ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop
   

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
General Discussions
« Prev123Next »
16th May 16 8:04 PM
IAG_moderator
Posts 12
Managers' Development Discussion Thread - Finances
This is one of a group of threads inviting discussion from all managers about the proposals for developing various parts of Itsagoal.

It is important to realize that although each of the proposals has been formulated after much thought and discussion, none of them is set in stone. The members of the Think Tank have done their best to consider topics from all angles, but do not claim to have thought of absolutely everything.

This is therefore the chance for everyone to get involved with discussion. Please therefore read through the proposals, and make your comments.

For this process to be both useful and manageable, please do not stray from the topic being discussed. Threads will be closely moderated to keep them relevant.

We expect there to be differences of opinion, and would encourage all managers to engage in positive discussion. In the end, Itsagoal is Ron's game, and he will make the final decisions, but we want to hear from you first!


...........................................................................................................................

Finances


Finances will be adjusted as changes to the other elements of the game are made.
Its not really appropriate to discuss what those changes are likely to be, indeed there are likely to be ongoing adjustments until we reach the right balance.

We will wherever possible advise managers in advance to allow for planning etc.

Please feel free to add any comment you might have regarding game finances; your views are welcome.
 
16th May 16 11:41 PM
Jija
Posts 76
For me, you've hit the nail on the head by saying "We will wherever possible advise managers in advance to allow for planning etc.". It's clear that forward thinking and future planning is important in this game, so constant "tweaks" to the finance system may have significant impacts on managerial planning. So as long as there's appropriate notice, I think this is ok. Although the "wherever possible" does worry me a little bit, as it allows for changes to be made without notice.
 
17th May 16 10:09 AM
Aussie_Manager
Posts 76
Will we be able to transfer Avail. funds into an off shore account
 
17th May 16 10:13 AM
ozzymac
Posts 3,080
Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie_Manager
Will we be able to transfer Avail. funds into an off shore account


Doesn't half of Sydney do that already? Auckland is off shore
 
17th May 16 10:20 AM
Aussie_Manager
Posts 76
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
Doesn't half of Sydney do that already? Auckland is off shore


 
17th May 16 10:27 AM
Aussie_Manager
Posts 76
My favourite part of IAG1 was actually the advertising, so I really hope that comes back, also can we get with the times and be able to sell naming rights to our stadium, just doesn't feel right being in the MLS and not playing at Mcfriedpizza Dome.
 
17th May 16 4:47 PM
taoheedovic
Posts 41
i think we should be able to loan money
 
17th May 16 9:58 PM
mackfishy
Posts 56
Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie_Manager
My favourite part of IAG1 was actually the advertising, so I really hope that comes back, also can we get with the times and be able to sell naming rights to our stadium, just doesn't feel right being in the MLS and not playing at Mcfriedpizza Dome.


It was a gtreat feature

Would you like 250k for 6 weeks or 200k for 15 weeks
 
17th May 16 11:33 PM
Smiler
Posts 123
Well that's informative.
 
18th May 16 10:01 AM
ozzymac
Posts 3,080
Quote:
Originally posted by Smiler
Well that's informative.


What it means is that we have the means to adjust things as needed rather than have things set in stone.

for example...

PA fees
Transfer fees
Prize money
Players wages
Stadium costs
YA costs

etc.
 
18th May 16 3:06 PM
Ryan1uk
Posts 360
Quote:
Originally posted by Smiler
Well that's informative.


I do love your posts Smiler
 
19th Jul 16 10:34 PM
cauliflower
Posts 16
where do i find info about end of season taxation
 
19th Jul 16 10:51 PM
stripey
Posts 2,905
Quote:
Originally posted by cauliflower
where do i find info about end of season taxation


Try here.
 
12th Feb 17 9:23 PM
luckymarine
Posts 5
Wait, so if I take over a club, know that I have poor staff, realise I cant get the most out of the players I have and probably wont for the forseeable future. Decide to sell the gems off whilst they have some sort of value to bring in players of my own leagues level.

I'll probably lose upwards of 40% on the money in my bank, the money I'm saving till I can get my club on its feet?

I you want to implement a stealth tax into the game to stop the big clubs getting so big quite so fast then go down the route of scaling agent fees. Let buying clubs soak up this cost, don't punish the financial minded with long term plans.
 
12th Feb 17 9:31 PM
mitchell
Posts 528
Quote:
Originally posted by luckymarine

I'll probably lose upwards of 40% on the money in my bank, the money I'm saving till I can get my club on its feet?.


