ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Football Leagues and Cups
« Prev12345Next »
29th Aug 15 8:53 PM
Ziggy
Posts 104
FA Cup
Preliminary Round...

Cray Valley PM 0-3 Hastings United FC

It was a poor first half with the Us being the least bad and scoring a scrappy goal. The 2nd half however, was much better with Hastings passing the ball well and lots of good movement. We looked the higher division team we are then and it became very one sided. On a side note, I have never heard so much swearing from players in all the years I've been watching football. How embarrassing for the mother and daughter of the Cray striker who were sat next to me.
120 mile round trip and this time I was rewarded with a victory. £36 was a bit much for the Ipswich trip but £8 and a free programme was a fair price. It is also a new stadium ticked off and I have been to Portman Road several times.

29th Aug 15 9:17 PM
Wazza_RS_2nd
Posts 11
My team were knocked out in the extra preliminary round this season, but we were the lowest ranked team in the 4th qualifying round last season!

25th Oct 15 9:03 AM
almahaza
Posts 297
The team I used to play for, Whitehawk, have qualified for the first round. Good luck to them!

8th Dec 15 9:26 AM
stripey
Posts 6,151
I'm looking forward to our 3rd round trip to take on the Tigers at the KC.

8th Dec 15 9:27 AM
stripey
Posts 6,151
Quote:
Originally posted by almahaza
The team I used to play for, Whitehawk, have qualified for the first round. Good luck to them!

I remember that as a pretty rough area - I'm impressed!

8th Dec 15 12:55 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
I remember that as a pretty rough area - I'm impressed!
Ah yes, rough is probably a fair description.

I hope they can get through their second round replay, Everton in the next round will be a big boost to their finances if it comes off.

I'm hoping Brighton just put out a reserve side against Hull. I love the cup, but this year we need to be pragmatic.

8th Dec 15 6:25 PM
Ziggy
Posts 104
Quote:

I'm hoping Brighton just put out a reserve side against Hull. I love the cup, but this year we need to be pragmatic.

I don't. Those of us old enough to remember 1983 know how amazing another great run would be. No reason why we can't do well in both, many before us have.

8th Dec 15 6:53 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Quote:
Originally posted by Ziggy
I don't. Those of us old enough to remember 1983 know how amazing another great run would be. No reason why we can't do well in both, many before us have.
Yeah the great cup run that ended in us getting relegated. Let's concentrate on the league, we can win the FA cup next year.

9th Dec 15 5:15 PM
stripey
Posts 6,151
Quote:
Yeah the great cup run that ended in us getting relegated. Let's concentrate on the league, we can win the FA cup next year.

I agree with Ziggy on this one. The Cup run didn't get us relegated - we simply weren't strong enough to stay up.
This season, we could do with coming up against a top team just to see where we're really at.

And I certainly remember 1983!

9th Dec 15 6:20 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:

This season, we could do with coming up against a top team just to see where we're really at.

Your wish has come true!

9th Dec 15 7:23 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Quote:
I agree with Ziggy on this one. The Cup run didn't get us relegated - we simply weren't strong enough to stay up.

And I certainly remember 1983!
It's unlikely we'll win the cup, a big team would be something for the players and supporters to look forward to but it could be a distraction. We don't have the squad depth to lose any more players through unnecessary games and it's so tight at the top of the table that we need to keep completely focused.

We didn't stay up in 1983 because we were managed by a clown!

9th Dec 15 8:37 PM
Dougcfc78
Posts 90
I'm a old fashioned supporter but give me the FA cup over the crappy plastic champions league any day just love the fact that anybody can play anyone with a chance of beating them, plus I've been to some grounds if never thought of going to like staylebridge and I went to nearly all the 4 (yes 4) game against droyslden a few years back.
This season the spireites started with a 4-1 win at FC united of Manchester, and Saturday we got a 93rd minute equaliser against Walsall with the winners going to Brentford in the 3rd round. As far as I'm concerned there still is magic in the cup.

9th Dec 15 9:41 PM
stripey
Posts 6,151
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Your wish has come true!

ROFL!

11th Dec 15 3:45 PM
stripey
Posts 6,151
Quote:

We didn't stay up in 1983 because we were managed by a clown!

A bit unfair, as the "clown" was only an interim appointment - unless you're referring to Jimmy's style of dress.

11th Dec 15 4:50 PM
bcagfc_2nd
Posts 36
West Bromwich Albion v The Mighty Bristol City FC

What an exciting draw............................NOT!!!.

Although we can give old Tiny an earful or 5,000.

One day, we'll get a decent draw.

11th Dec 15 4:53 PM
stripey
Posts 6,151
Come to the Amex in the 4th round, then, Ian!

11th Dec 15 9:21 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Quote:
A bit unfair, as the "clown" was only an interim appointment - unless you're referring to Jimmy's style of dress.
Well he certainly wore clown shoes!

8th Jan 16 8:54 PM
stripey
Posts 6,151
Quote:
Well he certainly wore clown shoes!

Perhaps Hughton needs a pair of those with our trip to Hull tomorrow.

8th Jan 16 9:54 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Congratulations to Exeter. They should have won really.

8th Jan 16 9:56 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Quote:
Perhaps Hughton needs a pair of those with our trip to Hull tomorrow.
We might get our first glimpse of Ridgewell, Towell and Knockaert tomorrow. Also a few minutes of Lualua and Baldock.

Things are looking up again.

« Prev12345Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game