ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
30th Nov 15 10:31 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
I apologize if this was mentioned, but could we get a manager name search button for inbox messages? I'd like to be able to find correspondence with specific managers without browsing dozens of pages each time

30th Nov 15 10:33 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
Quote:
Originally posted by Denny
I still think you need a bit of a balance. In real life managers move to better clubs. Surely it's just a different way of playing the game?

This game doesn't mirror real life though. At least not in that respect.

In real life managers don't just move clubs because they see a better one/richer one with potential star players or bigger stands or because there's a much bigger one.

It's the boards that choose the managers - based on a variety of criteria. I can't see the game offering the level of complexity needed to make it fair.

Do you want to see managers winning the major trophies just because they got lucky and moved to a bigger club when it became vacant?

30th Nov 15 10:39 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
Originally posted by Muffin

Do you want to see managers winning the major trophies just because they got lucky and moved to a bigger club when it became vacant?

Do you think this will be as possible as it is now the longer the game advances though? It's not like just anybody will be able to hop in a super club just as one appears available, you'd face competition and beat it off based on merit of your managerial successes. Maybe not a flawless system but it's not completely arbitrary either.

On the other hand, completely nullifying any progress a club has made when a manager leaves, as proposed earlier, would only open up a quickly growing gap between the leading pack and their direct competitors. It sounds a bit harsh as no club would implode, destroy its ground and erase any progress just because a manager left, that wouldn't make sense.

I'm saying that from the shoes of a fierce loyalist who enjoys building a single club most by the way

1st Dec 15 12:44 AM
GuruGreg
Posts 15
There should be a listing for player birthdays, especially for the youth academy. It shouldn't come as a surprise when someone turns 18 to be promoted, or turns 16 to allow for promotion. It just seems weird to have this be a mystery when in real life it would be basic information on a player.

1st Dec 15 12:52 AM
PH3NIX
Posts 212
Quote:
Originally posted by GuruGreg
There should be a listing for player birthdays, especially for the youth academy. It shouldn't come as a surprise when someone turns 18 to be promoted, or turns 16 to allow for promotion. It just seems weird to have this be a mystery when in real life it would be basic information on a player.
If you keep an eye on your players there is no mystery about it at all.Just a part of the game where you have to put some effort into finding out.

1st Dec 15 1:19 AM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
Originally posted by PH3NIX
If you keep an eye on your players there is no mystery about it at all.Just a part of the game where you have to put some effort into finding out.

I'd say it was a fair point though, why should a birthday be something you have to watch out for on a daily basis, it does make sense to have full access to that information as the club manager without micromanagement and keeping separate records.

1st Dec 15 4:33 AM
PH3NIX
Posts 212
Quote:
Originally posted by KevinHann
I'd say it was a fair point though, why should a birthday be something you have to watch out for on a daily basis, it does make sense to have full access to that information as the club manager without micromanagement and keeping separate records.
Sorry disagree particularly where the academy is concerned,then again there is no reward for putting the extra effort in. So maybe like other things that have have been given out why cant they come with a DOB.

1st Dec 15 4:41 AM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
Sorry disagree particularly where the academy is concerned,then again there is no reward for putting the extra effort in. So maybe like other things that have have been given out why cant they come with a DOB.

I noticed you disagree, you made it clear with your previous post, I just support the opinion of the person you responded to in this occasion I'd like to see extra effort rewarded, too, but in places where that makes sense. Birthdays don't. Just my humble opinion

2nd Dec 15 1:12 AM
GuruGreg
Posts 15
Quote:

I get your stance, but disagree with your evaluation. I can watch my players every day and see it finally increase, but it's still a mystery. In fact, I record in my academy logs whenever they do change.

It just doesn't make sense that I have to do that.

4th Dec 15 3:50 PM
KyranLFC
Posts 10
Not sure if it's been mentioned before but i'd like to see a big change in how the league prize money is calculated. The difference between winning a division and finishing mid table is negligible at best, and think it would motivate teams much more to try and finish in the highest place possible. Seems to me there isn't much difference between finishing 17th or 4th in the lower leagues.

I know the payout is also dependent on the strength of the division but think this could be tweaked as well, as i think teams in the top divisions deserve to be getting noticeably more money than the lowest division, and again it gives much more motivation to try and achieve promotion. The system as it stands could remain, but there could be an additional figure added to the number depending on the division level it div 1 gets extra 1M, div 2 gets extra 750k etc, or something to that level. Obviously an extra 250k isn't much for being in a higher division and is just an example, but after a few seasons it begins to add up.

