ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
General Discussions
« Prev12Next »
20th Apr 19 8:04 AM
Bartmeteenc
Posts 567
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
My 23-man squad has 19 youth promotees in it, I've only had 1 rejection in the 9 seasons I've been here.

Edit: None of them are actually any good of course.

That's a really good promotion rate! What's your secret?! Or is the secret promoting no good players only?

20th Apr 19 11:10 AM
TopGun2
Posts 118
All I do is carefully choose the right moment to promote them. Maybe it works, maybe I'm just lucky, who knows?

20th Apr 19 1:28 PM
thewrongone
Posts 62
Agreed, I dont think anyone knows the secret.

I used to lose decent players but as my CR has got better I get a high rate of promotions.

One thing I?ve noticed is they never promote when my squad numbers are low, with a warning from the board.

It?s not what most of us thought early in the game but bigger squad improves the chances in my experience.

20th Apr 19 2:51 PM
Bartmeteenc
Posts 567
Quote:
All I do is carefully choose the right moment to promote them. Maybe it works, maybe I'm just lucky, who knows?

I wonder what a 'right moment' would be in your opinion. But I would understand if you do not want to reveal all your tricks!

Quote:
Originally posted by thewrongone
Agreed, I dont think anyone knows the secret.

I used to lose decent players but as my CR has got better I get a high rate of promotions.

One thing I?ve noticed is they never promote when my squad numbers are low, with a warning from the board.

It?s not what most of us thought early in the game but bigger squad improves the chances in my experience.

I could understand the logic of a club with a higher rating, i.e. a bigger club, would attract a youth player more than a club with a lower rating. If it is true that a smaller squad would lead to less promtion of youths then that would be really frustrating to the manger who really has to get more players in his team!

20th Apr 19 3:46 PM
TopGun2
Posts 118
My squad size was at 14 when I started promoting youths into it lol.

The general mantra has always been that you want youths in your academy for as long as possible, I apply that in a particular way though, I try to avoid letting them turn 18 for example.

22nd Apr 19 4:19 PM
PeppermintBoy
Posts 1,359
Quote:
My 23-man squad has 19 youth promotees in it, I've only had 1 rejection in the 9 seasons I've been here.

Edit: None of them are actually any good of course.

Them not being any good may be the key to your success.

Whenever I have been desperate to promote a youth, any youth, and I try a bad one, or I've scouted a good youth and I sacrifice a duff by trying a promotion, they always promote. Though when I try to promote a good one, I've got a much lower success rate.

In the previous revisions my best youth academy players never promoted. My best 2 or 3 never promoted, and the next best would probably get 1 in 3 or 4 through successfully.

I am lucky at the moment as my best youths, to date, have each promoted, but I have had a handful of youths decline.

22nd Apr 19 4:39 PM
Lovemaster2nd
Posts 326
Youths are the games future. (they should be anyway)
I, for one, wouldn't mind a 1 out of 3 ratio accepting...if they're half decent.
This should apply to all clubs whether you're the best, or the worst.
Some of the best players in the world(over the years) were discovered by so-called meaningless clubs.
Give us good youths, and see where it takes us!

22nd Apr 19 4:52 PM
Lovemaster2nd
Posts 326
Quote:
Originally posted by Lovemaster2nd
Youths are the games future. (they should be anyway)
I, for one, wouldn't mind a 1 out of 3 ratio accepting...if they're half decent.
This should apply to all clubs whether you're the best, or the worst.
Some of the best players in the world(over the years) were discovered by so-called meaningless clubs.
Give us good youths, and see where it takes us!
I know i'm sick of squandering cash on youths, as it is.

22nd Apr 19 5:37 PM
thewrongone
Posts 62
Quote:
Originally posted by PeppermintBoy
Them not being any good may be the key to your success.

Whenever I have been desperate to promote a youth, any youth, and I try a bad one, or I've scouted a good youth and I sacrifice a duff by trying a promotion, they always promote. Though when I try to promote a good one, I've got a much lower success rate.

In the previous revisions my best youth academy players never promoted. My best 2 or 3 never promoted, and the next best would probably get 1 in 3 or 4 through successfully.

I am lucky at the moment as my best youths, to date, have each promoted, but I have had a handful of youths decline.

I have no idea of the correct formula so I just promote with 1 day left. I know theyre unlikely to promote if theyve only been there less than 1 season.

However I was lucky in my other team with a 17 year old who turned 18 3 days after joining. He accepted and had lowest FA of 57.

Also I have noticed the quality of youths are better now. Could it be higher CR?

I rarely see any good youths scouted so I just take what looks best but when they promote they seem to be decent quality. Better than their youth rating suggests.

22nd Apr 19 6:24 PM
Lovemaster
Posts 620
Quote:
Originally posted by thewrongone
I have no idea of the correct formula so I just promote with 1 day left. I know theyre unlikely to promote if theyve only been there less than 1 season.

However I was lucky in my other team with a 17 year old who turned 18 3 days after joining. He accepted and had lowest FA of 57.

Also I have noticed the quality of youths are better now. Could it be higher CR?

I rarely see any good youths scouted so I just take what looks best but when they promote they seem to be decent quality. Better than their youth rating suggests.
You must have punted a few players then.
I sold a keeper for 11M because his stats looked good. (still feel kinda guilty, but letting off a little steam now)He was maxed out, or thereabouts.
Still, he looked good as a young keeper.(stats-wise)
Don't try and kid a kidder.

22nd Apr 19 6:29 PM
Lovemaster
Posts 620
Quote:
Originally posted by Lovemaster
I sold a keeper for 11M because his stats looked good. (still feel kinda guilty, but letting off a little steam now)He was maxed out, or thereabouts.
He doesn't get a game btw.

22nd Apr 19 6:50 PM
Lovemaster
Posts 620
How many managers out there who have bought a youth player they are happy with?

22nd Apr 19 6:52 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 3,805
Quote:
How many managers out there who have bought a youth player they are happy with?

I have. But then I knew what I was getting...

22nd Apr 19 7:08 PM
Lovemaster
Posts 620
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
I have. But then I knew what I was getting...
Maybe you do! but what about the rest?
It's only 'fools gold'
Maybe one day, the most important part of the game will be addressed.

22nd Apr 19 7:19 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 3,805
Quote:
Maybe you do! but what about the rest?
It's only 'fools gold'
Maybe one day, the most important part of the game will be addressed.

Don't misunderstand me so fast LM.

I wanted a low value, low potential ex youth and that's what I got and was happy with.

Perhaps, one day the youth system will be addressed. I wouldn't necessarily call the most important aspect of the game. Other areas are just as 'important'.

22nd Apr 19 8:32 PM
Lovemaster
Posts 620
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Don't misunderstand me so fast LM.

I wanted a low value, low potential ex youth and that's what I got and was happy with.

Perhaps, one day the youth system will be addressed. I wouldn't necessarily call the most important aspect of the game. Other areas are just as 'important'.
I would call it one of the most important, hey, that's just me though!

22nd Apr 19 10:16 PM
thewrongone
Posts 62
Quote:

Who is the kidder? Me?

Youve lost me!

I?ve sold youths for 8m and 5m this season.

Ive got 2 youth defenders that I?m happy with and a youth DM in my team.

I see 50-60 rated youths as an improvement but like I said I dont know if it?s due to game development or improved CR.

« Prev12Next »

Copyright © 2019 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game