ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
11th Feb 20 6:37 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by BubbaGump
This is where I'm at atm. A little frustrated with the lack of improvements from the YA in the last 2 weeks

4 Baburin (61) 16 yrs
I Bacon (45) 15 yrs
K Oni (61) 14 yrs
W Kühlewein (60) 16 yrs
E Kane (52) 15 yrs
Z Belaouf (50) 16 yrs
F Figueroa (4 15 yrs
M Remian (46) 12 yrs

Looks promising, nonetheless, Bubba. Do you normally promote at 16, or wait longer?

11th Feb 20 9:00 PM
BubbaGump
Posts 473
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Looks promising, nonetheless, Bubba. Do you normally promote at 16, or wait longer?

Historically I promote the last few days when they're 17 but recently forced myself to promote earlier and have lost a few rejecting me.. so back to the old tactic

11th Feb 20 10:18 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Historically I promote the last few days when they're 17 but recently forced myself to promote earlier and have lost a few rejecting me.. so back to the old tactic
I've tended to offer promotion when they're 16 and have precisely two days left - usually it has worked.

12th Feb 20 9:09 PM
BubbaGump
Posts 473
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
I've tended to offer promotion when they're 16 and have precisely two days left - usually it has worked.

Interesting. I do believe the closer to the end of a contract may help chances.

12th Feb 20 9:32 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Interesting. I do believe the closer to the end of a contract may help chances.

You are undoubtedly correct Bubba.

I remember in the early days it was thought that the longer a youth was in the Academy, the greater the chance of him promoting, So managers were recruiting 11 year olds and keeping them for 6 or 7 seasons (well I was anyway...)

Then TopGun came along to say that the length of time in a youth's contract was what mattered, not necessarily how long he'd been in the Academy.

Well that put a slightly different complexion on things to say the least!

Oh, and you can see TG's youth promotion record a few posts above this to see how he's doing with his theory.

13th Feb 20 12:01 PM
Monamac1_2nd
Posts 756
I would normally promote when they are 17 with a couple of days left.

Do people ever renew when they are 17, know they turn 18 in say 25 days and keep them for that time, or would most promote in that instance?

13th Feb 20 1:09 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by Monamac1_2nd
I would normally promote when they are 17 with a couple of days left.

Do people ever renew when they are 17, know they turn 18 in say 25 days and keep them for that time, or would most promote in that instance?

Well it depends I suppose. If it was a while until his 18th birthday and they have been improving in recent weeks then I would probably renew his contract.

14th Feb 20 11:22 AM
Monamac1
Posts 119
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Well it depends I suppose. If it was a while until his 18th birthday and they have been improving in recent weeks then I would probably renew his contract.

thanks pleasant.

I do not always pay enough attention to the age change, but will bear in mind

14th Feb 20 11:30 AM
Monamac1_2nd
Posts 756
two of my youths-

one is now 73 rated 17 year old with 12 days remaining and feel like he has been 17 for a while

the other is 70 rated 17 year old with 22 days remaining.

before that I have a 17 year old that has never really developed and is below bang average with 7 days remaining.

do I try to promote the first chap early in the hope that if he fails ill get the next 2 or leave all to the last day or renew the contract and let them auto promote

critical season for the club

16th Feb 20 8:55 PM
wally
Posts 1,311
Iv just promoted my 1 st player in a long while Claasje Wyman was rated 57 but as im low on forwards i thought i would try and get him to stay at the club and to my surprise he stayed

16th Feb 20 9:20 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by wally
Iv just promoted my 1 st player in a long while Claasje Wyman was rated 57 but as im low on forwards i thought i would try and get him to stay at the club and to my surprise he stayed
Nice one!

17th Feb 20 3:50 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,357
I've marked Miyamoto for promotion at tonight's update. He is a 16-year-old with 34 days left on his contract. Unfortunately, I'd love to keep him in there for longer, but he's the only one available to promote at the moment.

He'll need to make way for a 14-year-old defender who is 44 rated with attributes of 40, 44 and 47. I'm hopeful of the promotion and also then of the new defender. This will mean no promotions for a while as I don't have anyone ready, so time to send the scouts out for other tasks.

17th Feb 20 4:35 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
Originally posted by Piper_FC
I've marked Miyamoto for promotion at tonight's update. He is a 16-year-old with 34 days left on his contract. Unfortunately, I'd love to keep him in there for longer, but he's the only one available to promote at the moment.

He'll need to make way for a 14-year-old defender who is 44 rated with attributes of 40, 44 and 47. I'm hopeful of the promotion and also then of the new defender. This will mean no promotions for a while as I don't have anyone ready, so time to send the scouts out for other tasks.

14 seems a little young, especially if your academy is already full (although the stats are decent indeed).

17th Feb 20 5:44 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by KevinHann
14 seems a little young, especially if your academy is already full (although the stats are decent indeed).

Kevin, why is this a little young?

17th Feb 20 7:25 PM
BubbaGump
Posts 473
Quote:

Not sure what you mean by that either.. every youth I recruit is 15 or under

17th Feb 20 7:59 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,357
Quote:

Young, eh? Interesting. What age do you normally recruit?

17th Feb 20 8:23 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,357
Quote:

Bunrakuken Miyamoto (7) has joined The Sauce and looks like a very solid promotion. I'll see how high I can train him and probably get him listed in the not-too-distant future. Pleased that he said yes!

17th Feb 20 8:37 PM
BubbaGump
Posts 473
Quote:
Bunrakuken Miyamoto (7) has joined The Sauce and looks like a very solid promotion. I'll see how high I can train him and probably get him listed in the not-too-distant future. Pleased that he said yes!

Nice youth promote that. You'll get about 15m for that gem.

18th Feb 20 12:14 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,357
Quote:
Nice youth promote that. You'll get about 15m for that gem.

I could do with that! We'll see what sort of a sale he nets me. I'm not sure if I'll train him up for a bit or get him to the market soon.

18th Feb 20 1:25 PM
Monamac1_2nd
Posts 756
Quote:
I could do with that! We'll see what sort of a sale he nets me. I'm not sure if I'll train him up for a bit or get him to the market soon.

nice youth mate, great money if he gets you that

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game