ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
4th Dec 15 6:35 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
Quote:
Originally posted by Carax
+1. Maybe there should be a seperate thread discussing?

Good idea, why don't we make one?

Suggestions from this thread can then be quoted as necessary.

4th Dec 15 7:00 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
Originally posted by Muffin
Good idea, why don't we make one?

Suggestions from this thread can then be quoted as necessary.

Thank you - maybe a mod can clean up the thread from our conversation to keep it to the point, including this post, if necessary?

I apologize for the distraction, and definitely didn't mean any of my posts to undermine anybody's opinion or suggestion.

14th Dec 15 3:37 PM
mcdude90
Posts 5
Under Club->Profile have a new page/tab that contains all your teams league record for each season so you can compare previous seasons

Season, Div, W, D, L, F, A, GD, Pts

Could be summary as above or separate home and away as below

Season, Div, W, D, L, F, A, W, D, L, F, A, GD, Pts

Also a cup record so you see which round you got to each season

And it would be good a have player history too for each season
Top goalscorer
Most assists
Most yellow cards
Most red cards
Most man of the match awards

15th Dec 15 12:19 AM
Archaon
Posts 7
This might have been mentioned before but some kind of watch list of transfer targets would be helpful (admittedly more helpful whilst all the leagues are available). Saves you from remembering the players you've looked at and were interested in, or not.

21st Dec 15 3:48 PM
Carax
Posts 626
The possibity to block spammers who use mass PMs. Or limit the ability to mods to send mass pms. This is annoying. The forums are there for a reason. Still this garbage goes on.

6th Jan 16 10:53 PM
scotty1962_2nd
Posts 7
League Cup finals should be played at the leagues biggest stadium, AND sold out.

Also the Inter Cup and IAG SuperCup finals, should be played at the games biggest stadium, and all Cup finals should be sold out by default.

7th Jan 16 10:12 AM
Jija
Posts 72
Quote:
Originally posted by scotty1962_2nd
League Cup finals should be played at the leagues biggest stadium, AND sold out.

Also the Inter Cup and IAG SuperCup finals, should be played at the games biggest stadium, and all Cup finals should be sold out by default.
Agree with the biggest stadium suggestion, but at what price does the stadium get sold out? Or are you suggesting this is set automatically?

7th Jan 16 10:22 AM
mitchell
Posts 481
Quote:
Originally posted by scotty1962_2nd

I wouldn't necessarily agree with the automatic sell out but I do agree that the attendances should reflect the stage of the competition a bit more with cup matches not attended so much worse than the league. I sell out and have an oversubscription of my 6500 stadium each match but due to being in at a neutral stadium of 8500 against the 3rd ranked club in IAG I dropped the price by 2 to reflect the bigger stadium assuming we'd sell out only to see an attendance of just over 5000, the cup attendances don't seem to make any sense, a 2000 attendance drop with 2 tp reduction against a big club?

7th Jan 16 10:36 AM
mackfishy
Posts 56
I'd like to be able to view league cup results from all worlds

7th Jan 16 12:07 PM
ShadowHawk
Posts 8
Quote:
Originally posted by mitchell
I wouldn't necessarily agree with the automatic sell out but I do agree that the attendances should reflect the stage of the competition a bit more with cup matches not attended so much worse than the league. I sell out and have an oversubscription of my 6500 stadium each match but due to being in at a neutral stadium of 8500 against the 3rd ranked club in IAG I dropped the price by 2 to reflect the bigger stadium assuming we'd sell out only to see an attendance of just over 5000, the cup attendances don't seem to make any sense, a 2000 attendance drop with 2 tp reduction against a big club?

I agree with you, automatically selling out in semis and final shouldn't be a given and perhaps the suggestion is the max tp of 50? After all, this version is supposed to be controlling money to make it fairer so this would mean the better clubs get further reward.

Certainly the attendance should reflect the stage of the competition.

There has always been an issue with neutral grounds. The "home" team sets the tp and their ranking and fan base determines the crowd size. I have seen semis where 1 tie was significantly undersubscribed at tp 30s whereas the other semi was massively oversubscribed at tp 50.

7th Jan 16 12:20 PM
stripey
Posts 6,141
Wouldn't the fairest method for neutral ground fixtures be for both managers to set the TP independently? Divide the ground up into two virtual halves, and then the game calculates the receipts for each manager according to the attendance for each half. The match is described as "all-ticket". It would take extra coding, of course.

For example - neutral ground size is 12000.

Manager 1 sets TP of 20 and gets a full house for his half - receipts 120,000.
Manager 2 sets TP of 25 and gets 75% attendance - receipts 112,500.

7th Jan 16 4:45 PM
Firesilver
Posts 969
Quote:
Originally posted by ShadowHawk
There has always been an issue with neutral grounds. The "home" team sets the tp and their ranking and fan base determines the crowd size.

I believe there may also be other factors in the equation... but I don't have enough evidence to be certain.

