ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Off Topic
9th Apr 16 9:45 AM
BubbaGump
Posts 473
I hope Mcilroy does it this year. The guy deserves it

9th Apr 16 11:38 AM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Yes - Rory or Justin for me.

13th Apr 16 9:30 PM
maddog17_2nd
Posts 397
I reckon Danny Willett's has a really good chance this year

13th Apr 16 9:34 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by maddog17_2nd
I reckon Danny Willett's has a really good chance this year

He was very impressive, especially after Spieth went swimming at the 12th and left him suddenly in the lead. Held his game and his nerve brilliantly and was a worthy and popular winner.

13th Apr 16 10:28 PM
maddog17
Posts 273
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
He was very impressive, especially after Spieth went swimming at the 12th and left him suddenly in the lead. Held his game and his nerve brilliantly and was a worthy and popular winner.

Spieth collapse was worse than Norman as he was in complete control then just didn't trust his game at the 12th.

Willetts was amazing at 16, 17 & 18 given the pressure and was a deserving victory.

He showed bottle under pressure, Westwood buckled again in a major when he had a great chance of winning.

13th Apr 16 10:34 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Spieth's disaster was reminiscent of McIlroy in 2011 - both lost six shots in three holes. He's young enough to get over it.

14th Apr 16 10:10 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Day off today and 26 degrees with sunshine forecast.

Might just dust off the clubs

14th Apr 16 10:14 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
Day off today and 26 degrees with sunshine forecast.

Might just dust off the clubs

26 degrees. That's almost off the scale for my thermometer!
Go for it, Ozzy!

14th Apr 16 10:21 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,332
26 degrees eh?

*Thinks back to last week and smiles wistfully*

14th Apr 16 10:29 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
26 degrees eh?

*Thinks back to last week and smiles wistfully*

Yeah, it's starting to cool down

14th Apr 16 10:40 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
26 is too hot for me. anyway. 20 is the perfect golf temperature.

27th Apr 16 1:00 PM
Trickyuk
Posts 181
Quote:
26 is too hot for me. anyway. 20 is the perfect golf temperature.

Agree with this. Unless of course you have a buggy then its fine!!

27th Apr 16 1:16 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by Trickyuk
Agree with this. Unless of course you have a buggy then its fine!!

I once went in a buggy as the bloke I was playing with had a dodgy leg, so he needed it in order to play at all, but I had to ask to get out after the first hole, as it felt so strange not to walk between shots. I can see the advantage on a really hot day, but I probably wouldn't want to put myself through it!

27th Apr 16 1:20 PM
Trickyuk
Posts 181
Quote:
I once went in a buggy as the bloke I was playing with had a dodgy leg, so he needed it in order to play at all, but I had to ask to get out after the first hole, as it felt so strange not to walk between shots. I can see the advantage on a really hot day, but I probably wouldn't want to put myself through it!

I rarely use one over here. Only 2-3 times but always use it in Spain when we go over. Late nights and hang overs from hell you need some help out there.

2nd Jun 16 8:28 AM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Tried something new yesterday evening - 18 holes with just a 6 iron and a putter, and really enjoyed the challenge. It was hard to get pars, so I only got a couple near to the end of the round, and there were some times when it was very difficult to be precise with short shots without a lofted club. It's a fast way of playing, too, with almost nothing to think about with club choice.

2nd Jun 16 8:42 AM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Tried something new yesterday evening - 18 holes with just a 6 iron and a putter, and really enjoyed the challenge. It was hard to get pars, so I only got a couple near to the end of the round, and there were some times when it was very difficult to be precise with short shots without a lofted club. It's a fast way of playing, too, with almost nothing to think about with club choice.

The annual 3 clubs and putter competiton I rarely do worse than I would normally do. Every time I play it I wonder why I bother with 14 clubs, but sure enough the next time I am out with a full set. Trick is to avoid bunkers in 3 clubs and a putter.

2nd Jun 16 8:58 AM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoopie
The annual 3 clubs and putter competiton I rarely do worse than I would normally do. Every time I play it I wonder why I bother with 14 clubs, but sure enough the next time I am out with a full set. Trick is to avoid bunkers in 3 clubs and a putter.

Yes, I have played a few of those, and sometimes scored better than normal.
Driver, 6 iron, and sand wedge for me.

As our course is hilly, and I carry my clubs, I normally just have eight or nine in the bag, saving a full set for comps, or if I play elsewhere (out comes the push trolley then!).

2nd Jun 16 1:08 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Yes, I have played a few of those, and sometimes scored better than normal.
Driver, 6 iron, and sand wedge for me.

As our course is hilly, and I carry my clubs, I normally just have eight or nine in the bag, saving a full set for comps, or if I play elsewhere (out comes the push trolley then!).

3 clubs and putter, I agree with driver, too many don't take that option. Just whack it then worry about it. I usually then go 7i and PW. I love my 56 deg club, but PW extra distance just wins it for me, but understand the SW option.

I always carry and always take a full set, I know which ever club I leave behind I am sure to need to hit more than any other.

Got a comp Saturday, so I'm off to hit some balls at the range. Got myself some new woods, driver is awesome, 3 wood is great, but not loving the new utility yet. Need to work on that relationship!

2nd Jun 16 1:39 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoopie
3 clubs and putter, I agree with driver, too many don't take that option. Just whack it then worry about it. I usually then go 7i and PW. I love my 56 deg club, but PW extra distance just wins it for me, but understand the SW option.

I always carry and always take a full set, I know which ever club I leave behind I am sure to need to hit more than any other.

Got a comp Saturday, so I'm off to hit some balls at the range. Got myself some new woods, driver is awesome, 3 wood is great, but not loving the new utility yet. Need to work on that relationship!

I go with driver principally so that at least some of the shots are played from familiar places. But as for taking eight or nine, it's good to try to hit 90% shots with clubs - remember Seve just starting out hitting everything with a 3 iron?

I've only recently bought a hybrid, after holding out for a long time. I might even try that on a single club challenge next time out. Good luck with learning to love yours.

2nd Jun 16 3:00 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
There's another version which is a team event. 3 players: one has a wood, another an iron and the 3rd a putter. Players take turns with their shots using the one club they have.

Always a laugh

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game