ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
14th Jan 19 7:36 AM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Err these days you can drop more than 400 points and still be better than Wenger

15th Jan 19 3:24 PM
Ryanj1991
Posts 4
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
It happens every season Ryan. Your position in the league table is worth approximately 20 points per position.

At the beginning of the season all club's league position is pending until after the first match. Be top of the league after your first match and most of those points will come back.

Thanks for your reply. However, I fail to understand why league position has so much influence on this? I have been promoted two seasons in a row, plus unbeaten in 61 games, why isn't there 'bonus' points for winning the league? If it is based on each position being worth 20 points, Itsagoal hasn't rewarded me for winning my league and fulfilling the boards expectations.

To get past the magical number of progressing in the game, it would appear I need to sell my players.

In real life, if a team is promoted, they don't then sell all their best players to gain club rating in order to get better staff.... naturally staff would want to go to a better team.

Just seems like a silly way of measuring a club's ability.

16th Jan 19 2:18 PM
zwaluwen_2nd
Posts 8
Quote:
Originally posted by Ryanj1991
Thanks for your reply. However, I fail to understand why league position has so much influence on this? I have been promoted two seasons in a row, plus unbeaten in 61 games, why isn't there 'bonus' points for winning the league? If it is based on each position being worth 20 points, Itsagoal hasn't rewarded me for winning my league and fulfilling the boards expectations.

To get past the magical number of progressing in the game, it would appear I need to sell my players.

In real life, if a team is promoted, they don't then sell all their best players to gain club rating in order to get better staff.... naturally staff would want to go to a better team.

I've tried a lot the last 4 seasons to get more points. I 've given up. I got promoted 3 times. Now I just want to end in top 6 of the major L.

23rd Feb 19 5:24 PM
Lovemaster2nd
Posts 263
Quote:
Originally posted by Ryanj1991

I hate having to sell the clubs best players in order to progress.(that's what the 'wolves' with the big bucks are waiting on)
I resisted selling unicorn/best players for a while but had to conform, there's no other way.
Looks like I'm going to have to sell one or 2 more as well.

Side note: If you subscribe 2 teams you should get the option of taking on another team.(3 teams being the maximum)Since there are over 600 managerless clubs, I don't think that poses a problem?
Should the game pick up, you would have the choice of which club you want to give up.

23rd Feb 19 5:41 PM
colins70_2nd
Posts 173
Be able to set neutral venue for friendlies /reserves.

i think i mentioned it before about 2 years ago

23rd Feb 19 5:53 PM
Lovemaster
Posts 486
Quote:
Originally posted by Lovemaster2nd
I hate having to sell the clubs best players in order to progress.(that's what the 'wolves' with the big bucks are waiting on)
I resisted selling unicorn/best players for a while but had to conform, there's no other way.
Looks like I'm going to have to sell one or 2 more as well.

Side note: If you subscribe 2 teams you should get the option of taking on another team.(3 teams being the maximum)Since there are over 600 managerless clubs, I don't think that poses a problem?
Should the game pick up, you would have the choice of which club you want to give up.
It could mean more players listed on the TM too.

23rd Feb 19 6:01 PM
Lovemaster
Posts 486
Quote:
Originally posted by colins70_2nd
Be able to set neutral venue for friendlies /reserves.

i think i mentioned it before about 2 years ago
Talking of which, wouldn't it be better if the threat of injuries/suspensions etc be removed from reserve matches?
My teams have been blighted by injury this season and it puts me off playing them.
I play agg1 for over half my games I reckon, does it matter?....seems not.

I'd play reserves until the cows came home.... without that worry.

23rd Feb 19 6:10 PM
colins70_2nd
Posts 173
Quote:
Originally posted by Lovemaster
It could mean more players listed on the TM too.
They dismissed this out of hand some time back.

I agree that they should and when or if numbers pick up take it back. if your a subscriber you should be able to at least have the option as unsubscibed managers can have 2 already.

Even if you only get another 50 managed clubs its better than none and playing Mr Vacant most games is tedious tbf.

23rd Feb 19 6:17 PM
Lovemaster
Posts 486
Quote:
They dismissed this out of hand some time back.

I agree that they should and when or if numbers pick up take it back. if your a subscriber you should be able to at least have the option as unsubscibed managers can have 2 already.

