ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
13th Jan 16 5:27 PM
HenryM
Posts 35
Quote:
Originally posted by Muffin
It's not about the total number of transactions, Henry, but about not having any going in different directions. Counting the total number of them doesn't really help.

Still easy to do through a single coded field

13th Jan 16 5:50 PM
Denny
Posts 377
Quote:
Originally posted by mitchell
Good decision, very good decision.

That being said is there going to be something coded to enforce the 56 day rule because speaking for myself I rarely even look at who I'm buying from. I've bought 5 players so far in this game and I couldn't tell you any of the teams I bought them from so could accidently break the rules without knowing it. Also if I sell a player I have no power to prevent anybody bidding so someone I've previously bought from could bid without me knowing it.

Yes, Ron is working on it so will make it impossible to make multiple transactions during the 56 day window.

13th Jan 16 6:19 PM
ShadowHawk
Posts 8
Quote:
Originally posted by Ziggy
Will this include 2nd accounts?
EG. Will Manager A and Manager B be prevented from trading with Manager A 2nd and Manager B 2nd within the same ban period?

I don't believe it was ever allowed for Manager A to transfer players to or from Manager A_2nd, so this change has no effect.

13th Jan 16 6:31 PM
PH3NIX
Posts 212
Rather than stop sales between 2 clubs shouldnt it be between managers firstly.

With the speed you can change clubs and have players on the market i would think banning sales to managers would be better than clubs. Or even better limit the number of clubs you can have in a season.Sorry another topic.

13th Jan 16 6:36 PM
Matt2001
Posts 418
Quote:
Originally posted by PH3NIX

With the speed you can change clubs and have players on the market i would think banning sales to managers would be better than clubs. Or even better limit the number of clubs you can have in a season.Sorry another topic.

+1

13th Jan 16 7:17 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:

Yes it should and it's been re worded

13th Jan 16 9:06 PM
Ziggy
Posts 104
Quote:
Originally posted by ShadowHawk
I don't believe it was ever allowed for Manager A to transfer players to or from Manager A_2nd, so this change has no effect.

I didn't explain myself very well.
I meant. Manager A sells overinflated priced player to Manager B who, in turn sells overinflated priced played to Manager A 2nd etc.
In other words, will managers banned from further trading with each other for a season also be banned from trading with each corresponding 2nd accounts?

13th Jan 16 9:25 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
I meant. Manager A sells overinflated priced player to Manager B who, in turn sells overinflated priced played to Manager A 2nd etc.
In other words, will managers banned from further trading with each other for a season also be banned from trading with each corresponding 2nd accounts?

We'll just be very vigilant Ziggy

13th Jan 16 9:26 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:

I'm not sure if that will be easy to code for Ron.

But rest assured, we will be monitoring transfers for such trades so managers should think 4 times before entering into a deal like this.

14th Jan 16 9:09 AM
Ziggy
Posts 104
I have a specific concern that I'm not prepared to share in the forum in case I inadvertently give something away that could be abused. If a mod would like to PM me, I will explain.

Mod edit: PM sent

14th Jan 16 9:27 AM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Good that it has been banned, been a long time coming but it is the right decision. Good work!

But there are other, although much harder to put together, work arounds.

May as well put it out there, since if it is known it will be easier to spot

3 man swap. Triangle of trades. You won't end up swapping, but much harder to put together, as you need 3 managers.

2 man (4 account) swap. Set up a square with you and your 2nd account account in opposite corners, likewise with other player. You don't trade with your 2nd account, nor a driect swap. Now that would take some engineering!

I am sure these won't happen, but possible.

14th Jan 16 9:29 AM
Rikimaru
Posts 11
Quote:
Originally posted by ShadowHawk

You missed the Point SH.

He is saying for example if Manager A 1st account buys from Manager B, can Manager A 2nd Account also buy from Manager B? and vice versa too

14th Jan 16 9:54 AM
PH3NIX
Posts 212
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoopie
Good that it has been banned, been a long time coming but it is the right decision. Good work!

3 man swap. Triangle of trades. You won't end up swapping, but much harder to put together, as you need 3 managers.

2 man (4 account) swap. Set up a square with you and your 2nd account account in opposite corners, likewise with other player. You don't trade with your 2nd account, nor a driect swap. Now that would take some engineering!

Bloody hell hoopie loosen the pants.People need to go to those lengths to get around the rules you just to have feel sorry for them they really cant have much of a life.

14th Jan 16 10:11 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
I have a specific concern that I'm not prepared to share in the forum in case I inadvertently give something away that could be abused. If a mod would like to PM me, I will explain.

PM sent Ziggy

14th Jan 16 11:03 AM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Bloody hell hoopie loosen the pants.People need to go to those lengths to get around the rules you just to have feel sorry for them they really cant have much of a life.

Agreed Ph3nix, but never under-estimate the length people go to "win" online games.

14th Jan 16 11:08 AM
RocketmanGav
Posts 185
Quote:

This would be classed as a swap deal and is therefore not allowed.

If 3 managers agree a swap we would hope to pick it up and then those managers will face the consequence.

The code Ron is putting in will in effect stop them from happening in the short run, however a manager could be prepared to wait 56 days to do the 2nd part. This would still be breaking the rules and managers will have to face the consequence.

14th Jan 16 11:15 AM
Ziggy
Posts 104
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
PM sent Ziggy

Thanks. Reply sent to you and stripey.

14th Jan 16 11:25 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Agreed Ph3nix, but never under-estimate the length people go to "win" online games.

Any swap deals where people deliberately try to circumvent the rules will be dealt with harshly.

14th Jan 16 2:37 PM
Watchoutfor
Posts 7
Quote:
Originally posted by Muffin
It's not about the total number of transactions, Henry, but about not having any going in different directions. Counting the total number of them doesn't really help.

Henry was coming at it from a programmer point of view. When you have an existing system with all its data modules setup and multiple transactions determining data values and the code running just so, then it's a much easier solution to just add another variable data piece with an integer value and when the code loops through this transaction you increment the data piece by one. Once this piece of data reaches a certain value then it becomes a restrictor for a similar transaction happening I.e. The route to the code is blocked.

Unfortunately many programs in the wild are coded like this and although the fix is quick, easy and painless, it's the impact these additional fixes unexpectedly have in future coding fixes that cause the drain in man hours. You know what the right fix is but the easy one is sooooo tempting, and tbh it works.... But you just know that if you've made one change then you will make another then another... Eventually they can start tripping each other up

Tbh I would feel more comfortable knowing the mods are given an entire list of transaction în .cvs format or something and let them manual trawl through looking for irregularities, they should know what is dodgy or not and it saves Ron wasting time coding something that will inevitably be recoded anyway.

WOF

1st Feb 16 10:59 PM
Rustyjack
Posts 36
Isn't the problem really the inflated prices which freeze others out? Any deal could be O.K if it is fair for others to be involved. In other words straight bids, which others can see and either bid higher or walk away.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game