ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
« Prev123Next »
13th Jan 16 12:52 PM
IAG_moderator
Posts 11
Transfer Market Update: The Banning of Swap Deals
After careful consideration, it has been decided that swap deals are no longer to be permitted.
They were going to be ruled out in any case as part of the new transfer system, however this change is being brought forward.

Those currently participating in swap deals should withdraw them, or risk losing out. Changes have been implemented which mean the system will prevent more than one transaction between any two managers in any 56-day period.

In future, If you become aware of a transaction that you believe to be part of a swap deal, or you are contacted by someone trying to instigate one, please contact a member of Admin immediately.

The Admin Team

13th Jan 16 12:59 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
Shame a few unscrupulous transactions spoil it for everyone else. But, on balance, this is probably a good way forward.

13th Jan 16 1:00 PM
Scolly
Posts 16
Fingers crossed this deflates the cost of decent players now!

13th Jan 16 1:24 PM
camescu
Posts 167
This brings me to a semi related question. Just seen the one transaction between 2 clubs but and realised I've got 2 bids in on players from the same club. Both end the same time. What do I do?

In all honesty I probably won't make it to negs for either, but I'd be happy with either if I'm not allowed both.

13th Jan 16 1:26 PM
bcagfc
Posts 154
Good work.

I only did one swap deal on IAG2 and it felt morally wrong....didn't do it again.

Some managers always like to push the boundaries, even the ones who have been banned before.

13th Jan 16 1:27 PM
KafkaStoleMyBike
Posts 31
Quote:
Originally posted by Muffin
Shame a few unscrupulous transactions spoil it for everyone else. But, on balance, this is probably a good way forward.

Hear, hear. I have bid on two players from the same club before, and it's a shame to lose that ability (though admittedly rare), but definitely a big step in the right direction.

13th Jan 16 1:48 PM
ShadowHawk
Posts 8
Quote:

Swap deals spoil it for everybody else, that's the point.

13th Jan 16 2:27 PM
mitchell
Posts 481
Good decision, very good decision.

That being said is there going to be something coded to enforce the 56 day rule because speaking for myself I rarely even look at who I'm buying from. I've bought 5 players so far in this game and I couldn't tell you any of the teams I bought them from so could accidently break the rules without knowing it. Also if I sell a player I have no power to prevent anybody bidding so someone I've previously bought from could bid without me knowing it.

13th Jan 16 2:31 PM
zwaluwen
Posts 7
Please explane in a easy way what's a swap deal?

13th Jan 16 2:37 PM
ShadowHawk
Posts 8
Quote:
Originally posted by zwaluwen
Please explane in a easy way what's a swap deal?

Example: You have a young defender I want and prepared to swap him for an older striker which you need to improve your squad. If you are happy with that, you pay me 5M for the striker, I will pay you 9M for your defender. The prices asked for freeze everybody else out.

13th Jan 16 3:10 PM
camescu
Posts 167
Quote:
Originally posted by camescu
This brings me to a semi related question. Just seen the one transaction between 2 clubs but and realised I've got 2 bids in on players from the same club. Both end the same time. What do I do?

In all honesty I probably won't make it to negs for either, but I'd be happy with either if I'm not allowed both.

2 days left.

13th Jan 16 3:18 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
Surely more than one transaction should be okay.

It's only a possible swap if you have players going in both directions. I see no need for restrictions that limit 2 purchases or 2 sales with the same club.

13th Jan 16 4:13 PM
ShadowHawk
Posts 8
Quote:

It's only a possible swap if you have players going in both directions. I see no need for restrictions that limit 2 purchases or 2 sales with the same club.

I agree, I am sure monitoring is already in place to pick up regular dealings between 2 clubs and I wouldn't consider 2 transfers in 1 direction in 56 days excessive.

13th Jan 16 4:27 PM
RocketmanGav
Posts 185
Quote:

Probably more a coding issue. Much more simple to put a ban between teams after a single transfer than to set it up so a team can continue to purchase from the same team again.

13th Jan 16 4:36 PM
Ziggy
Posts 104
I understand why you have done this but it is likely to hamper more honest managers than those who were bending the rules. Personally, I had no problem with swap deals even though I didn't get into any.

13th Jan 16 4:39 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
Quote:
Originally posted by RocketmanGav
Probably more a coding issue. Much more simple to put a ban between teams after a single transfer than to set it up so a team can continue to purchase from the same team again.

It's a little simpler granted, but really not much.

You have a field somewhere that says Team A and Team B can't do any transactions for 56 days.

Instead of one field you just need 2 fields.

After a sale to Team A, then Team B can't bid on Team A's players for 56 days.
After a sale to Team B, then Team A can't bid on Team B's players for 56 days.

Not really much more difficult.

13th Jan 16 4:45 PM
Ziggy
Posts 104
Quote:
Originally posted by IAG_moderator
After careful consideration, it has been decided that swap deals are no longer to be permitted.
They were going to be ruled out in any case as part of the new transfer system, however this change is being brought forward.

Those currently participating in swap deals should withdraw them, or risk losing out. Changes will be implemented in the next few days which mean the system will prevent more than one transaction between any two clubs in any 56-day period.

In future, If you become aware of a transaction that you believe to be part of a swap deal, or you are contacted by someone trying to instigate one, please contact a member of Admin immediately.

The Admin Team

Will this include 2nd accounts?
EG. Will Manager A and Manager B be prevented from trading with Manager A 2nd and Manager B 2nd within the same ban period?

13th Jan 16 4:46 PM
HenryM
Posts 35
Quote:
It's a little simpler granted, but really not much.

You have a field somewhere that says Team A and Team B can't do any transactions for 56 days.

Instead of one field you just need 2 fields.

After a sale to Team A, then Team B can't bid on Team A's players for 56 days.
After a sale to Team B, then Team A can't bid on Team B's players for 56 days.

Not really much more difficult.

Or an integer field and then the number of transactions has to be below the limiting value.

13th Jan 16 4:49 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
Quote:
Originally posted by HenryM
Or an integer field and then the number of transactions has to be below the limiting value.

It's not about the total number of transactions, Henry, but about not having any going in different directions. Counting the total number of them doesn't really help.

13th Jan 16 5:12 PM
rambocat
Posts 410
i was not against other managers doing swap deals, but had not intended to be involved in any. i think the one transaction between clubs limit is very unfortunate.
i don't know what transpired in any swap deals, but that limit set is the result for everyone else...

« Prev123Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game