ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
2nd Nov 15 11:49 PM
Gukkon
Posts 4
Just wondering if there will be a text match report added at some point so we can not only read what happens but it could also help us managers find out what our best attacks are. Like it could tell us that we score most of our goals from crosses or concede goals from through balls etc etc. With this info we could then know what to change regarding our tactics or even what to train to make our players better in our areas of weakness. Also for example we train our players in set pieces but we don't know if our set piece taker scored a normal goal or from a direct free kick. Would be nice to see if it says like "Duran" (my striker btw) scored a screamer from a free kick 25 yards out. I can look at that and think good my set piece training is working great. Same with corners too.

3rd Nov 15 10:36 PM
KyranLFC
Posts 10
A nice little addition for me would be a downloadable CSV similar to squad statistics, but showing each player's career statistics. I always find it interesting looking at the career statistics but there isn't an easy way to compare the players.

6th Nov 15 6:02 PM
roland68
Posts 972
I'd like to be able to see a more detailed manager and club history...

In IAG2 and it seems to be the same here, when you look at profile-history or club-history, you can see manager appointments, relegations, promotions, championships and, I think, cup wins.

It would be good to see a line about every season's final league position, (maybe cup performance too), so you can look back and see a more complete manager/club history.

6th Nov 15 6:20 PM
roland68
Posts 972
How about some more details of penalty shootouts in cup matches...

As it stands, the live match report will reach Full-Time and a penalty result,
e.g. "TEAMA wins 4-3 on penalties" is shown.
That's really boring and is missing out on a great opportunity to provide a thrilling finish to the match for managers.

It would be really good to see some running commentary of the penalties being taken one by one.. For example:

Player 1 is first up, he shoots. Goal !! TeamA 1-0 TeamB
Player 2 steps up, he shoots. Unstoppable. TeamA 1-1 TeamB
Player 3 is next, He aims left. A great save: TeamA 1-1 TeamB
Player 10, he must score to level things... Oh no it's miles wide... TeamA 4-3 TeamB
TEAMA wins 4-3 on penalties.

6th Nov 15 6:30 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,326
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
How about some more details of penalty shootouts in cup matches...

As it stands, the live match report will reach Full-Time and a penalty result,
e.g. "TEAMA wins 4-3 on penalties" is shown.
That's really boring and is missing out on a great opportunity to provide a thrilling finish to the match for managers.

It would be really good to see some running commentary of the penalties being taken one by one.. For example:

Player 1 is first up, he shoots. Goal !! TeamA 1-0 TeamB
Player 2 steps up, he shoots. Unstoppable. TeamA 1-1 TeamB
Player 3 is next, He aims left. A great save: TeamA 1-1 TeamB
Player 10, he must score to level things... Oh no it's miles wide... TeamA 4-3 TeamB
TEAMA wins 4-3 on penalties.

You're a mind reader roland. I've posted something similar elsewhere...

6th Nov 15 7:10 PM
stripey
Posts 6,137
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68

It would be good to see a line about every season's final league position, (maybe cup performance too), so you can look back and see a more complete manager/club history.

Very much agree with this. I forget my own!

6th Nov 15 8:26 PM
crystlab
Posts 5
Sorry if it was already mentioned.
I found this feature quite recently (and can't remember if it was in previous version): it is impossible to post a new vacancy when your staff team is full.
I think, every manager want to improve his crew, and posting vacancy doesn't mean sombody new will definitely be hired - its just looking for smth better.
So, may be its better to release this option?

7th Nov 15 12:09 AM
roland68
Posts 972
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
You're a mind reader roland. I've posted something similar elsewhere...

Oh, great minds Pleasant Honestly hadn't seen it mentioned before so in my free moment thought I'd throw that one. No plagiarism going on there, I promise.

9th Nov 15 1:44 PM
boardmangraham
Posts 71
Quote:
Originally posted by MisterE

9) Player valuations fixed somewhere near true value [boardmangraham]

Do you still have the post I made about this in the admin group MisterE?

I think now is a good time to mention it again given the recent happenings..

9th Nov 15 5:40 PM
boardmangraham
Posts 71
Ney bother, I found it..

Quote:
Originally posted by boardmangraham

One thing that I really hoped would get fixed in this update is something nobody really mentions - estimated player values.

Although an update has been done to the transfer market, if estimated player values were fixed it would enable so much more to be possible whilst eliminating (or significantly reducing) the risk of cheating/abuse.

It?s been a while since I logged on to IAG before this update but if I remember rightly estimated values worked off current player rating, position and age - fixed attributes (potential) were not considered anywhere in the equation.

If you could get a true reflection of a player?s value it would pave the way for features like private transfers/player swaps and player loans without the risk of abuse which stands currently due to the system not knowing how much a player is really worth; limits could be put in place to stop the system from being cheated.