You'll never lose 'upwards' of 40% as 40% is the highest marginal rate. For the first 10m profit you'll only pay a total of 1.3m, only anything above 10m will then attract 40% tax so once you take into account the lower level players being brought in to replace the valuable sales it's very unlikely you'll see dramatic amounts of tax.
 
12th Feb 17 11:13 PM
DJ88RUL
Posts 68
Quote:
Originally posted by luckymarine
Wait, so if I take over a club, know that I have poor staff, realise I cant get the most out of the players I have and probably wont for the forseeable future. Decide to sell the gems off whilst they have some sort of value to bring in players of my own leagues level.

I'll probably lose upwards of 40% on the money in my bank, the money I'm saving till I can get my club on its feet?

I you want to implement a stealth tax into the game to stop the big clubs getting so big quite so fast then go down the route of scaling agent fees. Let buying clubs soak up this cost, don't punish the financial minded with long term plans.

Just wondering what your profit looks like after you've sold another 2 players for crazy money yesterday....may I ask?

The example used for the income tax shows that you lose 2,1m if you have a profit of 12m. Your team is at least double that amount (more like 3 times that amount).

Maybe you should invest some of it in building a bigger stadium. At least your money stays with you not with the tax man
 
14th Feb 17 7:59 PM
luckymarine
Posts 5
Quote:
Originally posted by DJ88RUL
Just wondering what your profit looks like after you've sold another 2 players for crazy money yesterday....may I ask?

The example used for the income tax shows that you lose 2,1m if you have a profit of 12m. Your team is at least double that amount (more like 3 times that amount).

Maybe you should invest some of it in building a bigger stadium. At least your money stays with you not with the tax man


48.5m profit this season, so whats that about 16m taken out of my bank at the end of the season because I might grow too big...

Money earmarked for the future, money I thought would be safe, doesn't really promote good financial management of your club. Any money you bring in you better spend or we'll take it.

Looks like a new stadium it is, more likely to knock it on the head tbh, the game had changed and not exactly for the best.
 
14th Feb 17 10:06 PM
cauliflower
Posts 16
Quote:
Originally posted by luckymarine
48.5m profit this season, so whats that about 16m taken out of my bank at the end of the season because I might grow too big...

Money earmarked for the future, money I thought would be safe, doesn't really promote good financial management of your club. Any money you bring in you better spend or we'll take it.

Looks like a new stadium it is, more likely to knock it on the head tbh, the game had changed and not exactly for the best.


i would'nt build a new stadium if i was you because when you question another aspect of the game in about 2 or three seasons time you will only be accused of being a bad manager because you built a stadium you did not need, so because you done that to avoid paying tax, in their eyes any other point you want to make will be floored.

If you spend say 22 million on a new stadium, 2 stands is all you can build at any 1 time, and you wont have the time this season to build anymore soyou will still have 28 million profit left, and you will still lose 40%, so you will still lose 10 million.

The taxation rule was brought in to plug the gap from the super clubs getting to rich and dominant and it was never thought of that smaller clubs would suffer too. This is what the super clubs call fair and as long as it suits them then its ok
 
15th Feb 17 9:49 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,284
Quote:
Originally posted by luckymarine
48.5m profit this season, so whats that about 16m taken out of my bank at the end of the season because I might grow too big...

Money earmarked for the future, money I thought would be safe, doesn't really promote good financial management of your club. Any money you bring in you better spend or we'll take it.

Looks like a new stadium it is, more likely to knock it on the head tbh, the game had changed and not exactly for the best.


What you shouldve done, is staggered the players you sold.

I did it last season..and the season before. I sold one player for 10 mill odd, and another for so much, but still avoided tax. And then waited for the start of the following season to sell another player for 10+ mill. I aslo added a small amount to my stadium...of which Il move on to next with what Flower has said. But back to you, you shouldve just staggered things. And no, thats not me spinning anything, its just simple maths...and...can I say this out loud..? TAX AVOIDANCE !!




Quote:
Originally posted by cauliflower
i would'nt build a new stadium if i was you because when you question another aspect of the game in about 2 or three seasons time you will only be accused of being a bad manager because you built a stadium you did not need, so because you done that to avoid paying tax, in their eyes any other point you want to make will be floored.