8th Jan 16 2:11 PM
KyranLFC
Posts 10
Any chance of having the training help page changed? Its been wrong for years and would be much more helpful to everyone (especially beginners) if the information there was accurate. For instance it doesn't even list concentration as one of the attributes that weight training improves, and crosses isn't even on there at all. Surprised it wasn't changed long ago to be honest.

8th Jan 16 4:09 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
Quote:
Originally posted by KyranLFC
Any chance of having the training help page changed? Its been wrong for years and would be much more helpful to everyone (especially beginners) if the information there was accurate. For instance it doesn't even list concentration as one of the attributes that weight training improves, and crosses isn't even on there at all. Surprised it wasn't changed long ago to be honest.

+1

9th Jan 16 11:36 AM
HenryM
Posts 35
Quote:
Originally posted by Muffin
The Inter Cup needs a bit of a rethink in terms of the rewards available. I'm mostly thinking about the non-monetary rewards such as ranking points.

Over time it's clear that the hardest cup to win will be the top level (platinum cup) which will eventually comprise most of the top 30 clubs in the game.

It will, therefore, be much harder for the teams in this competition to gain a reward. Whereas teams in the other cups (and especially the other 3 prem teams) will have a much easier competition to win.

As things stand it would probably be a benefit to most teams to finish 4th in the Prem rather than 2nd or 3rd and get an easier Inter Cup the following season.

Perhaps club ranking should be changed to use something similar to elo ranking in chess. That way the ranking of you opponent relative to your ranking dictates ranking changes.

12th Jan 16 3:20 AM
KyranLFC
Posts 10
One thought just popped into my head as a major improvement to the transfers on this game (a bit late after the discussion i know.) Currently you can only really buy a player when they are put for sale by the seller manager unless you want to trawl through countless clubs looking at their players and then messaging the manager if they are willing to sell.

My proposal would be that it is made easier to search for players not currently on the market, and could maybe limited so you can only view the players in your current league i don't know. So really just a simple screen where you add in some parameters such as age, position etc and then a search will bring a list of players to your disposal.

To further this, when viewing a player you could have a shortcut that will open up a dialog and allow you to put in a 'bid amount' which could be sent to the manager as a PM in a specified template saying "X would like to buy player Y for Z amount" etc. From here the manager can choose to list the player and send an accept response or ignore/reject.

Obviously a bit more thought could go into this but i'm just rattling off some ideas off the top of my head, but i do think it would mean players are more active in the transfer market. For instance i could do with buying some players at the moment but the players on the market are mostly useless or too expensive, and i don't have the time or willpower to look through teams and see if there's anyone i'm interested in.

12th Jan 16 5:36 AM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Quote:
One thought just popped into my head as a major improvement to the transfers on this game (a bit late after the discussion i know.) Currently you can only really buy a player when they are put for sale by the seller manager unless you want to trawl through countless clubs looking at their players and then messaging the manager if they are willing to sell.

My proposal would be that it is made easier to search for players not currently on the market, and could maybe limited so you can only view the players in your current league i don't know. So really just a simple screen where you add in some parameters such as age, position etc and then a search will bring a list of players to your disposal.

To further this, when viewing a player you could have a shortcut that will open up a dialog and allow you to put in a 'bid amount' which could be sent to the manager as a PM in a specified template saying "X would like to buy player Y for Z amount" etc. From here the manager can choose to list the player and send an accept response or ignore/reject.

Obviously a bit more thought could go into this but i'm just rattling off some ideas off the top of my head, but i do think it would mean players are more active in the transfer market. For instance i could do with buying some players at the moment but the players on the market are mostly useless or too expensive, and i don't have the time or willpower to look through teams and see if there's anyone i'm interested in.

Well while scoffing [morning all ] my cornflakes I thought Id quickly check my team...etc..etc...before getting ready for work, and spotted this fantastic idea!

You could possibly use the similar system as you do when setting parameters for finding a yth player, although this would be for searching for a senior player in the database.

So it'd be like - GK ... 28...and so on, the criteria does a search through the leagues, comes up with lets say 10 possibles and you could then approach the managers and see if they want to sell. Or it could even be done as a direct transfer, cutting down not only on listing fees, but also, not having to pay over 5 million for a geriatric GK !!

I like this idea, nice 1 Kryan !

Ewwww, thats the smell of burning toast !!!!!!!

12th Jan 16 7:12 AM
Denny
Posts 377
Quote:

Thanks, Kyran. I'll see if Ron can change it. Although admin have access to change the Help Files, I don't think we can change the link on the training page.

18th Jan 16 10:29 AM
ShadowHawk
Posts 8
Firesilver's teams to win every game they play.

18th Jan 16 10:36 AM
Muffin
Posts 211
Quote:
Originally posted by ShadowHawk
Firesilver's teams to win every game they play.

Nice idea. Ron will get right on it.

The impossible we do immediately, miracles take a little longer.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game