Player values could auto-update as time goes on by keeping a track of the average price that type of player is purchased for over a period of 12 months for example, so it would require no maintenance once the foundations have been laid.

I?m not sure if this will ever be implemented, but I feel if any of the above features are to be introduced (players loans/private transfers etc) you would probably need to, or the admin team would have one hell of a job keeping track of deals manually!

11th Nov 15 10:08 AM
mitchell
Posts 481
I wondered what people's thoughts were of the following:

In light of player swaps and deals being permitted maybe there's a better way than the current slightly messy method that relies on trust, distorts club ranking, and disrupts the normal transfer market.

Would it not be better to be able to directly trade?

Let's say I see a player I want. I PM the manager or even simply input an offer into a transfer offer system eg John Smith + 500k for Billy Jones. The other manager can of course decline or accept (or even send a negotiated offer a little similar to the Football Manager series of games). Then assuming both managers manage to negotiate successfully with the player the transfer goes through without ever using the transfer market.

These transfers would still be visible on a transfers completed board so that cheating would still be caught out but it would avoid clogging up the boards with listed swap players. This would also avoid excluding lower clubs from the swap system as at the moment you need a pretty big bank balance in order to start a swap deal and newbies won't have people they know are trustworthy to participate in swaps with.

11th Nov 15 10:14 AM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Quote:
Originally posted by mitchell
I wondered what people's thoughts were of the following:

In light of player swaps and deals being permitted maybe there's a better way than the current slightly messy method that relies on trust, distorts club ranking, and disrupts the normal transfer market.

Would it not be better to be able to directly trade?

Let's say I see a player I want. I PM the manager or even simply input an offer into a transfer offer system eg John Smith + 500k for Billy Jones. The other manager can of course decline or accept (or even send a negotiated offer a little similar to the Football Manager series of games). Then assuming both managers manage to negotiate successfully with the player the transfer goes through without ever using the transfer market.

These transfers would still be visible on a transfers completed board so that cheating would still be caught out but it would avoid clogging up the boards with listed swap players. This would also avoid excluding lower clubs from the swap system as at the moment you need a pretty big bank balance in order to start a swap deal and newbies won't have people they know are trustworthy to participate in swaps with.

+1

11th Nov 15 5:13 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
When you get so far in a Cup competition, and you're playing at neutral grounds, the stadium should always be full by default, so both teams get the most from the match.

11th Nov 15 5:36 PM
BerryStraw
Posts 265
Quote:
Originally posted by scotty1962
When you get so far in a Cup competition, and you're playing at neutral grounds, the stadium should always be full by default, so both teams get the most from the match.

Completely agree something should be done about the ticket sales for neutral ground matches.

I've suggested before that both teams should be able to sell 50% of the available tickets (while also getting 50% of the profits), but your idea is fine with me as well. As long as this is changed.

11th Nov 15 5:40 PM
BerryStraw
Posts 265
Today I would have liked to be able to check into another league's cup final, as a real life friend was playing in it. Have I missed something and is this possible somehow? Otherwise I would like to suggest implementing the 'other league cups' button and screens in the competitions section.

11th Nov 15 6:22 PM
boardmangraham
Posts 71
Quote:
Originally posted by BerryStraw
Today I would have liked to be able to check into another league's cup final, as a real life friend was playing in it. Have I missed something and is this possible somehow? Otherwise I would like to suggest implementing the 'other league cups' button and screens in the competitions section.

+1

11th Nov 15 7:00 PM
roland68
Posts 972
The mail messages with subjects:

Player Contract Negotiations
Transfer Talks
Transfer Latest

Can the mail subject be updated to include the player name. This would save having to search through all the similar messages to find the message wanted.

For example:

Transfer Talks - L. Messi
Player Contract Negotiations - G. Bale

12th Nov 15 4:09 PM
singe
Posts 23
I do hope sometihng can be done to stimulate the transfer market, at the moment it relies on the luck of the dice you were thrown with your team, and there is practically nothing the average user can do to tweak their squad. It seems to me there are rubiish, or very old players, and no average players, everyone is too scared to list palyers as they do not know what to expect.
Of course, the game must not be adversely affected.

I am afraid I don't have the solutions, but hopefully this will stimualte some suggestions.

The easiest quick win solution would seem to be permitting loans as seems to have been suggested.(I donlt mean easiest for RonManager of course!)
Iam not sure about approaching teams, as many would not be aware, and advantage could be gained.

13th Nov 15 10:21 AM
McVily
Posts 203
Transfer market related...

If buyers can't see how many bids are placed on player, neither should selling manager. This can be exploited via private messages to some degree.

13th Nov 15 10:27 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,326
Quote:
Originally posted by McVily
Transfer market related...

If buyers can't see how many bids are placed on player, neither should selling manager. This can be exploited via private messages to some degree.

(or even by publicising on the general forums...)

I would agree with that Mr M.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game