I know that changes like this will make it more difficult for lower division clubs, but as a manager who enjoys being in charge of a team near the bottom, i think it would represent a more realistic challenge and would welcome it.

4th Dec 15 4:02 PM
Ziggy
Posts 104
This will happen as the game develops Kyran. There will be more difference this season than there was last as clubs get stronger and weaker. Then there will be even more difference next season. Etc. Etc.

4th Dec 15 5:07 PM
KyranLFC
Posts 10
Quote:
Originally posted by Ziggy
This will happen as the game develops Kyran. There will be more difference this season than there was last as clubs get stronger and weaker. Then there will be even more difference next season. Etc. Etc.

I know it will for the divisions but even before the update there weren't usually very big differences until you got to the premiership. My main point was the money gained based on position in the league, i'm guessing that doesn't differ much even when the leagues become stronger?

4th Dec 15 5:17 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
Originally posted by KyranLFC
I know it will for the divisions but even before the update there weren't usually very big differences until you got to the premiership. My main point was the money gained based on position in the league, i'm guessing that doesn't differ much even when the leagues become stronger?

Isn't the Inter Cup intended to reward the extra prize money to those in the top three spots (top six for Prem), albeit in a bit more interactive way?

4th Dec 15 5:33 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
The Inter Cup needs a bit of a rethink in terms of the rewards available. I'm mostly thinking about the non-monetary rewards such as ranking points.

Over time it's clear that the hardest cup to win will be the top level (platinum cup) which will eventually comprise most of the top 30 clubs in the game.

It will, therefore, be much harder for the teams in this competition to gain a reward. Whereas teams in the other cups (and especially the other 3 prem teams) will have a much easier competition to win.

As things stand it would probably be a benefit to most teams to finish 4th in the Prem rather than 2nd or 3rd and get an easier Inter Cup the following season.

4th Dec 15 5:39 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
The Inter Cup needs a bit of a rethink in terms of the rewards available. I'm mostly thinking about the non-monetary rewards such as ranking points.

Over time it's clear that the hardest cup to win will be the top level (platinum cup) which will eventually comprise most of the top 30 clubs in the game.

It will, therefore, be much harder for the teams in this competition to gain a reward. Whereas teams in the other cups (and especially the other 3 prem teams) will have a much easier competition to win.

As things stand it would probably be a benefit to most teams to finish 4th in the Prem rather than 2nd or 3rd and get an easier Inter Cup the following season.

Couldn't that be partly offset by adjusting prize money in the different versions of the competition?

4th Dec 15 5:39 PM
Firesilver
Posts 977
Quote:

To avoid draws like the top ranked team in the game away in round 1... yeah, I could probably agree with that.

4th Dec 15 5:50 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
Quote:
Couldn't that be partly offset by adjusting prize money in the different versions of the competition?

To some extent, but it's like comparing apples and oranges. You can't fix everything with prize money adjustments.

For many clubs at the top level, the money won't be so important as the non-monetary rewards.

Welcome as they are, the real issue is that many of these developments are rushed through without sufficient thought of the long-term consequences. I think we all want a game where clubs and managers are rewarded fairly for their achievements and not a system that has many anomalies.

Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
To avoid draws like the top ranked team in the game away in round 1... yeah, I could probably agree with that.

Yeah, that's a case in point. There'll be something similar every season.

4th Dec 15 6:10 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
To some extent, but it's like comparing apples and oranges. You can't fix everything with prize money adjustments.

For many clubs at the top level, the money won't be so important as the non-monetary rewards.

Depends, there is a different angle you could look at it from, an extra challenge to stay on top when you are already there.

4th Dec 15 6:25 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
I'm trying not to be drawn into this - as far as I'm aware this thread is meant to be for suggestions and not a discussion thread per se. It might be best to debate ideas in other threads.

Quote:
Depends, there is a different angle you could look at it from, an extra challenge to stay on top when you are already there.

I agree with that in principle, but I don't think it applies here.

If that were the case then there should be no inter cup for the top teams at all. It's meant as some kind of extra challenge with a reward. This is mostly about the anomaly created where teams get rewarded unequally for their league finishing position and is not about club ranking per se.

For example, a team ranked 100th finishes 3rd in the Prem and gets into the top level, whereas a team ranked 20th might finish 4th in the same league and get a much easier chance for prize money and points. That doesn't seem right.

4th Dec 15 6:30 PM
Carax
Posts 626
Quote:
I'm trying not to be drawn into this - as far as I'm aware this thread is meant to be for suggestions and not a discussion thread per se. It might be best to debate ideas in other threads.

+1. Maybe there should be a seperate thread discussing?

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game