ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
« Prev123Next »
16th Feb 17 11:28 AM
cauliflower
Posts 16
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
(Stand by for another tangent)

apologies, the last time i checked it was a lot less and they only had 16 players and 19 now and as i can see and you can check it seems at least three big players have signed new contracts lately adding about 40k to overall wages from when i last checked. so last season top sides could have wages around 60k

16th Feb 17 11:34 AM
mitchell
Posts 481
Even 2 out of the 3 teams in the Nigerian Premiership relegation zone have wages of 100k. No way can any club survive in any of the premier leagues with salaries of 50k but a 50k salary level is comfortably manageable in the lower divisions where players rated in their 40's are adequate.

16th Feb 17 11:36 AM
cauliflower
Posts 16
So how much does a 40rated player cost?

16th Feb 17 11:42 AM
cauliflower
Posts 16
Quote:
Originally posted by mitchell
Even 2 out of the 3 teams in the Nigerian Premiership relegation zone have wages of 100k. No way can any club survive in any of the premier leagues with salaries of 50k but a 50k salary level is comfortably manageable in the lower divisions where players rated in their 40's are adequate.

All managerless, managers jumped ship, gate income of less than 100,000 and wages over 100,000 like you say, clubs losing money hand over fist

16th Feb 17 11:51 AM
mitchell
Posts 481
Quote:
Originally posted by cauliflower
So how much does a 40rated player cost?

Depends. Either your own youth very little, bought untrained around 1m bought fully trained up 2-3m. But then they'll be on miniscule wages and have about 15 seasons service in them

16th Feb 17 12:14 PM
cauliflower
Posts 16
Quote:
Originally posted by mitchell
Depends. Either your own youth very little, bought untrained around 1m bought fully trained up 2-3m. But then they'll be on miniscule wages and have about 15 seasons service in them

my youth academy is full but that's takes 7 yrs from 11-19...

2-3 million is 2 seasons prize money and does not guarantee promotion

16th Feb 17 12:20 PM
mitchell
Posts 481
Quote:

2-3 million is 2 seasons prize money and does not guarantee promotion

Why should promotion be guaranteed?

16th Feb 17 1:17 PM
cauliflower
Posts 16
i never said it does, i said it does not guarantee promotion in response to you saying players with a rating of 40 should be good enough for division 4. Several of my players are in their 30s and i am fourth to good sides.

16th Feb 17 1:31 PM
Jija
Posts 72
Good enough just means competitive, not necessarily promotion.

16th Feb 17 1:40 PM
cauliflower
Posts 16
Quote:
Originally posted by Jija
Good enough just means competitive, not necessarily promotion.

why would you tell me manager or advise a manager in division 4 that its just good enough to be competitive and not neccessarily good enough to be promoted. Isnt the game about getting promoted and getting higher ratings, higher staff, more end of season money etc etc etc.

I cannot see your point of thinking being competitive is ok and promotion is not essential which is basically what your last post means

16th Feb 17 2:22 PM
mitchell
Posts 481
40's rated players are good enough to potentially promote from your division but you can't expect guarantees. Currently the team directly above you keeping you out of the promotion spaces only has 4 players rated 40 or above so purchasing players within the 40's range really ought to help promote.

16th Feb 17 4:09 PM
Jija
Posts 72
Thanks for making my point Mitchell.

16th Feb 17 6:26 PM
KevinHann_2nd
Posts 149
Quote:
Two sides to the argument, teams in the premiership have top coaches, If you look at the team at the top of Nigeria premiership, their wage bill is about 50,000, as they have top coaches, more game knowledge so able to negotiate more and at the end of the day, whether teams are in the premiership or division 4 we all still have to compete for players on the transfer market.

To add to this, because of club hoppers, it is not always a mean a good division 4 club are guaranteed promotion as managers/teams come along and buy titles.

Most clubs down in division 4, if they want to improve, then they have to buy players who are been sold by the top clubs and already have wages set at higher levels.

Ah, I wish that was the case, really do

However the reality is our wage hasn't been at 50,000 or even close to that for quite a while!

