ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
« Prev1Next »
4th Apr 24 6:31 PM
rambocat_2nd
Posts 15
transfer dilema
so i bid on a player who closes bidding today and in negotiation. this player could be very useful for my squad.
the thing is due to a typo i offered way more than i intended. i cannot lower the bid, as you know.

i want the player and can afford what i bid. im going to leave my bid.

but im just curious how others would or have handled a similar scenario.
thanks

4th Apr 24 6:46 PM
stripey_2nd
Posts 281
I'd have put the kettle on!

4th Apr 24 9:00 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 282
Obviously depends on the magnitude of the error but as you say "way" more and given your description that he "may" be useful (i.e., he's not going to be your team's top player by a mile) I'd be tempted to pull out. You're also (well) under the 100M value threshold so every million has an impact on your rating.

That's just me though

4th Apr 24 9:06 PM
rambocat
Posts 406
i got the player btw (2nd account).

i meant to offer 4.5m but somehow a 1 got in there and i spent 14.5m. but maybe i would not have been able to sign him with my intended bid, who knows.

4th Apr 24 9:20 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 282
14.5M instead of 4.5M I would definitely have pulled out of that!

Guevara, right? I hope he revolutionises your defence for that price

4th Apr 24 9:26 PM
rambocat_2nd
Posts 15
yep guevara
its my 2nd account so it doesnt matter as much.

5th Apr 24 7:40 AM
porkpie_2nd
Posts 22
Quote:
Originally posted by rambocat
i got the player btw (2nd account).

i meant to offer 4.5m but somehow a 1 got in there and i spent 14.5m. but maybe i would not have been able to sign him with my intended bid, who knows.

It would be interesting to know what the other bids were.

5th Apr 24 8:26 AM
rambocat_2nd
Posts 15
Quote:
Originally posted by porkpie_2nd
It would be interesting to know what the other bids were.

agreed. i wonder if the selling manager will see this and hopefully enlighten us, if they remember.

5th Apr 24 10:29 AM
chyperhondriac
Posts 282
I did recently up my bid quite significantly for a player that I really wanted. After I'd got him I asked the seller how far ahead I was of second - turns out it was about 7M and my initial bid would have still done it. However, I was keen on him and paid about the same for another very similar player in the past so I wasn't that upset.

If you want to talk about overpaying, compare how much my two top goalkeepers cost me!

« Prev1Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game