24 5:32 PM
roland68
Posts 979
Quote:

But consider that you're likely to lose a few more points at the next update, maybe 8, I'd guess.

27th Apr 24 6:42 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 227
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
But consider that you're likely to lose a few more points at the next update, maybe 8, I'd guess.

Yes, the bye into the 2nd round of the IAG cup may nick a few more points, but we'll see how things go.

« Prev12Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game