If you spend say 22 million on a new stadium, 2 stands is all you can build at any 1 time, and you wont have the time this season to build anymore soyou will still have 28 million profit left, and you will still lose 40%, so you will still lose 10 million.

The taxation rule was brought in to plug the gap from the super clubs getting to rich and dominant and it was never thought of that smaller clubs would suffer too. This is what the super clubs call fair and as long as it suits them then its ok


You bulit like a lunatic Cauliflower, and your TP's are just 13 creds. You have failed quite simply in that part, of this game. And thats not spin, or whatever you want to call, its just a simple failure on your part. We couldve all fell into it, but some didnt.

I have a 10k stadium, my TP is 32. Again, Im not being derogatory, but in any game, on any platform, some users just perform better than others. In regards to this, I play a 'few' online games, including some great wargaming games. I can very easily say, for a FACT! That I have epically failed in some areas of some games, and its cost me, say another 10 THOUSAND battles/games to sort the mistake out, yet for others, who were better than me in those areas, only had to play 2k battles, so although time-consuming for me to readjust what I did wrong in the early stages [we ALL, in this game, started...well at the start...] in that game I'm talking about [not this one] it took me some time to readjust and get back on level, that was MY fault, NOT the fellow users fault. Nor was it the games creators fault either, but quite simply mine.

You seem to keep blaming the game for everything, and ok, there are issues, but why have some achieved and others haven't?

To put it simply, some users are just better at it than others.



 
15th Feb 17 10:18 PM
cauliflower
Posts 16
Quote:
Originally posted by scotty1962
What you shouldve done, is staggered the players you sold.

I did it last season..and the season before. I sold one player for 10 mill odd, and another for so much, but still avoided tax. And then waited for the start of the following season to sell another player for 10+ mill. I aslo added a small amount to my stadium...of which Il move on to next with what Flower has said. But back to you, you shouldve just staggered things. And no, thats not me spinning anything, its just simple maths...and...can I say this out loud..? TAX AVOIDANCE !!






You bulit like a lunatic Cauliflower, and your TP's are just 13 creds. You have failed quite simply in that part, of this game. And thats not spin, or whatever you want to call, its just a simple failure on your part. We couldve all fell into it, but some didnt.

I have a 10k stadium, my TP is 32. Again, Im not being derogatory, but in any game, on any platform, some users just perform better than others. In regards to this, I play a 'few' online games, including some great wargaming games. I can very easily say, for a FACT! That I have epically failed in some areas of some games, and its cost me, say another 10 THOUSAND battles/games to sort the mistake out, yet for others, who were better than me in those areas, only had to play 2k battles, so although time-consuming for me to readjust what I did wrong in the early stages [we ALL, in this game, started...well at the start...] in that game I'm talking about [not this one] it took me some time to readjust and get back on level, that was MY fault, NOT the fellow users fault. Nor was it the games creators fault either, but quite simply mine.

You seem to keep blaming the game for everything, and ok, there are issues, but why have some achieved and others haven't?

To put it simply, some users are just better at it than others.






If you read my entire threads i do not apportion blame to the game, i accuse you guys of overprotecting the game. It is the same 15/20 players that brought in the game changes so you guys are at fault. That is simple. Your argument falls on deaf ears as i am saying to people to not blame Ron but blame the spin doctors group or as i used to say the mob.

The changes, the excuses, the reasons for the rubbish transfer system, the youth set ups and many other game modes were all and are all from the same players, what your saying to me scotty is stop blaming the game, i am not blaming the game, i am blaming you guys who controlled the developments programme and would not did not listen to smaller or newwer managers of the game not in the game as long as you all. You made a thread about game development ideas but only used your own and now your ideas are kind of ruining the game and many folk like me are saying this, your getting what we are saying wrong. It is not Ron, it is not the game, it the people who put these games changes forward that should be looked at and not allowed to participate any any other game changing ideas, you all had your chances and have blown it big time with what you asked for, no wonder Ron is saying F you all, you can wait as, as soon as your silly game changes start failing and managers like me start moaning, you blame us or tell us we are slating the game.

We are not, its the mob we are moaning at.

I was about to lose 40 million, when i took over i had 13,100 stadium, to avoid some tax i chose to spending 14 million on building. I am fine, but if i cannot state that it takes 3 seasons money to buy a semi decent player nowadays that will help your club in the long run and not cripple it, what chance do we have at looking at the real issues of the game.
 
« Prev123Next »
 
 

Copyright © 2019 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game