ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
13th Nov 15 6:16 PM
singe
Posts 23
Hie about being able to change to tics mid game, before the game starts
. Eg set it up before the match starts if your opponent gets a player sent off to change to attack, or if you go a goal down you go from sometimes counter attack to always counter. That sort if thing.

13th Nov 15 6:27 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by singe
Hie about being able to change to tics mid game, before the game starts
. Eg set it up before the match starts if your opponent gets a player sent off to change to attack, or if you go a goal down you go from sometimes counter attack to always counter. That sort if thing.

This is a popular idea and is being discussed further.

13th Nov 15 6:41 PM
singe
Posts 23
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
This is a popular idea and is being discussed further.
Thanks, apologies for repeating it, I use the phone to access so it can be tricky to see all the posts.

21st Nov 15 6:00 PM
Carax
Posts 626
Suggestions:

1. Comments pre and post game.

2. Facebook integration, ability to like and share match results(or reports). Like players, teams and managers.

21st Nov 15 9:09 PM
sirchan
Posts 21
Under player stats, I think there should be a list of leading assists and leading clean sheets.

27th Nov 15 3:15 AM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Close formation set up at least 3 or 4 hours before the game starts. Some of us gimps cant be here just before the warm-up!

Mod Edit: Please refrain from swearing please

27th Nov 15 12:33 PM
singe
Posts 23
being able to see the stats by hober is not possible on the phone. I guess that might be under development of the mobile game, but thought I'd raise just to make sure.

27th Nov 15 8:55 PM
Kejeas
Posts 725
Quote:
Originally posted by singe
being able to see the stats by hober is not possible on the phone. I guess that might be under development of the mobile game, but thought I'd raise just to make sure.

A more mobile friendly version is certainly on Ron's list.

28th Nov 15 6:06 PM
Carax
Posts 626
Not sure if it was posted already.

Balance the game using the YA as a tool, both to help overcome the hopeless TM and help recruiting. Make it investment dependable only, not linked to club rating. The game is killing itself making everything dependent on club rating.

Produce the best players from the YA, or at least more balanced than today.

29th Nov 15 2:26 PM
Lemmy
Posts 469
Remove the ability to club hop.

30th Nov 15 3:56 PM
dazstag1967
Posts 44
wouldit be possible to have transfers open for 2 or 3 days at the start just so folk can see how bids are going and then blind bidding for end of transfer. also would like to see where i finished in the bidding as well thanks

30th Nov 15 4:05 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
Remove the ability to club hop.

How would you like to see this work, Lemmy?

30th Nov 15 4:21 PM
mitchell
Posts 481
Quote:

Personally I'd like to see new managers able to change clubs once if they wanted to but only once. After your first move you could only change clubs again after 3 or maybe 5 seasons. Also if it were me I'd probably allocate clubs for movers rather than allow applying on the vacant clubs list

(I know I'm not Lemmy but thought I'd throw my thoughts out there anyway!)

30th Nov 15 5:22 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:

I hope you don't mind me sharing my thoughts on the topic without forcing them on anybody else, it's just my humble opinion.

I think using restrictive measures would be wrong and do more damage than good in this case. Providing more benefits in staying on with your club and building it would work better. The best way I feel this could have been addressed would have been at the start of the game, but maybe some things may be tweaked as we go.

An exception to the above is the fact one of the major incentives to hop is newly generated superstars - I appreciate those are needed to ensure new managers don't lag behind too much and get an equal start with everybody who got the same shot at a healthy squad structure regardless of when they signed up. Perhaps we could see a different generator for abandoned clubs capping the potential of newly created players (or greatly reducing the chance of superstars popping up in there) - and have them created and replacing random players when a new manager is being appointed in a separate mechanic? No idea how hard that would be to code.

An example of a beneficial policy would be expanding the Academy options so that long-term managers could produce their own good players. I know we don't fully see how it works right now and it could do just that in the long run, but I see that as part of the problem. If it worked in a more intuitive way, could be upgraded, or functioned in a way not so dependent on credits alone; if it could reward superstar players regardless of club stature and rating; if it was self-explanatory in a way that would prevent inexperienced managers from filling their squads with completely useless players just because they are young and ultimately capping their progress through adopting an otherwise logical but utterly inefficient policy - that would quite help I guess.

In essence, I don't think a simple measure of "you can only change clubs once 5 seasons" would truly address the problem (if we assume it is a problem) and we need to delve deeper into the layers of the game that cause club hopping to begin with and make it a rewarding path to chase. The part of it that is forced on managers because they messed up something badly in their old club and jumped to kind of repeat the process needs to be addressed; the part of it that is a legitimate way to play the game needs to be preserved though as it is one of the facets that bring variety in how to approach the game. Becoming more and more rigid will just push away different factions of managers and make the game lose some of its population - which is too low anyway.

30th Nov 15 7:15 PM
Lemmy
Posts 469
Quote:

Have been giving this a lot of thought. I can see that some movement is needed.

Well, there appear to be 4 reasons for club hopping.

1. To get a higher rated team.

This to me should be a no no. If you want a better team then do it yourself.
If someone leaves a top rated team then it should be reset completely including players to the division average, as the money is.

2. To start again at the bottom.

There are those who after many seasons want a fresh start which is fair enough.

3. Because you've messed up badly.

This does happen unfortunately and it would be better to retain the manager than lose them.

4. To be in the same world as your mates.

I understand this, so this should be allowed.

For 2,3 &4 you should either be allocated a club or have to apply for one in the bottom rated 100 only.

Another alternative for 4 would be to enable the club you are at to be moved at the end of the season, into another world, providing there is a caretaker team that can be swapped for.

30th Nov 15 9:14 PM
Firesilver
Posts 976
It's pretty simple. Fully reset (including stadium and whole squad) any club that is moved to just before it gets moved to. This means there is no way you could be moving to a better club.

Moving clubs should be seen as failure to do the job at your current level, not an opportunity to move to a club with more potential and/or seats.

This applies whether you're resigning from your current club or if you've been sacked.

30th Nov 15 9:23 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
It's pretty simple. Fully reset (including stadium and whole squad) any club that is moved to just before it gets moved to. This means there is no way you could be moving to a better club.

Moving clubs should be seen as failure to do the job at your current level, not an opportunity to move to a club with more potential and/or seats.

This applies whether you're resigning from your current club or if you've been sacked.

+1

Fully agree.

This ensures that moving clubs is simply starting again at the bottom.

I'd also move them all to the bottom division at the end of the season, so that new managers are generally competing against similar teams in Division 5.

30th Nov 15 10:10 PM
Denny
Posts 377
I still think you need a bit of a balance. In real life managers move to better clubs. Surely it's just a different way of playing the game?

30th Nov 15 10:22 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by Denny
I still think you need a bit of a balance. In real life managers move to better clubs. Surely it's just a different way of playing the game?

+1

Also to Kevin's post.

30th Nov 15 10:27 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by scotty1962
Close formation set up at least 3 or 4 hours before the game starts. Some of us gimps cant be here just before the warm-up!

Mod Edit: Please refrain from swearing please

Scotty, maybe some people can't be there 3 or 4 hours before the game starts. Moving the deadline to another time would be pointless: managers who change formations and/or tactics at the last minute would still be able to do so, but at a point 3 or 4 hours before kick-off.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game