ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
5th Sep 15 12:29 PM
weejordy97
Posts 367
Quote:
Originally posted by armchairwhite
Hi, I'm new. A Leeds fan who saw the game mentioned in a post on Waccoe and thought I'd give it a whirl.

Having a bit of beginners luck, currently top of table with 15pts from 7 games. Although with games today & tomorrow against the teams in 4th & 3rd (both of whom seem stronger than me) that may change quickly.

Still figuring things out. Just starting to see some players suffering from not getting games and I don't know how to set up reserve matches for them, and I don't think I'm seeing many improvements from training yet, so I may need to work on that. The other aspect I'm still getting to grips with is recruitment, both players and staff. Have bids in, but yet to see if they've been successful.

First of all, hi and welcome!

It is difficult to manage all your players' match fitness, especially the players who you wouldn't play in a competitive match, which is why reserve matches are so important. I would suggest creating a thread under the "Reserve Matches" section and then all you need to do is wait on someone to send you an invite, which you can then accept.

As regards training, just try different things out. Don't just try to improve the player rating, but think about what specific attributes would be most important for different types of players. The link to "What's under the squad tab?" in the help files gives an overview of what training improves certain skills. Keep this in mind when selecting training.

Personally, I'm finding it difficult to find the right players to bring into the club. All the best players will have lots of bids and be quite expensive so then you have to weigh up the positives against the negatives. I'm holding off at the moment hoping that the transfer market will become more stable and I also want to give my existing players a chance to improve and then I can better evaluate which players I don't want and if I need players to replace them etc. There's no need to rush, this is a long-term game!

Hope that helps a little but after all, you have your own team and ultimately every decision lies with you. Good luck!

6th Sep 15 3:50 PM
camescu
Posts 167
Hi, I'm also new to the game. Kinda hoping the game allows for youth development as a viable option for squad development, even though this is a long term plan rather than a quick fix.

6th Sep 15 3:53 PM
MisterE
Posts 27
Quote:
Originally posted by camescu
Hi, I'm also new to the game. Kinda hoping the game allows for youth development as a viable option for squad development, even though this is a long term plan rather than a quick fix.
Yes it does, but it will require much thought and attention and probably significant expense before it bears any worthwhile fruit. That said, some managers managed to run profitable youth teams in the first iteration of IAG2.

6th Sep 15 3:58 PM
camescu
Posts 167
Quote:
Originally posted by MisterE
Yes it does, but it will require much thought and attention and probably significant expense before it bears any worthwhile fruit. That said, some managers managed to run profitable youth teams in the first iteration of IAG2.

That's cool. I'm a patient man so happy to wait for that to come good.

18th Sep 15 6:35 PM
klesh
Posts 1
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
If so, welcome!
Please introduce yourself on here, so that the Itsagoal Community can get to know you. Best of luck!
hey guys am lost here,actually a friend of mine (davidmike) from nigeria league invited me here,but instead of being in nigeria league,i heard a big BOOM!!!am here.why?have any of you heard from her?or any name like that here?

18th Sep 15 9:39 PM
thewrongone
Posts 50
Quote:
Originally posted by klesh
hey guys am lost here,actually a friend of mine (davidmike) from nigeria league invited me here,but instead of being in nigeria league,i heard a big BOOM!!!am here.why?have any of you heard from her?or any name like that here?

Read the Help files and it will tell you how many days until you can apply for a team in her league.

You will find Vacancies under the Managers Office tab

18th Sep 15 9:59 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by klesh

If she invited you here, then why can't you find her?

19th Sep 15 8:22 PM
davidmike
Posts 222
Quote:
i've seen the guy lol.he means no offence mate's.his

19th Sep 15 8:24 PM
davidmike
Posts 222
Quote:
his a novice lolzzz

1st Dec 15 10:56 AM
dmcc1
Posts 12
Hi everyone

Joined on Sunday. Don't think I could have got a worse team lol.

1st Dec 15 11:02 AM
mitchell
Posts 481
Quote:
Originally posted by dmcc1
Hi everyone

Welcome to the game. You can always apply for a new club on the vacancy list once you've been at your existing team for a minimum time but actually you have quite a few good players at your club. They are untrained but you have at least 6 or 7 very good players there once you've trained them up. At least there's only one way you're going to take your club, you can't fail but improve their club rating!

1st Dec 15 11:05 AM
calvino_spark
Posts 328
Quote:
Hi everyone

Welcome to the game. I hope you enjoy your time here.

I took a quick look at your team and I'd say it's got the potential to be a good team. You'll have some very nice players once you train them up a bit. The main negative is that the strikers don't seem great.

1st Dec 15 11:06 AM
BerryStraw
Posts 264
Quote:
Hi everyone

Excellent timing to sign up, you have two weeks to get a bit of a grip and then a fresh season will start.

Welcome to the game!

1st Dec 15 4:28 PM
dmcc1
Posts 12
Thanks for the heads up on my team. I think I can see why you say I have some potentially good players. I'll stay with this team for next season and see what happens. As you said they can't get any worse.

1st Dec 15 5:22 PM
calezy8
Posts 188
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up on my team. I think I can see why you say I have some potentially good players. I'll stay with this team for next season and see what happens. As you said they can't get any worse.

Yeah mate, you've got a very nice team there, but your focus next season should be based on recruiting new stricker.
Goodluck.

19th Dec 15 1:28 AM
zfreez
Posts 15
hi all
new but old, old but its new

been here before ,had no idea what I was doing the first time *cough* still dont

19th Dec 15 8:27 AM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by zfreez
hi all

been here before ,had no idea what I was doing the first time *cough* still dont

Welcome back, zfreez, and best of luck this time round!

19th Dec 15 2:30 PM
Kejeas
Posts 725
Quote:
Originally posted by zfreez
hi all

You're not the only one, I'm still clueless

Welcome back and good luck.

21st May 16 12:41 PM
Palladini
Posts 1
Hello!

I am Palladini. Is there someone who can help/guide me with the game?

Thanks in advance

21st May 16 1:22 PM
pahawkfan
Posts 18
Quote:
Originally posted by Palladini
Hello!

I am Palladini. Is there someone who can help/guide me with the game?

Thanks in advance

Welcome! More or less anyone will help you. A good place to start is to read through all of the sections under the "HELP" tab.

You can also learn a lot by reading forum posts.

Finally, for specific questions you can either send a pm to another manager or post a question in a forum post.

Good luck!

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game