ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Bugs & Site Issues
« Prev1Next »
29th Mar 17 8:12 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 227
What is the cut-off point where added-time changes to extra-time in cup games?
We had a thrilling Inter-Cup match this evening between Hardly Athletic & us (Turtlesim), including quite a few goals, but the goal in the 95th minute, looked to be the clincher at 3-2, when the match was still displayed as "2nd Half".

However, in the 96th minute, the match entered extra time with the scores not level!?!

I'm not complaining as we won the game on penalties and I accept that the way the game may be coded, you may not get a perfect transition between added time and extra time, but I was briefly deceived by the fact that Turtlesim were leading 3-2 as 2nd half was still displayed instead of extra time 1st half which unfortunately flagged up a minute later.

The most logical conclusion is that a maximum of five minutes extra time can be played after normal time has ended, whereby normal league fixtures end and player fatigue is updated.

But here is where my understanding differs...

If my player scored in the 95th minute, that would be *94.01 to *95.00 in real life games, but may be *94.30 to *95.29 in terms of coding. The former means I would still be playing the second half (as was indicated), whilst the latter depends on when the goal was scored within the range given. I can only presume the referee added 5 minutes on, which is plausible since the home side had an injury and a sending off, in normal time, but could it have been less than that?

I think this is an issue rather than a bug, but I am hoping somebody can shed some light for the benefit of greater understanding.

Cheers!

*minutes.seconds

« Prev1Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game