ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Off Topic
« Prev1Next »
21st Dec 18 1:03 PM
Denny
Posts 404
Gatwick Disruption
It's mad how one drone can cause so much disruption and misery to people. Been out cycling this morning and there's a couple of police cars camped near our village.

The most likely candidate is an environmentalist apparently. I'm wondering if it's the Russians. Seriously, they did say we'd regret throwing a load of their diplomats out the country. I can see Putin sníggering to himself as he pilots the drone from behind his desk.

21st Dec 18 1:25 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 3,440
They should have shot it down as soon as it appeared.

21st Dec 18 5:29 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 47
With as many as 50 sightings since the first which closed Gatwick, you'd have thought someone would have some idea what direction the drones went after being spotted.

On the Crawley side of the airport, there is an industrial complex, which is a possible area. However, they can be piloted from several miles away, which puts Crawley, Horley, Charlwood and Copthorne within range, especially as they appear to be industrial grade drones.

My opinion is that activism is a realistic view. It was clearly well planned in order for the perpetrators to avoid detection. Ruling out terrorism was a bit premature yesterday though!

I feel that this would have been a perfect cover for terrorist activity. With 20 police units focused on Gatwick, the MOD representation following that, an act of terror could have been carried out, such as a bomb near a terminal building carrying * thousands of passengers.

However, without that, Russia is a possibility that shouldn't be ruled out. A Russian vessel ran aground off our shores earlier in the week. They aren't to be trusted.

Gatwick has just closed again!

21st Dec 18 5:37 PM
Denny
Posts 404
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueBoar
With as many as 50 sightings since the first which closed Gatwick, you'd have thought someone would have some idea what direction the drones went after being spotted.

On the Crawley side of the airport, there is an industrial complex, which is a possible area. However, they can be piloted from several miles away, which puts Crawley, Horley, Charlwood and Copthorne within range, especially as they appear to be industrial grade drones.

My opinion is that activism is a realistic view. It was clearly well planned in order for the perpetrators to avoid detection. Ruling out terrorism was a bit premature yesterday though!

I feel that this would have been a perfect cover for terrorist activity. With 20 police units focused on Gatwick, the MOD representation following that, an act of terror could have been carried out, such as a bomb near a terminal building carrying * thousands of passengers.

However, without that, Russia is a possibility that shouldn't be ruled out. A Russian vessel ran aground off our shores earlier in the week. They aren't to be trusted.

Gatwick has just closed again!

I'm in Copthorne! I'm innocent! Honest, Guv!

Hadn't realised it had closed again. What a mess.

21st Dec 18 5:41 PM
Denny
Posts 404
Also agree that the police need to get a grip on this. They've had over 24 hours to down these drones. I know it's probably easier said than done, but...

21st Dec 18 7:06 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 47
It is a mess.

Our response to this should be swift in terms of security, but our reluctance to take dramatic action has resulted in 120,000 people having their travel plans curtailed. It makes my blood boil to be honest.

I accept that the authorities are looking for a needle in a haystack, but I stand by my earlier thoughts that somewhere is under threat of terrorist acts while the authorities dither over Gatwick and we (all) need to be vigilant.

I pray this is just some scroat with an axe to grind rather than anything more sinister, but I have a feeling in my water that something we least expect will happen. Call it sixth sense!

« Prev1Next »

Copyright © 2019 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game