ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Football Leagues and Cups
23rd Aug 19 9:52 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by porkpie
Lets hope it happens.

Absolutely

(Ithics)

23rd Aug 19 9:53 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by Piper_FC
As a Newcastle fan, I didn't think I'd be jealous of Sunderland for quite some time, but it looks like I might have been wrong

You'll be fine with the mighty Bruce at the helm

23rd Aug 19 9:59 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac

I won't hear anything against him to be honest.

He did fine for us...

23rd Aug 19 10:03 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
I won't hear anything against him to be honest.

He did fine for us...

Aye, he did. Started ok for us as well but then seemed to lose it.

I justthought it was funny when the Nufc fans thought they were getting Mourinho and ended up with Bruce.

23rd Aug 19 10:04 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,357
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac

Hopefully your takeover talk is more fruitful (and real) than our talk at the beginning of the summer.

23rd Aug 19 10:13 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by Piper_FC

Hopefully your takeover talk is more fruitful (and real) than our talk at the beginning of the summer.

So do i. At least one of the investors appears to be in town which makes it seem credible for now.

23rd Sep 20 7:05 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Good start for City in League 1... *sobs*...

3rd Feb 21 10:21 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Good start for City in League 1... *sobs*...

Doing a bit better now.

Bit of a setback last night when we got knocked out of the highly prestigious Papa Johns Trophy (ahem) by Lincoln City. On penalties.

Curse you James!

4th Feb 21 8:03 AM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Doing a bit better now.

Bit of a setback last night when we got knocked out of the highly prestigious Papa Johns Trophy (ahem) by Lincoln City. On penalties.

Curse you James!

I saw the penalties on the TV, that pitch is certainly old school

4th Feb 21 4:53 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoopie
I saw the penalties on the TV, that pitch is certainly old school

Didn't see any of it. Was the pitch really bad?

5th Feb 21 8:59 AM
jamesimp
Posts 1,985
Quote:
Doing a bit better now.

Curse you James!

I would happily swap it for a win in the league PS. Promotion to the Championship would be a huge achievement. I work with a Sunderland fan (plastic from Grantham) who made the mistake of saying we 'blow hot and cold' when they beat us a while back, he's had a real ribbing in the last few weeks.

5th Feb 21 9:00 AM
jamesimp
Posts 1,985
Quote:

I can honestly say (as a sunday league ref) I have no idea how it even started, forget finished, the ball wasn't rolling in a number of places.

5th Feb 21 5:06 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:

When the end for penalties is not decided by a coin flip but by which end is the least bad, you know it isn't good.

Any clever penalties were being saved as it was difficult to get footing with your standing leg, the best way was to just blast it straight knowing you were likely to slip and if you didn't know where the ball was going, the goalie had no chance.

5th Feb 21 5:35 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Sounds like the match should never have started.

5th Feb 21 8:30 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by jamesimp
I would happily swap it for a win in the league PS. Promotion to the Championship would be a huge achievement. I work with a Sunderland fan (plastic from Grantham) who made the mistake of saying we 'blow hot and cold' when they beat us a while back, he's had a real ribbing in the last few weeks.

Oh I think you'll comfortably win the League, having just watched the Gillingham match.

I'll be happy to finish second but we have to beware Donny...

6th Feb 21 9:08 PM
jamesimp
Posts 1,985
Quote:
Oh I think you'll comfortably win the League, having just watched the Gillingham match.

I'll be happy to finish second but we have to beware Donny...

Indeed we do, Oxford haven't lost for a fair few weeks until today....

10th Feb 21 8:10 AM
jamesimp
Posts 1,985
We drew and Donny lost PS, watched it on ifollow, not at all keen on your commentators there amber tinted glasses tend to taint there view of the game.

10th Feb 21 9:56 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
We drew and Donny lost PS, watched it on ifollow, not at all keen on your commentators there amber tinted glasses tend to taint there view of the game.

Aye, Fleetwood did us a favour last night. Pity we couldn't capitalise against you.

Who was commentating? Burns and Swann? They're not noted for their impartiality...

14th Feb 21 8:45 PM
jamesimp
Posts 1,985
Another week another twist Hull somehow lose to Burton, Donny lose at Sunderland and we get a fortunate draw at home to Accrington Stanley

14th Feb 21 11:01 PM
pleasant_2nd
Posts 1,193
Quote:
Another week another twist Hull somehow lose to Burton, Donny lose at Sunderland and we get a fortunate draw at home to Accrington Stanley

And then we go and lose at home to MK Dons...

Honestly, we are rubbish in the second half of a season.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game