ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
7th Sep 15 11:19 PM
Posseidon
Posts 130
Allow us to select players to put into the team on match day selection screen from all of the sub categories (fitness, ratings and statistics) not just assignments.

ADDED

8th Sep 15 9:08 AM
Muffin
Posts 211
Manager Transfer Rating

Quote:
Originally posted by Help
Managers who withdraw their bids or otherwise act negatively within the Transfer system will find their Transfer Rating decrease.

This seems to be rather a blunt instrument.

Managers who have a legitimate reason to withdraw should not be penalised. Failing to agree terms with a player should be treated differently to a bidder who simply changes his mind.

If a 31 year old, for example, asks for a 1 year contract and refuses anything longer then I don't believe the buying manager should take a hit for withdrawing.

You might tell me to ask the seller before bidding, but maybe he can't because the player refuses negotiations.

The difficulty is that IAG can't easily tell the difference between a "legitimate" withdrawal and a bidder who changed his mind.

That's a bit of a conundrum, but I would suggest allowing the bidders to make offers conditional on the player agreeing to certain terms, with the selling manager having the option to reject any conditional offers.

I invite other suggestions on solving this one.

ADDED

8th Sep 15 9:59 AM
boardmangraham
Posts 71
Whilst were on transfers again the other thing I remembered about yesterday was the inability to re-bid once you've withdrawn.. Is this still needed?

The only reason I ask is sometimes you have to withdraw your bid tactically so you can bid on another player that closes sooner, but if you don't win that player I feel you should still be able re-bid on the player that originally interested you.

The old argument used to be 'don't bid on the player until the last day', but there are many instances this won't be possible now we have an alternate market (even with the use of a scout).. Just seems like a pointless rule to me? If anyone can explain a valid reason why it is there then fair enough I just don't see it personally.

This is more of a bug fix. With Ron's recent activity we can actually hope it gets sorted.

8th Sep 15 10:05 AM
boardmangraham
Posts 71
Also the 'Available Funds' rule - is there any need to 'hold' 500k of a club's funds? Especially at this stage of the game when cash is both hard to earn & vital to progression..

ADDED

8th Sep 15 10:48 AM
Muffin
Posts 211
Quote:
Originally posted by boardmangraham
What is so realistic about it though? Do real football club's have 500k in their bank that they're not allowed to touch?

Why not just start everybody with 500k less cash & avoid the confusion/frustration for new managers? It's not the extra money I'm bothered about..

Just to point out I have cash available and have always been good at managing funds, I just don't understand why it's there - the only thing I can think is something was originally going to be implemented that wasn't..

Agreed.

I wasn't defending it, rather trying to understand the point of it. Probably less confusing if it simply didn't exist and everyone had 500k less.

ADDED

8th Sep 15 11:16 AM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
When a player is injured or sent off, rather than just having the option of - Take off MF - or whatever you choose, it would be nice to be able to pick which MF you would like taken off.

In a recent game, I lost a decent player to an injury, and my best/most need MF was taken off, when Id have preferred a different MF to have been taken off in replacement for the injury/sending off.

ADDED

8th Sep 15 11:08 PM
rambocat
Posts 410
i have a couple suggestions...
i was wondering if it would be possible at some point down the road to be allowed up to 5 subs for a reserve match.

Already there

also, maybe the "more than just a game" slogan needs to be changed to"it's just a game, but it's a pretty good one" because some people are leaving the game for some petty reasons and i think there needs to be a reminder that it is just a game.
thanks.

9th Sep 15 1:11 PM
BerryStraw
Posts 265
When a player gets injured during a match, the manager should receive a message directly afterwards. Maybe it could say the player goes to the hospital for examination and the details of the injury would be provided after the main update.

ADDED

9th Sep 15 6:49 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
I had a proposal somewhere to increase the maximum number players on the transfer list.

With 5-days mandatory listings, 56-day seasons and also being unable to cancel listings, the present 2 player limit is far too much of a restriction.

You had a lot to say about other aspects of the transfer system, but not this one, or at least, you hadn't posted any thoughts...
ADDED

9th Sep 15 9:29 PM
nowt
Posts 2
Vacant clubs put a player on the market maybe every couple of weeks. Might throw up a gem at market value every so often.

ADDED

9th Sep 15 9:55 PM
jfswfc39
Posts 37
A button available on each team where the manager position is vacant which is "apply for team". Either so that it comes onto the vacant list the next day, alerts you when it will come on or will accept you unless there is competition or maybe even resistance from your current team.

ADDED

10th Sep 15 10:13 AM
boardmangraham
Posts 71
Is there any changes planned for the length of transfer listings?

I was kinda hoping more lengths would be introduced like the last version (same layout as posting staff vacancies would be perfect imo).

ADDED

10th Sep 15 2:35 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
Low Scoring Games

Going on the data across all the leagues, there has been an average of roughly 1.5 goals per game in all the matches played so far.

The prevalence of draws is simply a question of mathematics. Low scoring games have a high probability of ending in a draw. That's what we're seeing.

So the real issue is not the number of draws per se, but the amount of goals being scored. As I understand it, it appears to be that "weak team" teams are poor at "finishing" and more goals will probably come as the teams improve.

The concensus seems to be that this should be the other way around. With weaker teams generally letting in more goals and as the teams develop we should be seeing fewer goals conceded.

My proposal is to "tune" the finishing, to making weaker teams more vulnerable and more likely to concede.

This should have the added effect of seeing a few "cricket scores" later on, when playing the top clubs against the weakest, such as in the early rounds of the cup matches.

ADDED

10th Sep 15 9:02 PM
Andy1970
Posts 30
A column for MR in the player purchasing area, as once they are in there you cant see what rating is needed to bid on them, and your rating can change as mine just has

ADDED

13th Sep 15 12:45 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Be able to change aggression @ HT.

Already there

13th Sep 15 2:28 PM
BerryStraw
Posts 265
Instead of the 'home' team setting the ticket price for a match on neutral ground (semi-finals, finals), both clubs should be able to set the price for 50% of the seats. The total gate receipts should still be split equally afterwards.

As it is now, the TP setting and attendance calculation of the home drawn team is used. This can cause empty stadiums and low income when a not so popular club reaches the final rounds of a cup competition and is drawn as the home team.

By using the above way of attendance calculation and sharing income, it doesn't make a difference which team is at home and the income is still divided in a fair way.

ADDED

20th Sep 15 12:20 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Referees -

It would be nice to see referees grow in their Character/Strictness and so on. Gives another angle on how tactical you will play when you have a certain type of ref.

ADDED

20th Sep 15 4:50 PM
garyt1
Posts 500
Youths

If it hasn't been mentioned already (or in fact already tweaked) there should definitely be some sort of improvement made to youths weekly improvements. Particularly as seasons are short.

You could double it but 2 x 0 is still 0
ADDED

20th Sep 15 5:48 PM
Ibcake
Posts 65
Ability to change formation, tactics and sub during a live match

Already there

20th Sep 15 10:39 PM
Ibcake
Posts 65
How about home and away games in league cup and IAG quarter finals.

Just my thoughts

Schedule may get congested...
ADDED

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game