ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
« Prev1Next »
13th Apr 24 7:26 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 227
Original IAG Game - pre-reset
It was 20 years ago round about now, that I first started playing It's A Goal.

From what I remember, there were several hundred leagues and you could have more than one team as long as it wasn't in the same league (I think I ended up with five teams).

I remember there were a lot of quality players & I think there may have been free players too. It was a little too easy to get to the top of your league in general, so when the game was given a make-over, it became more challenging.

The leagues were given names. I was in Axe, which later became Axis when Axe merged with Anubis.

What do you remember of the original game? It might jog my memory... haha.

13th Apr 24 8:18 PM
Rustyjack
Posts 36
Leagues were Hammer, Neon, Trapdoor, Hermes, Anubis, Python, Minerva, Discus, Fortress, Aqua, Tigershark, Tornado, Axe, Copper, Cyclone, Aristotle, Eros, Manta.

13th Apr 24 10:00 PM
stripey
Posts 6,155
I remember in the original game that it was dead easy to negotiate a contract. All you had to do was keep in increasing your offer by one until he accepted, and you could achieve it all on the same day.

13th Apr 24 11:31 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Originally posted by Rustyjack
Leagues were Hammer, Neon, Trapdoor, Hermes, Anubis, Python, Minerva, Discus, Fortress, Aqua, Tigershark, Tornado, Axe, Copper, Cyclone, Aristotle, Eros, Manta.

You've got 18 right there Rusty but there were 22 leagues in the original IAG2 split into 2 databases

13th Apr 24 11:32 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
I remember in the original game that it was dead easy to negotiate a contract. All you had to do was keep in increasing your offer by one until he accepted, and you could achieve it all on the same day.

That was IAG1 was it not?

14th Apr 24 11:41 AM
roland68
Posts 980
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
You've got 18 right there Rusty but there were 22 leagues in the original IAG2 split into 2 databases

Cannon? Neptune?

14th Apr 24 4:57 PM
rambocat_2nd
Posts 15
i remember when i joined iag1. it was around christmas 2001 and it was just finishing up season 4. i joined in division 324.
i had a rival who had a couple teams in same division. it was "yus mafia" or something. long time ago, cant be 100% on the name.

14th Apr 24 5:33 PM
stripey
Posts 6,155
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
That was IAG1 was it not?
Yes. I thought that was what BlueBoar was referring to.

14th Apr 24 6:18 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
Cannon? Neptune?

Cannon, yes (the very first league created in DB1)

Neptune, no

14th Apr 24 6:23 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Originally posted by rambocat_2nd
i remember when i joined iag1. it was around christmas 2001 and it was just finishing up season 4. i joined in division 324.
i had a rival who had a couple teams in same division. it was "yus mafia" or something. long time ago, cant be 100% on the name.

Yes, there were no leagues in IAG1 just about 500 (in the end) divisions in a ladder syatem.

There was a 'one manager, one team' rule in at the start but when IAG2 was being developed, IAG1 went unmoderated. I had 5 teams by the time it was switched off.

15th Apr 24 2:37 PM
leamark
Posts 166
I was in league 300 and something in the original IAG
It was easy to win a league, but would have taken me 15 years to reach the top! Hence, was very relieved to have the new IAG and ended up in Fortress

I did love the free transfers you occasionally got in the original though.

15th Apr 24 5:49 PM
stripey
Posts 6,155
Quote:
Originally posted by leamark
I was in league 300 and something in the original IAG
It was easy to win a league, but would have taken me 15 years to reach the top! Hence, was very relieved to have the new IAG and ended up in Fortress

I did love the free transfers you occasionally got in the original though.
I remember calculating the same sort of time span as that. However, I stuck around in IAG1 until it stopped, and right near the end managed to move to Division 2 from about 187.

« Prev1Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game