The only players joining the squad recently have been youth promotions (negligible wages) and strikers Wilmot (4.6k) and Snaith (1.9k). Only recent increases have been a couple contract renegotiations which did up the bill but it was close to 100k prior to those. And it was there only because of a top striker retirement.

Wages are above 116k as it is and will shortly grow significantly with more renegotiations coming soon.

There may be people around capable of negotiating contracts to minimize wage expenses at the top level but sadly I'm not one of them. I just throw in the largest possible signing on fee, start around 70-75% of the wages the player asks for and take it from there. The greedy leeches usually bleed a lot more than that though.

There are different stages of building up a really strong club. It is possible to maintain reasonable wages while putting the squad together (signing low rated players and keeping them on up to 5 seasons of low wages or slightly longer on medium wages if you re-negotiate before they fully train).

Once the squad is together ideally you could recycle the top rated players by selling them and getting younger untrained ones before you have to renegotiate. This however requires keeping a large pool of players because you can only use players at their prime for a couple seasons before you need to give them a new contract. Those players ask for around 15k-20k in wages combined with excessive signing on fees.

It also requires a dynamic market which we don't have. You simply can't recycle without taking a huge hit in quality. The choice is then limited to either having a sub-par squad (which will generate less funds than the required to sustain it) or peaking your team potential (decreasing the player value as they grow old and skyrocketing your wages which in turn makes you reliant to cup success to sustain the expenses of simply having that squad).

If you think I'm handling wages well just check my parent account. If it doesn't have the highest wages in the game I bet there aren't many operating above that bill. Plus it will grow further by a lot. To put that in perspective the wages alone (without the bonuses) are higher than ticket sale money. The only way to generate funds is player sales or winning cup competitions.

I can run the math but I am quite positive a lower division club with a reasonable wage bill of around 50k, if adequately managed, is running on a healthy profit prior to any cup money. The capacity to grow is far greater at that stage while once you get to the top the emphasis shifts to struggling to maintain.

With regards to stadium building I see a lot of managers taking this aspect to the extreme - either investing almost everything in new stands or postponing building stands as long as possible. The way ticket income works however suggests a more balanced approach would be more lucrative. I don't claim I have nailed that balance as there was a lot of uncharted territory and that information is required to make an informed decision (such as the cost of top player wages and the market inflation).

In order to make your stadium operating optimally you need to fill it all the time and have ticket price reasonably high. How high is probably a personal judgment but you can run the math on what TP you need to justify the investment. If you are making 50k more per game off your 17,000 ground than you would make from a 12,000 it's probably not the best investment. A good stadium is only worth it when you have a club of sufficient quality to fill it.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be building if you like that in the game. Just keep in mind it may be costing you money instead of getting you more.

I can honestly say the most major misconception about building a club from the ground is "I have a squad good enough for the lower divisions". It just doesn't work like that. Buying mid quality players will get you acceptable results in poor local competition but also locks valuable funds in assets that actually limit your rating instead of pushing it up. And you suffer in the cups.

I would always choose a heavy investment in a top quality goalkeeper or striker instead of buying two mid-range players for the same combined price (which seems to be about the going rate currently). Grab a top, top keeper and striker and build from there. Most clubs are able to generate the funds needed to do this from their starting point through selling high quality assets in other positions. If you don't have the means to generate those funds you were really unlucky with your starting point or you simply spent them on something else and found your potential handicapped down the line.

16th Feb 17 7:02 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
(Stand by for another tangent)

Getting a bit tiresome isn't it.

Lets start a "I'm gonna make up some rubbish" thread and sticky it. Would make for some interesting reading

22nd Feb 17 12:52 AM
mackfishy
Posts 56
You need to get to 3501 points mate. I?d guess you?ve got about 3050 at the moment. If you realease a couple of players, and sell a few with low potential, whilst buying a few with high potential, you?ll have better staff in no time. Anyway, I?ve wrote down a few thoughts

