ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Off Topic
10th Jun 22 4:25 PM
FootballManager
Posts 295
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
The scan hasn't reported anuything.

I definitely recommend downloading Malwarebytes too, Pleasant.

Install the free version and run a full scan. It may take a little while.

10th Jun 22 7:21 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Originally posted by FootballManager
I definitely recommend downloading Malwarebytes too, Pleasant.

Install the free version and run a full scan. It may take a little while.

I'll give it a bash FM.

11th Jun 22 7:50 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Didn't come back with anything which is good I suppose.

I'm baffled as to what it was though..

11th Jun 22 8:06 PM
FootballManager
Posts 295
Quote:
Didn't come back with anything which is good I suppose.

I'm baffled as to what it was though..

Glad nothing was found by Norton or Malwarebytes. Sounds very odd as to what it was, have you recently installed any new programs in the time it had appeared?

11th Jun 22 8:35 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Originally posted by FootballManager
Glad nothing was found by Norton or Malwarebytes. Sounds very odd as to what it was, have you recently installed any new programs in the time it had appeared?

Not knowingly no.

22nd Jul 23 11:40 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Printer experts

Why, after years, has my printer decided to print my Word documents 1 cm higher up the page (but with the same left margin).

And why has it decided to print my Excel documents 1 cm to the left (but with the same margin at the top)

I hate it when things suddenly change for no apparent reason...

22nd Jul 23 11:56 PM
FootballManager
Posts 295
Quote:
Why, after years, has my printer decided to print my Word documents 1 cm higher up the page (but with the same left margin).

And why has it decided to print my Excel documents 1 cm to the left (but with the same margin at the top)

Printers are the worst part of working in IT!

It sounds like either the printer driver on your pc/laptop has updated and caused the print area to shift, or an MS Office update has inadvertently moved the print margins.

Are you able to move them back, or is it not playing ball?

23rd Jul 23 3:27 AM
roland68
Posts 972
Quote:

You mention this as two issues but it could be just one. Are you printing word docs in portrait mode and excel docs in landscape? If yes, it's just one problem that's being rotated.

To determine if it's caused by an MS office update as FM suggested above, try printing something from another source, your browser or a PDF o'r anything not part of office. Then let us know if it happens with that print out or not.

23rd Jul 23 11:38 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
You mention this as two issues but it could be just one. Are you printing word docs in portrait mode and excel docs in landscape? If yes, it's just one problem that's being rotated.

To determine if it's caused by an MS office update as FM suggested above, try printing something from another source, your browser or a PDF o'r anything not part of office. Then let us know if it happens with that print out or not.

Quite right roland, it is only 1 problem. Word documents are portrait and Excel documents are landscape.

Tried printing a browser page (portrait) and same problem - 1cm higher up than normal.

Must be my printer setting but I've no idea how to change them.

23rd Jul 23 4:20 PM
roland68
Posts 972
Quote:
Quite right roland, it is only 1 problem. Word documents are portrait and Excel documents are landscape.

Tried printing a browser page (portrait) and same problem - 1cm higher up than normal.

Must be my printer setting but I've no idea how to change them.

OK, so we've narrowed down the possible causes, but now it's a bit tricky without knowing your printer and computer..

Firstly, I'll assume that Mrs Pleasant hasn't cut 1cm off all your sheets of paper for a for a laugh but I expect you have checked that.

Secondly, I suggest you first try go into your printer settings on your laptop / PC.

Guessing it's Windows? If yes, depends on your Windows version but navigate to your printer device and check your printer preferences. There you can check settings such as "media type", "paper type", "page size", "page layout" and see if they are as expected. (If you're not sure what is "expected" then send me the details and I'll let you know if anything seems odd).

Thirdly, search internet for any issues with your printer model, windows version and "driver update" problems.

Or probably someone else here has some better knowledge and ideas.

23rd Jul 23 4:42 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Mrs P is not known for her practical jokes so I?ll explore the other suggestions you make.

Thanks

23rd Jul 23 6:35 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
I think I've cracked it, well half of it anyway.

For a word document I can amend the top and left margins to (roughly) what they were and set these as default. Seems to work fine.

But for Excel, yes I can change margins the same way BUT THERE ISN'T A SET AS DEFAULT BUTTON!! (Even going on google and it explains what I have done, it says press the 'set as default button' on the page layout dialog box. BUT THERE ISN't ONE!!!!!

Does anyone know how to set margins on an excel document as default?

24th Jul 23 10:11 AM
maddog17_2nd
Posts 397
Quote:
Does anyone know how to set margins on an excel document as default?

Should be in Page Layout - Margins - Custom Margins.

If you set it up it should save it for future printer (or I hope it will for you PS once set up).

24th Jul 23 2:12 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Originally posted by maddog17_2nd
Should be in Page Layout - Margins - Custom Margins.

If you set it up it should save it for future printer (or I hope it will for you PS once set up).

Spot on md. Thanks for that!

28th Sep 23 9:22 PM
pleasant_2nd
Posts 1,193
Asking this for a friend.. (ahem Mrs S actually)

Is there an easy way to find out what your gmail/google account password is?

Gone down the route of it sending a code (or something) to a phone. Unfortunately, the number is an old one no longer used. (Supplementary question: Is there a way of changing your contact phone number for google - WITHOUT HAVING TO ENTER YOUR STUPID PASSWORD!)

Whatever is done, it says it can't verify it's you. Sometimes it tells to go to g.co/recover for help but when you go there IT ASKS YOU TO ENTER YOUR PASSWORD!!

Just going round in circles here.

28th Sep 23 9:26 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 222
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasant_2nd
Asking this for a friend.. (ahem Mrs S actually)

Is there an easy way to find out what your gmail/google account password is?

Gone down the route of it sending a code (or something) to a phone. Unfortunately, the number is an old one no longer used. (Supplementary question: Is there a way of changing your contact phone number for google - WITHOUT HAVING TO ENTER YOUR STUPID PASSWORD!)

Whatever is done, it says it can't verify it's you. Sometimes it tells to go to g.co/recover for help but when you go there IT ASKS YOU TO ENTER YOUR PASSWORD!!

Just going round in circles here.

You'll need to speak with an advisor.

I had that with Pay-Pal last year. Spoke to someone and they sorted it.

28th Sep 23 9:34 PM
pleasant_2nd
Posts 1,193
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueBoar
You'll need to speak with an advisor.

I had that with Pay-Pal last year. Spoke to someone and they sorted it.

I suspect you may be right BB

Unless someone has a straightforward answer?

28th Sep 23 9:40 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasant_2nd
I suspect you may be right BB

Unless someone has a straightforward answer?
I'm sure BB is right about this - they'd have to be careful to keep the account secure.

28th Sep 23 10:38 PM
pleasant_2nd
Posts 1,193
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
I'm sure BB is right about this - they'd have to be careful to keep the account secure.

Yes I understand that.

I suppose it's her own fault for insisting she wanted a new number when she changed her phone and then not telling Google about the change.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game