ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Off Topic
26th Oct 16 1:48 PM
simondo68
Posts 23
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoopie
Played today, was 2 under through 7, having played the hard holes well, got a little sloppy and finished 1 over by the end.

Chipping really well, using the hinge and hold technique where the grass is long round the greens, working a treat, one chip in and 4 others that on another day could have gone in (although that will never happen).

Glad Hinge and Hold working for you, its still a bit more hit and miss with me! Playing at Mottram Hall Manchester tomorrow and need to get iron play back on track, trying to do a few many things at the moment and messing me up a little

26th Oct 16 3:33 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Off for 18 in a few minutes - will report back.

27th Oct 16 7:29 AM
Denny
Posts 377
Had my assessment at the weekend. He's going to put a plan together for some lessons. He changed a couple of things during the assessment (which consisted him watching me play 6 holes) so I've got some things to work on before my first lesson.

1st Nov 16 7:08 AM
zfreez
Posts 15
well, almost cracked the 50 again...It must be close for sure

1 chip in, an another that hit the pin an stopped dead

(I got lucky on that one lol...If it hadn't of hit the pin , I'm sure I would've been chipping again)

comfortable 50

1st Nov 16 8:44 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
The old golf buggy has finally died so it's time for a new one. I'm looking at a push cart but not sure whether i should go with a fixed or pivoting front wheel.

Any recommendations/thoughts?

1st Nov 16 9:59 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
I have about a forty year gap between my last two trolley purchases! Previous to the most recent one, it had two wheels and they were both very narrow. I did have a time of cycling to the course, towing the trolley behind, but it could jack-knife on corners!

My home club is far too hilly for a trolley - it's actually easier to carry, as long as you don't take all fourteen. But I also play in a fairly light-hearted golf society that visits a different course each month. These are flatter, and I take a full set of clubs, so was hiring trolleys each time I played. I made the decision to get a trolley on economic grounds, and splashed out on a Clicgear 3.5. Three big wheels, with the front fixed, and you generally push the trolley in front of you. It folds up really well, so it doesn't take up too much room in the car boot.

2nd Nov 16 11:50 AM
Hoopie
Posts 184
I always carry and always take all my clubs. Only time I use a trolley would be if multiple rounds. You end up walkign further with a trolley as you have to go round the outside of bunkers and round greens. If you carry you can go where you like. Also good exercise.

I have a fixed 3 wheel trolley for the odd occasion I have to trolley, much better to push than to drag for your posture. Also fun letting go of the trolley on the downhill sections, you just have to hope it doesn't act like one of your drives and fly off at some ridiculous angle with you chasing after it.

2nd Nov 16 7:13 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
I have about a forty year gap between my last two trolley purchases! Previous to the most recent one, it had two wheels and they were both very narrow. I did have a time of cycling to the course, towing the trolley behind, but it could jack-knife on corners!

My home club is far too hilly for a trolley - it's actually easier to carry, as long as you don't take all fourteen. But I also play in a fairly light-hearted golf society that visits a different course each month. These are flatter, and I take a full set of clubs, so was hiring trolleys each time I played. I made the decision to get a trolley on economic grounds, and splashed out on a Clicgear 3.5. Three big wheels, with the front fixed, and you generally push the trolley in front of you. It folds up really well, so it doesn't take up too much room in the car boot.

The Clicgear 3.5 is one of the ones i'm looking at. It's slightly ahead at the moment but i'm unsure of whether to go with a fixed or pivoting front wheel.

Quote:
I always carry and always take all my clubs. Only time I use a trolley would be if multiple rounds. You end up walkign further with a trolley as you have to go round the outside of bunkers and round greens. If you carry you can go where you like. Also good exercise.

Unfortunately i can't do that for a whole round due to my knackerd knees. Besides, the way i slice the ball i get heaps more exercise and get to see more of the course

2nd Nov 16 8:40 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac

Unfortunately i can't do that for a whole round due to my knackerd knees. Besides, the way i slice the ball i get heaps more exercise and get to see more of the course

Also better for looking in the woods if you carry, easier to take them with you, rather than park the trolley outside, find your ball, then realise the bag is 50 yards away, fetch trolley, only to find you have lost the ball again, lol.

3rd Nov 16 4:41 PM
simondo68
Posts 23
Quote:
The old golf buggy has finally died so it's time for a new one. I'm looking at a push cart but not sure whether i should go with a fixed or pivoting front wheel.

Any recommendations/thoughts?

Stewart Follow, got one a couple of weeks ago, amazing machine

3rd Nov 16 5:06 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Originally posted by simondo68
Stewart Follow, got one a couple of weeks ago, amazing machine

Just looked it up £1500 eek!

Better off buying some new clubs and some lessons, then carrying the clubs. You'll play better.

3rd Nov 16 5:37 PM
simondo68
Posts 23
Quote:

Better off buying some new clubs and some lessons, then carrying the clubs. You'll play better.

Ha Ha, got new clubs as well, the trolley was a bit of a bonus from work. Wasn't really going to get it but got persuaded to by a mate who wanted one and wanted to justify it slightly to his wife

3rd Nov 16 5:39 PM
simondo68
Posts 23
Playing a nice course tomorrow, West Lancs in Liverpool, a links course and the forecast is terrible

3rd Nov 16 6:58 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Originally posted by simondo68
Playing a nice course tomorrow, West Lancs in Liverpool, a links course and the forecast is terrible

Good luck! You'll need it.

Links golf is so tough in bad weather. Not one of my strengths.

3rd Nov 16 8:27 PM
BubbaGump
Posts 473
links is my absolute favourite type of golf course

3rd Nov 16 8:40 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Originally posted by BubbaGump
links is my absolute favourite type of golf course

Fun as an occasional challenge, wouldn't want it for my bread and butter golf. Totally different type of game required to the one I like to play.

3rd Nov 16 8:53 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
The Clicgear 3.5 is one of the ones i'm looking at. It's slightly ahead at the moment but i'm unsure of whether to go with a fixed or pivoting front wheel.

I'd go for fixed - Hoopie's reason is good, that you can send it off on downhills, as long as you've checked out it won't veer off. They're easy to steer if you're managing them.

This has reminded me of one of the funniest sights I've seen on a golf course. I was out with the society I occasionally play with. the first hole was 150 yards across a valley with a pond at the bottom. We'd played our tee shots, and I was walking with another chap towards the green, when we caught sight of our third player chasing after his electric trolley. He'd set it to drive itself up to the green - SPLASH!

3rd Nov 16 8:55 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Fun as an occasional challenge, wouldn't want it for my bread and butter golf. Totally different type of game required to the one I like to play.

I'm with Bubba here, but I agree with you, Hoopie, that it needs a different mindset, as long as the conditions are as they should be, dry and running. I'm never more excited than when I come to a links course.

3rd Nov 16 9:47 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
I'm with Bubba here, but I agree with you, Hoopie, that it needs a different mindset, as long as the conditions are as they should be, dry and running. I'm never more excited than when I come to a links course.

Just curious, what other types of courses are there? How are they described?

3rd Nov 16 9:55 PM
Denny
Posts 377
Quote:

£25.99 from Argos. Job done. Gets the clubs round the course. What more do you need. And spending money on lessons too...

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game