ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Bugs & Site Issues
« Prev1Next »
11th Dec 18 3:12 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,357
Unable to message player with space in name
I'm interested in a player on the market and wanted to message the selling manager. However, when I try to message the manager, Le Professeur, I get the message:

The following manager cannot be found, please change: LeProfesseur

I have tried sending the message to his name without the space, with an underscore, with a period, with lower-case letters, etc. and have not found anything that the game will take. It's not really critical, but I wanted to bring this up as this might be true in other cases as well and there might be an easy workaround.

11th Dec 18 3:23 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Let me know if you find the solution, I've never been able to crack this one.

Kind of feels like one of those issues where the answer is "42".

11th Dec 18 3:32 PM
mitchell
Posts 481
I've never actually tried to type a managers name in to message them. I'm probably telling you something you know here but if you click on the managers name 'send message' is right under his name on his profile.

11th Dec 18 3:43 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
Originally posted by mitchell
I've never actually tried to type a managers name in to message them. I'm probably telling you something you know here but if you click on the managers name 'send message' is right under his name on his profile.

Would you try this one for us and tell us how it goes He is in Brazil, the top flight division.

11th Dec 18 4:09 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,357
Quote:
Originally posted by mitchell

That's how I did it and received the error message above.

Also, you can try to find his name by using the "Find..." button which brings up the "Search..." window that asks you to, "Find manager or club" by entering text. Again, the system returns 'Le Pofesseur' as you would expect as that's what also comes up from pressing the button you suggest under their manager name. When you try to send a message to that manager name when populated from the "Find..." button , it still returns an error.

11th Dec 18 4:19 PM
dazstag1967
Posts 52
Piper did you put anything in the subject box as this could be the reason it didn't send?

11th Dec 18 4:21 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,326
Yes, we've known about the message problem with this manager since early 2016 and we're not sure why there's a error in the messaging system.

No one can register now with a space in their username.

Le Professeur had a name change in IAG2 and his new name just carried forward. We think it might be something to do with this.

11th Dec 18 4:24 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,357
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Yes, we've known about the message problem with this manager since early 2016 and we're not sure why there's a error in the messaging system.

No one can register now with a space in their username.

Le Professeur had a name change in IAG2 and his new name just carried forward. We think it might be something to do with this.

Gotcha.

Any workaround?

11th Dec 18 4:59 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,326
Quote:
Originally posted by Piper_FC
Gotcha.

Any workaround?

None that we've been able to find.

11th Dec 18 5:07 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,357
Too bad, but it's not a big deal in this instance.

Probably something you've already tried, but if he sends a message, can the manager reply to it? That could be a different way to get the system to reveal how it stores his username.

11th Dec 18 5:19 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,326
Quote:
Originally posted by Piper_FC
Too bad, but it's not a big deal in this instance.

Probably something you've already tried, but if he sends a message, can the manager reply to it? That could be a different way to get the system to reveal how it stores his username.

I think it started with support request about something. Gav tried PM him to help resolve it but couldn't. We could only communicate with him via the support request facility.

Getting him to send a PM is tricky really...

11th Dec 18 5:47 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
I think it started with support request about something. Gav tried PM him to help resolve it but couldn't. We could only communicate with him via the support request facility.

Getting him to send a PM is tricky really...

Is it possible to actually change his name to a form the system will not meltdown from? Assuming he agrees of course.

11th Dec 18 6:37 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,326
Quote:
Originally posted by KevinHann
Is it possible to actually change his name to a form the system will not meltdown from? Assuming he agrees of course.

That has been considered but how to let him know and get his agreement?

News item maybe?

*Calling all managers named Le Professeur*...

Also, I'm not sure the system will recognise his original name - just like the messaging system doesn't.

11th Dec 18 6:51 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
So like I said, the answer is 42

11th Dec 18 6:53 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,326
Quote:
Originally posted by KevinHann
So like I said, the answer is 42

It always is.

11th Dec 18 7:05 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,357
Quote:
It always is.

Thanks for thinking through it all - good thing sending messages isn't a critical (or often even useful) part of the game. Please resume your regularly scheduled programming

« Prev1Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game