ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
« Prev1Next »
30th Apr 24 9:02 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,359
Brief hiatus, The Sauce on the vacancies list!
Due to IRL stuff (a long-distance move and new job), I'll be off IAG for a month or more. I also need to figure out how to re-energize my IAG managerial career, so I'll be starting with a new club when I come back.

That means my current club The Sauce, will be on the Vacancies list starting tomorrow. If anyone wants a club that was once an amazing club and is now a very good but not creamiest-of-the-crop club, look no further!

Cheers,
Jacob (Piper_FC)

30th Apr 24 9:54 PM
silkcut04
Posts 120
Quote:
Originally posted by Piper_FC
Due to IRL stuff (a long-distance move and new job), I'll be off IAG for a month or more. I also need to figure out how to re-energize my IAG managerial career, so I'll be starting with a new club when I come back.

That means my current club The Sauce, will be on the Vacancies list starting tomorrow. If anyone wants a club that was once an amazing club and is now a very good but not creamiest-of-the-crop club, look no further!

Cheers,
Jacob (Piper_FC)
Will be an interesting reset

30th Apr 24 10:07 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 289
Quote:

Cheers,
Jacob (Piper_FC)

I won't be moving but I'll keep an eye on it!

All the best for the move and new job, hope to see you back soon! Thanks for all the encouragement on my journey to 6501

1st May 24 8:23 PM
ironpsycho
Posts 118
Hope to see you back soon

1st May 24 8:54 PM
AndyP
Posts 26
Sounds exciting...Almost as exciting as starting a new team on IAG!
Good luck with everything

2nd May 24 3:22 AM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,359
Thanks all.

I'll see if I can give Runnymede a run for their money...or their mead?

2nd May 24 9:18 PM
silkcut04
Posts 120
Quote:
Originally posted by silkcut04
Will be an interesting reset

A 25 club manger gets the Sauce wonder what the reset gave

2nd May 24 9:37 PM
FootballManager
Posts 303
Quote:

Considering the club was the richest in the USA by at least two hundred million, have a look at the richest clubs list now

Either way, the opportunity to give Pleasant a run for his money couldn't be missed...considering last time I managed it was back in seasons 35 & 36 in Germany

3rd May 24 5:42 PM
Smug1
Posts 12
Quote:

Interesting that the number of previous clubs is deemed a factor in securing the position. I remember the debates from my first time in IAG about how the game should be played, build a club and make them the contender. Hope to break in to the established echelons and prove yourself that way, why can't it be seen as a success to build your managerial reputation to be the highest rated applicant that wanted the job?

After all, in real life, how many managers would pass up a top level club because they are committed to taking a club from the doldrums to being also rans? Fair play for giving it a go, IMO

3rd May 24 6:26 PM
Hollie
Posts 7
Quote:
Originally posted by Smug1
Interesting that the number of previous clubs is deemed a factor in securing the position. I remember the debates from my first time in IAG about how the game should be played, build a club and make them the contender. Hope to break in to the established echelons and prove yourself that way, why can't it be seen as a success to build your managerial reputation to be the highest rated applicant that wanted the job?

After all, in real life, how many managers would pass up a top level club because they are committed to taking a club from the doldrums to being also rans? Fair play for giving it a go, IMO

Its all down to peoples opinion, nothing is right or wrong. Personally I see FootballManager as a rubbish manager anyone can go from club to club spending all their money on the best players then leave when the going gets tough.

Rinse and repeat.

If he stays for longer than two seasons and actually improves the club in a sustainable way then my opinion might change.

Like I say there is no right or wrong way to play this game. If he enjoys doing that, then all is good.

3rd May 24 7:37 PM
Smug1
Posts 12
Quote:
Originally posted by Hollie
Its all down to peoples opinion, nothing is right or wrong. Personally I see FootballManager as a rubbish manager anyone can go from club to club spending all their money on the best players then leave when the going gets tough.

Rinse and repeat.

If he stays for longer than two seasons and actually improves the club in a sustainable way then my opinion might change.

Like I say there is no right or wrong way to play this game. If he enjoys doing that, then all is good.

So Football Manager with nearly 1200 wins is rubbish?, Record could make him seem like the Jose Mourinho of IAG. I'd be alright with that, this is a management sim after all.

3rd May 24 9:21 PM
silkcut04
Posts 120
Quote:
Originally posted by Hollie

Rinse and repeat.

I am with you Hollie but Each to their Own

5th May 24 7:49 PM
jpjjpj
Posts 279
Quote:

Cheers,
Jacob (Piper_FC)

Good luck mate!
And Welcome back!
Be safe.

« Prev1Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game