Tiverton town (24 players) ? 8 too many
Jones Jales ? sell
Madou Rahbi ? sell
Rayyan Gettge ? decentish (not good enough)
Tauseen Rege ? Sell
Lamberto Ragno ? potential, train up, play regular
Carlo Ricciardo ? first out the door
Teppo Erikkoinen ? sell
Mohit Nogornaik ? sell
Flavio Dilluca ? keep for now ? you need 16 players or you?ll get sacked (ignore the board warnings). So they can?t all leave yet
Avenir Ivanov ? Release
Tullip Traci ? renew conract, minimum 3 years (or sell)
Battista Bellini ? renew contract ? Mediocre- but keep for now. Try and get 5 year contract now, train up, and sell on in 2 or 3 seasons
Nicolo Dimuzzio ? needs 3 year contract ? his high overall rating and continuing training potential will help push up your overall squad rating
Rossano Gallioto ? release
Fabrizio Sciallio ? sell
Fabio Farra ? sell/release
Beppe Nobiella ? His lowest fixed attribute ?FA? (apart from loyalty) is aggression ?71?. Young, great potential. Keep him, he?ll train quickly, and push up overall squad rating
Fabio Sciarrilo ? poor, but keep, train, need 16 players. Renew the contract. Long contracts, generally keep wages down.Higher rated (trained) players want considerably more money
Lorenzo Moirella ? young, potential, lowest FA ? adaptibilty 68. Needs long contract, and trained up to the 70?s.
Abishek Deshpande ? very nice. Kind of player you could sell for 10-15m. But, keep him, his lowest FA is 85, and he?ll train up to an overall rating of around 77-80 with coaches that can be acquired when your club rating is at, or over 4501. With a high squad rating you?ll reach this very easily.
Everisto Sciallio ? Keep and train. As a hole player, his value will be higher than most othe players. This is ideal as high value players add massively to your squad value, which again boosts squad rating.
Nicodemo Delpiano ? try and get a 2 year contract , or sell
Fabiano Nave ? release
Bradley England poor, but keep

8 can leave straight away.Try and sell the oldest ones, before they retire, because money is king in this game, and it?s relatively difficult to get. You can only sell 2 at a time, so selling 8 would take half a season. Release the worst four, cut the time in half, and your squad rating improves, leading to a higher club rating and higher attendances. Train all the players as quick as possible, as this also improves the squad rating, which again improves the club rating. And , buy a few older players (minimum of 4 year contract), high FA?s, to further improve the overall squad rating. Obviously, it?s a short term measure which I think only works up to a point. But money being king means it?s a necessity to do reasonably well in all the cups, and the money also helps club rating.

and

Quote:
Originally posted by KevinHann_2nd
I can honestly say the most major misconception about building a club from the ground is "I have a squad good enough for the lower divisions". It just doesn't work like that. Buying mid quality players will get you acceptable results in poor local competition but also locks valuable funds in assets that actually limit your rating instead of pushing it up. And you suffer in the cups.

I would always choose a heavy investment in a top quality goalkeeper or striker instead of buying two mid-range players for the same combined price (which seems to be about the going rate currently). Grab a top, top keeper and striker and build from there. Most clubs are able to generate the funds needed to do this from their starting point through selling high quality assets in other positions. If you don't have the means to generate those funds you were really unlucky with your starting point or you simply spent them on something else and found your potential handicapped down the line.

Just my opinion

22nd Feb 17 12:55 AM
mackfishy
Posts 56
Wow, it didn't look like that on a word document lol. Hope it's readable, best ignore the question marks

22nd Feb 17 12:59 AM
mackfishy
Posts 56
and I've posted it in the wrong thread

27th Aug 17 8:33 PM
Pike
Posts 2
Hi

Could we have the ability to take loans out for the club.
It would be based upon been at the club for a number of days than you can apply for a loan.

27th Aug 17 9:02 PM
Lovemaster2nd
Posts 263
Quote:
Originally posted by Pike
Hi

It would be based upon been at the club for a number of days than you can apply for a loan.
I would suggest that you 'live within your means' to begin with.
Loans, yeah.
You have to laugh.

28th Aug 17 8:26 AM
cristianzambrana
Posts 363
Quote:
Originally posted by Pike
Hi

I used to have a managers game years ago where you could take out loans and it worked really well. Im not sure it can work in this game as it is. It would encourage club hopping even more and the transfer market prices are out of control.

« Prev123Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game