ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Off Topic
17th Sep 16 1:40 PM
TopGun2
Posts 568
18 holes today, shot a 110 which isn't great, even having played so little in recent years but that breaks down to 61 for the front 9 and 49 for the back 9 so maybe I'm getting back into it more. Picked up a couple of pars and handicap today worked out at 23 compared to last week's 20 so I just need to eliminate the 8s 9s and 10s from my scorecard to start putting together some sensible round totals. Short game definitely the biggest drain for me at the moment.

17th Sep 16 6:40 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
76 in competition. Frustrating as was going along nicely. bogey, bogey then 7 pars, birdie. Back to 1 over then the wheels kind of fell off. Started fatting chips. I don't normally do that.

Managed to cling on to 4 over, but annoying as I had done the hard work of getting into the round.

17th Sep 16 6:50 PM
Denny
Posts 377
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
18 holes today, shot a 110 which isn't great, even having played so little in recent years but that breaks down to 61 for the front 9 and 49 for the back 9 so maybe I'm getting back into it more. Picked up a couple of pars and handicap today worked out at 23 compared to last week's 20 so I just need to eliminate the 8s 9s and 10s from my scorecard to start putting together some sensible round totals. Short game definitely the biggest drain for me at the moment.

Handicap 23 after 110??!

I must be doing something wrong with a 92 and still on a 28 handicap!

17th Sep 16 6:55 PM
Denny
Posts 377
18 booked in for tomorrow afternoon. My short game was better when I played nine holes a couple of weeks back so hopefully that'll continue. Will report back tomorrow...

17th Sep 16 7:06 PM
TopGun2
Posts 568
Quote:
Originally posted by Denny
Handicap 23 after 110??!

I must be doing something wrong with a 92 and still on a 28 handicap!

I don't have an actual handicap, just mean that's what that round would have worked out at. I did get 2 pars and 9 bogeys, it was the 29 over par for the other 7 holes that made it 110!

17th Sep 16 7:51 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
A 23 h/c should expect to hit 29 over par as an average sort of score.

17th Sep 16 9:32 PM
simondo68
Posts 23
86 today, felt better than that, every part of the game Daly good today and the 86 after yesterday's 88 looks consistent, confidence is a huge factor and it is up at the moment, 18 holes again in the morning, hope it's not a back down to earth day

18th Sep 16 10:03 PM
Denny
Posts 377
Ended up with a 93 today and 39 points. Could have been so much better...

Started off really well with two pars, three bogeys and a double bogey in the first six holes. Then came the 7th. Tee shot was alright then managed to duff my second. Third was okay and a lay up (massive pot hole bunker in front of the green) but managed to chip my fourth in to the bunker. Had to play to the side due to bunker being so deep and then over hit my sixth. Seventh back on to the green then two putted for a nine. Wasn't to worried as it shouldn't affect my handicap too much. Bounced back with a par 3 and a bogey 5 on the 9th. Out in 44 with 22 points.

A bad start to the back nine set me back. Opened with +2 / +3 / +1 / +3. I was running out of holes to get my handicap down. Par 3'd the 14th followed by a double bogey on the tricky 15th. By this point I was on 32 points and really needed a good run in to have any chance. Parred the 16th (4 points), parred the 17th (3 points) which put me on 39. Needed 2 points on the last. Ended up dumping it in the lake and finished on a 9...

18th Sep 16 10:09 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
You're on the cusp of a really good score, Denny. Sub-90 very soon!!

18th Sep 16 10:21 PM
Denny
Posts 377
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
You're on the cusp of a really good score, Denny. Sub-90 very soon!!

Let's hope so!

18th Sep 16 10:26 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by Denny
Let's hope so!

It'll happen soon Denny

20th Sep 16 7:51 PM
simondo68
Posts 23
Another 18 today, last 4 rounds 89, 88, 89, 87, today's 87 included 2 triple bogeys trying a Phil Mickleson hinge and hold technique up to the green, probably should keep it to practice greens for now but when it comes off it's nice. Still waiting for the breakthrough round but can almost smell it

23rd Sep 16 9:12 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
I'm hoping to get out this morning so i can submit a card for my handicap but it's bucketing down. Hopefully it clears in the next 3 hours

24th Sep 16 7:14 AM
zfreez
Posts 15
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
I'm hoping to get out this morning so i can submit a card for my handicap but it's bucketing down. Hopefully it clears in the next 3 hours

Managed to sneak in nine holes before it opened up!

(There was an Asian group in front of us,one of them was semi close to the flag)

Did I mention , I almost jagged a 1

137m par 3 call up hole, knocked a 9 iron in *dead st8 at it one bounce an the Idiot decides to rush an take the pin out

Well the other two Gents, I was with were members an had Stearn words lol
They were hollering its in .. its in on the first pitch/bounce

24th Sep 16 8:40 AM
Denny
Posts 377
Oh that's unfortunate... does that class as a penalty stroke? If it's any consolation the ball may not have gone in if the flag was in the hole.

24th Sep 16 10:34 AM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Not sure I fully understand (text speak and all) but are you saying you aced it, but the guys in front had taken the flag out as it got near?

If so I would say it is still an ace as they were not part of your group. That said I am not sure.

24th Sep 16 10:56 AM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoopie
Not sure I fully understand (text speak and all) but are you saying you aced it, but the guys in front had taken the flag out as it got near?

If so I would say it is still an ace as they were not part of your group. That said I am not sure.

I'd agree with you, Hoopie - I don't think it invalidates the hole-in-one.
Drinks all round, I presume, hosted by the ace scorer?

24th Sep 16 2:38 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
zfreez, make mine a large one!

Never had a hole in one

24th Sep 16 3:10 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoopie
zfreez, make mine a large one!

Never had a hole in one

6 inches is my closest

I'll have a drink though

24th Sep 16 9:16 PM
Denny
Posts 377
Oh in that case, pint of Beck's, please! Hit the pin before and ended up over the other side of the green!

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game