ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Bugs & Site Issues
« Prev1Next »
11th Nov 17 11:36 AM
Andy1970
Posts 30
Squad size/Terminating contracts?
I currently have a squad size of 28 players, with 10 under one year left on their contracts. Three are going in 12 days, to create space for new blood, I'd like to terminate the contract of some of the players, but I get the message, board requires minimum of 17 players, which there would be if I let one player go and have 9 under one season left under their contract. It's quite annoying.

11th Nov 17 11:43 AM
mitchell
Posts 481
Have any of your players got more than 56 but less than 70 days left on their contracts. They might be being judged as having under a season maybe due to the old season length? I don't know if that happens I'm just guessing what might be a reason.

11th Nov 17 11:46 AM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 538
this one really is a pain in the backside isn't it as the game doesn't recognise players under one season left on contract as 'players' it views them as retiring. It is even worse if you're at the opposite end of the spectrum with under 18 players and you try to sell an asset to raise funds to buy in replacements and you can't for the same reason and retirements, you end up having to buy some dross if you have available funds or forcing a youth promotee, potentially ruining the team for some seasons after.

11th Nov 17 7:15 PM
Andy1970
Posts 30
Sadly none of my players have between 56-70 days left on their contracts. So still not sure what the problem is?

11th Nov 17 8:08 PM
Andy1970
Posts 30
And yet I can list a player on the transfer market, but I cant terminate a contract, and having signed another player on 1 year, my squad size is full at 29, and I cant make any more offers on new players, until these contracts run out... How frustrating!

12th Nov 17 2:12 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy1970
Sadly none of my players have between 56-70 days left on their contracts. So still not sure what the problem is?

I would guess that seeing as 17 or 18 of your squad are aged over 30 a few of them are likely to retire before their contracts expire.

12th Nov 17 8:56 AM
Andy1970
Posts 30
Likely isn't definate, still nobody has told me why the numbers dont add up? I'm being prevented from releasing players and therefore signing players, because the games numbers dont add up!

12th Nov 17 3:02 PM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 538
If you read my reply it answers your question, you have 10 players on less than a season contract.

12th Nov 17 3:57 PM
samleeds99
Posts 102
Quote:
Originally posted by NotSoSpecialOne
If you read my reply it answers your question, you have 10 players on less than a season contract.

But surely that only takes him down to 19 players? Not 18 as the message reads??

12th Nov 17 4:04 PM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 538
I may have misread but at the time it was 28 and then he signed another making it 29.

13th Nov 17 4:47 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Likely isn't definate, still nobody has told me why the numbers dont add up? I'm being prevented from releasing players and therefore signing players, because the games numbers dont add up!

Hi Andy,

You've currently got 11 players with 56 days or less left on their contracts so in effect your board thinks that you have 18 contracted players and therefore won't let you release another one.
It would have been 10 from your original 28 before your recent purchase however now Bank only has 56 days left.

Lazos and Walsh are about to drop to below 70 days within the next few days as well and you've also got Bushnell on the transfer market.

1 listed, 11 under 56 days is 12 out of 29 leaving a squad of 17.

13th Nov 17 10:02 AM
Andy1970
Posts 30
But I had these problems before Bushnell was listed, and why does the game let me transfer list a player, but not release him, it makes no sense

13th Nov 17 10:05 AM
Andy1970
Posts 30
And to confirm, Bushnell is one of the 11 under 56 days left, so 29-11=18, not 17 that the board keeps mentioning, and yes I now have 2 other players on 73 and 70 days left, but they weren't below 72 days when this thread was started.
Oh to actually have one of my players that wants to retire to go early, I'm trying to train them up to a career ending injury as well!

13th Nov 17 10:32 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
But I had these problems before Bushnell was listed, and why does the game let me transfer list a player, but not release him, it makes no sense

Before Bushnell was listed you had 28 players. Bushnell was under 70 days so was one of the "non contracted" players.
Think of it like a bosman. The club doesn't count them if they can leave for nothing.

Unfortunately the position you are in is down to having a large number of older players.

Renegotiate a couple of their contracts and you'll be able to release a couple.

13th Nov 17 12:16 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,324
Also, bear in mind that everyone's Board are a bunch of idiots...

« Prev1Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game