ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Off Topic
7th Oct 16 8:35 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by simondo68
Putter from 20 years ago might be an option to replace as well?

I keep thinking about it but it feels good when i use it still. My mates oftem laugh when i pull it out of the bag

7th Oct 16 8:52 PM
stripey
Posts 6,141
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
I keep thinking about it but it feels good when i use it still. My mates oftem laugh when i pull it out of the bag

But you can silence them with a cool twenty footer.
Many of my clubs are that old, or very nearly - the only exceptions are the fairway woods.

7th Oct 16 8:53 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
But you can silence them with a cool twenty footer.
Many of my clubs are that old, or very nearly - the only exceptions are the fairway woods.

It's good from about 20 feet off the green too. Usually gets the ball closer than my chip shots

7th Oct 16 8:59 PM
stripey
Posts 6,141
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
It's good from about 20 feet off the green too. Usually gets the ball closer than my chip shots

Perfectly good reason for keeping it. As well as not spending 200 dollars.
It ain't how, but how many.

8th Oct 16 8:10 AM
Hoopie
Posts 184
If you think a club is good, then the chances are it will be good.

Golf is such a mental game (in more ways than one)

We all have a club we like more than others. I prefer my PW and 56 more than my 52, as I result I generally hit the PW and 56 better,since I believe I will.

A putting tip for you now. Before you putt, tell yourself (probably best under your breath, you don't want to be laughed at) that you are the best at putting in the world (doesn't matter if true or not, you just have to believe it) and you are going to hit an awesome putt. In fact everything from 20 foot in you expect to make, everything outside that is going damn close and still likely to go in. BELIEVE. You'll now relax, you'll ignore what may go wrong, and you'll hit a better putt as a result.

No reason to not try the same approach with all other clubs, just harder to believe after shanking one into the trees.

As a pro once told me, you'll never be able to hit a ball like the top players in the world, but there is no reason why you can't putt like them.

8th Oct 16 12:11 PM
TopGun2
Posts 566
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoopie

What is in your bag?

I Carry:

Driver (TM R5)
Rescue (TM)
Hybrid 5w
Hybrid 3i
4-PW (Founders Club)
SW
Chipper
Putter (Nicklaus Signature series)

I very rarely use the hybrids, they make silly noises and I don't trust them anyway. All of them are 10 years old now (at least) so I probably ought to replace the lot.

I've recently stopped using the chipper as I've learnt how to chip properly so now I use a wedge or 9i for chipping.

The biggest problem is my rescue wood. Since I started playing again I haven't hit a single good shot with it. I use it a lot and I hit it perfectly on the range and it was always my favourite club before. Now I just don't know what to do with it. It's definitely in my head now that I'm worried every time I grab it but it's my go to club for long second shots and for narrow fairways off the tee so it's costing me a lot of shots at the moment

8th Oct 16 2:01 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2

The biggest problem is my rescue wood. Since I started playing again I haven't hit a single good shot with it. I use it a lot and I hit it perfectly on the range and it was always my favourite club before. Now I just don't know what to do with it. It's definitely in my head now that I'm worried every time I grab it but it's my go to club for long second shots and for narrow fairways off the tee so it's costing me a lot of shots at the moment

Close your eyes and imagine that the shot is the potential Champions League winning penalty for spurs.
then shank it

8th Oct 16 4:57 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Medal round today,

Played very solid for first 13 holes, nothing would go in the hole mind you, 11 pars and 2 bogeys. Was playing well enough to be under par.

Then the wheels fell off.

14th Bogey, couldn't get up and down from the thick green side rough
15th Double bogey, 3 off the tee
16th Bogey, hit the big ball before the little ball
17th Par
18th Double bogey, had lost interest

The last 5 holes is the time to pick up birdies, not be 6 over

8th Oct 16 7:09 PM
TopGun2
Posts 566
107 for me today. Plenty of positives but clearly plenty of negatives too 3 pars but 4 8s and a 9 too. Still won the match 5&4 which'll tell you how badly my brother played; I think he's remembered why he gave up golf last time.

On the up side, my chipping is mostly still holding up and, also mostly, my putting was good. Not good off the tees or the fairways though.

8th Oct 16 9:48 PM
TopGun2
Posts 566
I almost forgot, I did achieve something quite special today. It's really quite a feature of golfing skills to lose a ball before you get to the first tee but managed it today. Warming up in the practice bunker, I thinned one, flew the chipping Green into the lake.

9th Oct 16 10:42 AM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
I almost forgot, I did achieve something quite special today. It's really quite a feature of golfing skills to lose a ball before you get to the first tee but managed it today. Warming up in the practice bunker, I thinned one, flew the chipping Green into the lake.

3 off the first, good skills.

A lake beside the practice range doesn't sound like a great idea to me. That said have you got some rubbish balls you can practice lake skimming with? Take you 4 iron, back of the stand and try to skim the balls across. Obviously depends on what is on the other side I guess

9th Oct 16 8:07 PM
TopGun2
Posts 566
Quote:
3 off the first, good skills.

A lake beside the practice range doesn't sound like a great idea to me. That said have you got some rubbish balls you can practice lake skimming with? Take you 4 iron, back of the stand and try to skim the balls across. Obviously depends on what is on the other side I guess

If I managed to get it all the way cross it would't be my skimming skills I was impressed with it would be the 600 yard dive! It's quite a big lake, used for water skiing etc..

It's not by the range, it's next to the 1st tee, the lake sits inside the dog leg of the first and goes across past the 19th and way out beyond that. It's pretty common to lose a ball in there trying to cut the corner across the lake off the first tee but I guess it's rare to do it from the warm-up bunker.

12th Oct 16 3:02 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Competiton round today, starting with a double bogey is never ideal.

Was a real mixed bag of good shots and complete poop.

4 birdies helped, but untold bogies to finish 5 over par. I may get away with it if the SSS is raised, which I hope it will given some of the scores I saw.

12th Oct 16 6:42 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
CSS was 74, so I played to my h/c... that is a joke, I was never that good.

12th Oct 16 7:00 PM
stripey
Posts 6,141
Quote:
CSS was 74, so I played to my h/c... that is a joke, I was never that good.

That's the thing about CSS - people can have a bad - or good - day for no particular reason, and it gets skewed.

14th Oct 16 9:07 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Out for a round this morning. a lovely 29 degrees forcast but a little gusty.

Should give me a decent excuse when i slice off the tee

14th Oct 16 9:18 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
That's the thing about CSS - people can have a bad - or good - day for no particular reason, and it gets skewed.

There was a lack of category 1 golfers players, so wjatever I scored will skew the CSS. Had I scored well it would have been lower, bit silly really, but got away with one in that competition.

22nd Oct 16 1:25 AM
zfreez
Posts 15
Managed to sneak nine ...before heading into work

well.. almost crack 50

I had a 3 meter putt slight break left to right..I went for it (tried to hit the back of the hole) leaving just under 2 meters coming back
an ended up 3 putting

anyways ..semi pleased with a 51

24th Oct 16 10:24 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Finally got my 3rd card in. My 3 rounds were absolute shockers and i've been given a handicap or 34.5

Can't wait for the next stableford

25th Oct 16 4:40 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Played today, was 2 under through 7, having played the hard holes well, got a little sloppy and finished 1 over by the end.

Chipping really well, using the hinge and hold technique where the grass is long round the greens, working a treat, one chip in and 4 others that on another day could have gone in (although that will never happen).

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game