ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
« Prev12Next »
27th Apr 24 7:17 PM
porkpie
Posts 233
Quote:
Originally posted by Chyperhondria2nd
Hmm, still not sure I'm following...if the top teams lost points for their wins against lower rated teams they'd be losing points every other day! Even in the top divisions there are at least a handful who are below 5501.

I get the point about being over 100M club value not getting you more points but that's the same whatever your overall rating...

I'd had a few too many lagers last night. What I think I meant, and possibly still wrong is when you play really low ranked sides, not the ones at a decent standard.

29th Apr 24 9:30 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 227
I have just backtracked over the last few days to try and understand something!

... drawing with Grenadiers was the catalyst for the following events, as I knew I would drop points and league position after that result.

... I looked for a way to lessen the impact and found one, so the points impact of the above event was lessened somewhat.

... Following day, I had no fixture aside a reserve match, so no income, but there was a modest increase in CR points, so I was surprised there.

... then yesterday I had a very tense away game against Real Athena Leeds. Not much income from that but we won & gained a few more CR points.

... then today, home to Alba Gu Brath, won and clearly I was expecting us to gain a yet more CR points!!!

... No, Nothing, Nought, Nada, Zip, the square root of Jack!

... Now, I can understand only getting a few points and some days are less than others. I can also understand how lesser teams may reduce your CR haul for the day, but analysing that for a second, there was only a point and a place separating Real Athena Leeds & Alba Gu Brath before I played the former, so how can I earn CR points from one but not the other, especially bearing in mind the one I did get points from, was away, with little income?

... I thought about the game calculation being a day behind the event, but if that was the case, I would have had no movement after playing Real Athina Leeds, as the previous day was no fixture. I just don't get it... do you?

29th Apr 24 9:47 PM
Firesilver
Posts 983
Well, I know how it used to worked in a previous version of the game where the results of your last 5 seasons matches had a direct impact on your CR. So you might win a match, but if your equivalent match from 5 seasons ago was also a win, then you might gain points for the win but lose a similar amount of points for the previous win now being beyond your 5-season cycle. If the match from 5 seasons previous was a win against a top club that had gained you extra CR points you could frequently lose points overall despite winning a game!

Meanwhile you could draw a match and still gain CR points overall if the match that was chalked off from 5 seasons previous was a defeat.

I don't know if it still works that way, but it certainly seems like manager rating is affected by the strength of your opposition so it's distinctly possible. Not sure if it's still a 5-season cycle though.

Unless you track every result your club has had it's going to really hard to be certain, and even then other fluctuations can affect your CR, so good luck working out exactly how it works

30th Apr 24 1:22 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 227
Thanks Firesilver.

Yes, I think the game might still be modelled on a cycle of historical games, but if that happens to be the case, it doesn't explain why this season has seen my best performance in terms of points gained at the midpoint of the season, which brings me back to how the game doesn't reward you quite as well when you reach a certain level, but crucifies you with any slip up.

This season will certainly be better than anything I have done in the previous seasons, where my net haul is typically 85-90 points and I am already approaching 60 points now.

I have spent 75% of the season top of the table, whereas historically I would be lucky to be 3rd or 4th now. Ultimately, I think there's something else at play, but I can't pinpoint what it is.

1st May 24 2:39 PM
roland68
Posts 980
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Sorry, run that past me again

That's was my reaction too.. Do I need to throw away some of my thoughts on CR points and start thinking with a clean page again..

1st May 24 3:08 PM
roland68
Posts 980
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueBoar

I just don't get it... do you?

No, Sometimes I don't quite get the increase/decrease that happens.

Quote:

... Following day, I had no fixture aside a reserve match, so no income, but there was a modest increase in CR points, so I was surprised there.

I commented this day and expected you to get a 8 or 12 point loss. I was surprised you gained something like 17 points, was it? I guess this must have been from average player rating / average staff rating changes alongside it, was it?

Quote:

... Now, I can understand only getting a few points and some days are less than others. I can also understand how lesser teams may reduce your CR haul for the day, but analysing that for a second, there was only a point and a place separating Real Athena Leeds & Alba Gu Brath before I played the former, so how can I earn CR points from one but not the other, especially bearing in mind the one I did get points from, was away, with little income?

I don't know how it works either but rather than looking at the teams' current points and table position, I tend to look at the clubs' current rating and ranking.
Firstly, I see those teams are around 50 places apart in the rankings. Secondly, one is rated 46 and the other is rated 51. Thirdly, I don't know if it makes any difference, but one was at home, the other was away.

It makes a little more sense then because I don't think you should consider income from games now that your club valuation is over 100m.

I may be totally wrong though, just my view.

« Prev12Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game