ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Bugs & Site Issues
« Prev1234Next »
21st Aug 18 4:33 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
subs -
I had a substitution set in todays match.

70 minutes - player off - Scriven - player on - AUTO -

Ok so I didnt set what player I wanted to replace him, but as its set to AUTO I wouldve thought it wouldve picked a player, any player of my subs off the bench?

I havent got a problem and wasnt sure if I should even post this in the bugs section, but just wondered if anyone knows why just any player on the bench wasnt picked to come on for Scriven?

What would happen if I set it as -

70 minutes - player off - AUTO - player on - Scriven -

I will try it, but if that works why doesnt the former?

21st Aug 18 4:42 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
I'll bet you had a player named as sub originally but for whatever reason that named sub didn't actually make the final bench.

So you had a blank space instead of a named sub / auto and the game couldn't follow any instruction.

21st Aug 18 4:51 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Yeah when I was looking at the match feed, I said in local forum to Colins that I was sure Id set a sub for 70 minutes. And ofc you can only select a player that has been confirmed on the bench in team selection, so I mustve selected a player to come on.

I had a full bench so no one was missing that I hadnt already selected if that makes sense? I know what you mean, Id selected a player to come on and he had got injured or red carded previously, so couldnt have been brought on, but I had a full complement for the match, and just checking all subs were available.

So what you have mentioned couldnt have happened.

But even though I hadnt selected someone, with all other criteria met, shouldnt a sub have been made anyway as it was set to AUTO?

21st Aug 18 4:56 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Quote:
Originally posted by scotty1962
Yeah when I was looking at the match feed, I said in local forum to Colins that I was sure Id set a sub for 70 minutes. And ofc you can only select a player that has been confirmed on the bench in team selection, so I mustve selected a player to come on.*I didnt so the rest of my comment now makes sense.

I had a full bench so no one was missing that I hadnt already selected if that makes sense? I know what you mean, Id selected a player to come on and he had got injured or red carded previously, so couldnt have been brought on, but I had a full complement for the match, and just checking all subs were available.

So what you have mentioned couldnt have happened.

But even though I hadnt selected someone, with all other criteria met, shouldnt a sub have been made anyway as it was set to AUTO?

21st Aug 18 4:59 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
It wasn't set to Auto though. It was set to a player who wasn't on the bench so it was a blank space. So the substitution couldn't and didn't happen.

21st Aug 18 5:04 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
It wasn't set to Auto though. It was set to a player who wasn't on the bench so it was a blank space. So the substitution couldn't and didn't happen.

Correction: it does revert to 'auto' when removing a named sub from the bench.

Hmm...will have to ponder further...

21st Aug 18 5:10 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
lol!

I was gunna say!!

I know what you mean, but I couldve only named a player as sub if he is confirmed in the team selection. And if he wasnt able to make the subs bench [injury/ban] then I wouldve only had 4 subs in the game.

I mustve accidentally just left it blank [even though I did think I had put a player that was set on the subs bench in]. So it mustve been left set to AUTO. With 5 subs on my bench no-one was missing that couldve previously been selected but then not made the bench.

[bloody hell my head hurts!]

22nd Aug 18 9:47 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Have you made any changes to your subs since your last league match Scotty?

22nd Aug 18 10:13 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Correction: it does revert to 'auto' when removing a named sub from the bench.

Hmm...will have to ponder further...

Thinking about this...If you haven't pressed 'save' then what I described earlier about a blank space (albeit showing as 'auto') will still apply.

I think anyway...

22nd Aug 18 3:43 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac

Id have to check. Im gunna leave it as it is and see what happens in my next league match.

Quote:
Thinking about this...If you haven't pressed 'save' then what I described earlier about a blank space (albeit showing as 'auto') will still apply.

I think anyway...

It mustve saved because after the match I played against Collins, I clicked on subs/set pieces for the next match and there it was --

on 70 minutes - sub off - Scriven - bring on - AUTO -

At the end of the day, the 5 subs were set for the game, the substitution I have described was set, nothing happened.

Its probably not a bug, maybe you HAVE TO pick a player from the subs bench [named] instead of leaving it as - AUTO -

??

22nd Aug 18 3:48 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
I cant do it with Scriven as I am not playing him, so Ive set and saved this -

on 70 minutes sub off - Medrea [strker] - and bring on - AUTO -

22nd Aug 18 3:53 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac

The only difference in the sub from the game BEFORE i played Collins was Scriven himself was on the bench and came on on 70 minutes, my main striker had a red card ban for Collins match so I put Scrivens in upfront and added a player to the subs bench so that shouldnt have made a difference to the following game aginst Collins.