Even if you only get another 50 managed clubs its better than none and playing Mr Vacant most games is tedious tbf.
Couldn't agree more.

23rd Feb 19 6:20 PM
colins70_2nd
Posts 173
Remove The Fixed Attributes from view.

I doubt anyone would risk 30 million on a potential dud.

This would bring the big boys back a bit and transfer fees right down.

23rd Feb 19 6:36 PM
Lovemaster
Posts 486
Quote:
Remove The Fixed Attributes from view.

I doubt anyone would risk 30 million on a potential dud.

This would bring the big boys back a bit and transfer fees right down.
I don't think Ron takes an active part in the game any more?
He was sacked from his club,that tells you something.
I believe it's the guys in the background that are shoring the game up?
I love these guys, alas, I feel we need to hear the truth....at some point soon.
I also believe we are probably at our 'hard core' element of managers now, so some transparency wouldn't go amiss.
I'm certainly here for the long haul....but I want to know the truth.

23rd Feb 19 6:48 PM
colins70_2nd
Posts 173
Quote:
I don't think Ron takes an active part in the game any more?
He was sacked from his club,that tells you something.
I believe it's the guys in the background that are shoring the game up?
I love these guys, alas, I feel we need to hear the truth....at some point soon.
I also believe we are probably at our 'hard core' element of managers now, so some transparency wouldn't go amiss.
I'm certainly here for the long haul....but I want to know the truth.
He logged in 2 days ago and has a different club now. So he is around. Not sure on his intentions for the game as it is just drifting along.

Someone mentioned an advertising campaign and people donating to the cause in an attempt to get more numbers in , but that got pushed aside. i think it was Beeky who put the idea forward at the time.

The "guys in the background " do a great job but its time to deal us some cards now as you say.

23rd Feb 19 6:56 PM
Lovemaster
Posts 486
Quote:
He logged in 2 days ago and has a different club now. So he is around. Not sure on his intentions for the game as it is just drifting along.

Someone mentioned an advertising campaign and people donating to the cause in an attempt to get more numbers in , but that got pushed aside. i think it was Beeky who put the idea forward at the time.

The "guys in the background " do a great job but its time to deal us some cards now as you say.
Yep, I'm not so 'sure' anymore.(that's for sure)

23rd Feb 19 7:14 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
You guys know as much as we do.

Ron's had some personal issues and that's about all we know.

In a nutshell, the game will remain what it is until who knows when. If we had any more to share we would.

Ron didn't want any advertising until he was 100% happy with the game which is why that idea was put on hold.

As far as improvements, i'd like FA's hidden unless you've scouted the player, after all isn't that what scouts are for?

23rd Feb 19 8:51 PM
Lovemaster
Posts 486
Quote:
You guys know as much as we do.

Ron's had some personal issues and that's about all we know.

In a nutshell, the game will remain what it is until who knows when. If we had any more to share we would.

Ron didn't want any advertising until he was 100% happy with the game which is why that idea was put on hold.

As far as improvements, i'd like FA's hidden unless you've scouted the player, after all isn't that what scouts are for?
Don't get your knickers in a twist mate! Perhaps we shouldn't care, eh?

23rd Feb 19 9:05 PM
Atco47
Posts 11
Quote:

I think you must have read a different reply to me

23rd Feb 19 9:26 PM
stripey
Posts 6,155
Quote:
Originally posted by Atco47
I think you must have read a different reply to me
Quite so.

24th Feb 19 1:33 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:

Sorry LM i think you may has misinterpreted my post. Knickers weren't in a twist i was just trying to let you know where everything is at.

Mebbe i should just keep quiet in the future

24th Feb 19 9:39 AM
Lovemaster
Posts 486
Quote:
Sorry LM i think you may has misinterpreted my post. Knickers weren't in a twist i was just trying to let you know where everything is at.

Mebbe i should just keep quiet in the future
Sorry mate, thought you were being a bit snide.

Another thing I'd like to hear from Ron is when are we going to revert back to a .com site?

4th Nov 19 8:10 PM
FootballM_2nd
Posts 129
Adding a ?Most consecutive games without conceding? to the Club all time records page, mainly because I?ve just gone the first 11 league games of the season without conceding a goal

In all seriousness, expanding the various records which are captured would be a good idea:

- Most consecutive games without conceding
- least goals conceded in a season
- highest scoring player in a season

Etc etc

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game