As Scrivens, in the Collins game was the player coming off and set as Ive said above.

22nd Aug 18 3:58 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Id have to check. Im gunna leave it as it is and see what happens in my next league match.

It mustve saved because after the match I played against Collins, I clicked on subs/set pieces for the next match and there it was --

on 70 minutes - sub off - Scriven - bring on - AUTO -

At the end of the day, the 5 subs were set for the game, the substitution I have described was set, nothing happened.

Its probably not a bug, maybe you HAVE TO pick a player from the subs bench [named] instead of leaving it as - AUTO -

??

The point I was trying to make is, once the player who was named as sub was removed (injured, suspended or whatever) you'd have to click 'save again when it displayed as 'auto'. Otherwise the 'change' from the original sub to 'auto' will not be saved and the game will still have in its memory the named player.

When the time comes to make the sub it thinks 'Eh up there, the player he wants on as a sub isn't listed anymore, nor has he saved an 'auto' option so there's nothing I can do.'

22nd Aug 18 4:10 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Quote:
The point I was trying to make is, once the player who was named as sub was removed (injured, suspended or whatever) you'd have to click 'save again when it displayed as 'auto'. Otherwise the 'change' from the original sub to 'auto' will not be saved and the game will still have in its memory the named player.

When the time comes to make the sub it thinks 'Eh up there, the player he wants on as a sub isn't listed anymore, nor has he saved an 'auto' option so there's nothing I can do.'

PS I get what you're saying, BUT, from the previous game the sub was Scriven himself coming on, I wouldnt change my team around that much. After that match, the one I played Collins [Devils Gate] I picked my team, and noticed my main striker had received a match ban [ I would never set him to be subbed anyway as he is my main striker] so there was an empty slot in my 4-4-2 striker spot, so I moved Scriven of the bench, I put a new player on the bench, saved team selection obviously, and then SET as the sub in the next match [Collins] for Scriven to be subbed on 70 minutes, I thought I had named a sub [Mirza I think] but I mustve just saved it and left it as - AUTO -

I know for a fact that I had saved that selection, because AFTER the Collins match, I went straight into subs/set pieces for the next league game and there it was -

70 mins Scriven off sub on AUTO -

If I hadnt have saved it for Collins match then it wouldnt have been set for the next match.

By the way, I didnt realize the Match Engine was a Yorkshire man?

22nd Aug 18 4:22 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Well if you definitely saved 'auto' before the match with colins I've no idea...

22nd Aug 18 4:31 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Quote:
Well if you definitely saved 'auto' before the match with colins I've no idea...

Like I say, Ive got Medrea as being subbed off on 70 minutes for - AUTO - in my match tomorrow, let us see what happens.

22nd Aug 18 4:37 PM
colins70
Posts 335
What happens if you set this;

70 minutes (do it anyway) player off AUTO player on AUTO?

Oh and leave your bench empty on purpose.

22nd Aug 18 4:50 PM
colins70
Posts 335
Quote:
Like I say, Ive got Medrea as being subbed off on 70 minutes for - AUTO - in my match tomorrow, let us see what happens.

Scotty i am trying something tomorrow as playing ace of spades with little chance of winning.

70 minutes player auto off then player auto on
70 mins Rios off then Auto player on
70 mins player auto off then Daicho on

i have only named one sub (daicho) we shall see what happens.

22nd Aug 18 6:10 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Quote:
Originally posted by colins70
What happens if you set this;

70 minutes (do it anyway) player off AUTO player on AUTO?

Oh and leave your bench empty on purpose.

I would imagine nothing..?

Quote:
Originally posted by colins70
Scotty i am trying something tomorrow as playing ace of spades with little chance of winning.

70 minutes player auto off then player auto on
70 mins Rios off then Auto player on
70 mins player auto off then Daicho on

i have only named one sub (daicho) we shall see what happens.

If anything and there must be a set order, 1st one, nothing, ME goes to next best thing 2nd one, Rios off Daicho on, or nothing, 3rd one one of the eleven off and Daicho on, or nothing lol

Or the ME will explode into a million and one pieces and will flip you the bird, walk off and go get a cup of Yorkshire tea!!!!

Should be interesting though!

22nd Aug 18 6:18 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:

The match after can you try this please:

1. Name a player as sub in team selection.
2. Under subs and set pieces bring that player on for anyone at any time you choose. Click save
3. In team selection, remove that player from the subs list
4. Do nothing else,

Let's see if any old player is brought on because it should be set to 'auto' (But of course you haven't saved anything after step 2.

Ta

« Prev1234Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game