ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
17th May 16 1:23 PM
Jija
Posts 72
Again on this one, I'm not convinced. I think this panders too much to the "lazy" manager. I think changes to the TM and YA should be enough to improve things. So let's see.

17th May 16 1:28 PM
Aussie_Manager
Posts 76
Because I am such a lazy bugger, my team could really use the PA right now, great idea

17th May 16 1:43 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by Jija
Again on this one, I'm not convinced. I think this panders too much to the "lazy" manager. I think changes to the TM and YA should be enough to improve things. So let's see.

It's going to be good for anyone who's unlucky in the TM, though - at a cost.

17th May 16 2:40 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:

One thing that has to be weighed in is the fact the original population of players is gradually retiring, thus the quality of players (in terms of potential) in the game is dropping. We are not talking about 80-90+ players, think good mid-tier players and how many times people have complained these are as hard to come by as the top dogs on the market.

The only sources of replenishing those retirees are club resets and (supposedly) the academy. Resets just can't cut it for they are too few and too few of those players find their way on the market anyway.

Without the agents proposal we would be counting on the academy alone, but it will take much longer before it can have any impact on the game as it has to be coded in and then you'd have to wait several seasons more to nurture the players in it.

Now think how many teams will stall and decrease in quality as they fail to replace their retirees like for like. Some will, but since the overall number of players of that tier decreases, most will not.

It's up to each of us to judge if this is good, bad, or it doesn't matter. But in reality as far as the game as a whole is concerned, it is hugely detrimental as it drives managers away and furthers other issues.

Agents provide a natural solution to a gaping problem on top of everything else discussed. I don't think there is any issue with introducing them, the key is getting the balance right and adjusting whenever it is required.

17th May 16 5:34 PM
pahawkfan
Posts 18
Very positive. This seems to address an immediate need and provides some longer-term "game adjustment" ability to the boss.

17th May 16 6:29 PM
Ziggy
Posts 104
Quote:

I agree and it is the final straw. The game has slowly been ruined by making the game easier and easier in a vane attempt to keep bad players who will leave anyway. It is a different game to the one I grew to love. I also have a huge issue with the red card bug that, bizarrely, is still denied by the admin.
Good luck everyone. It has been a good 10 years with you.

17th May 16 7:15 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Originally posted by Ziggy
I agree and it is the final straw. The game has slowly been ruined by making the game easier and easier in a vane attempt to keep bad players who will leave anyway. It is a different game to the one I grew to love. I also have a huge issue with the red card bug that, bizarrely, is still denied by the admin.

Only Ron knows if it's a bug Ziggy.

I don't know if it is or it isn't. I do know that 10 men sometimes beat a full team.

I'm sorry you take that view about the ideas put forward. I think it will still be a game difficult to master but enjoyable to play, just as it always has been.

17th May 16 8:26 PM
PH3NIX
Posts 212
Quote:
Originally posted by Ziggy
You under value the input from those who came up with these ideas Ziggy. It was NOT the intention to make the game easier.People have been moaning about players only coming from reset clubs,To many people are taking Agents as a stand alone feature they need to be viewed alongside the much improved YA.If you think that has made the game easier you are mistaken as its going to require managers to actually do some thinking instead of just pushing buttons.

Sad to see an experienced manager chuck the towel in without giving the changes a decent crack.Hopefully once they are all in place we will have a game thats better not easier as it was never the TT brief to make the game easier.

17th May 16 10:42 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Ah, come on, Ziggy, you're a Seagull. We never give up on worthwhile causes. Stick around and give the tweaks a try.

PH3NIX is right to mention reset clubs. Too often those have been the ticket to riches for managers who have got things wrong with their previous team. The game's going to be harder for them, until they learn how to play this game better. The Player Agent idea should stop a good many experienced managers from throwing in the towel. Don't chuck yours in.

17th May 16 11:28 PM
Smiler
Posts 123
I don't think this is enough and does not look good. Really disappointed and such an important part of the game.

It has achieved very little in regards with reducing inflation and as for new users catching up using it lol. With what money?

18th May 16 12:14 AM
Smiler
Posts 123
This was so important to get right and it has done nothing.

18th May 16 12:25 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Originally posted by Smiler
I don't think this is enough and does not look good. Really disappointed and such an important part of the game.

It has achieved very little in regards with reducing inflation and as for new users catching up using it lol. With what money?

See how difficult it was in trying to come up with solutions?

On the one hand we have 2 experienced managers in Jija and Ziggy saying this will make things easier.

On the other hand we have another experienced manager in Smiler saying it does nothing to help new users.

Why don't we all just give the proposals a go?

Ron has said there's nothing absolutely set in stone here. If things aren't working as we'd hoped they can be adjusted/tweaked.

18th May 16 12:27 AM
Smiler
Posts 123
ok explain with numbers and examples how this will reduce inflation.

18th May 16 12:29 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
ok explain with numbers and examples how this will reduce inflation.

Hang on Smiler, I'll just get me crystal ball out...

18th May 16 12:31 AM
Smiler
Posts 123
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise

Just as I thought not discussed and you cannot. All I want is a few examples of how it will solve issues.

18th May 16 12:32 AM
mackfishy_2nd
Posts 74
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise

Inflation is already slowing down due to wage increases. This still has a season or so to go to see the beginning of the whole impact, and how things wil settle.

If player agents are going to be expensive necessities at times when players are retiring or injured then it's bound to take a substantial amount out of the game

18th May 16 2:33 AM
donnymayhem
Posts 14
Smiler, would you prefer they all sit on their hands and do nothing? Because it certainly sounds that way.

Unless you have something CONSTRUCTIVE to add, how about you keep your opinions to yourself.

18th May 16 4:45 AM
PH3NIX
Posts 212
Quote:
Just as I thought not discussed and you cannot. All I want is a few examples of how it will solve issues.
Sorry Smiler just how do you propose we have handled things then. Sorry but like i said to Ziggy bit unfair to just write these proposed changes off without giving them a try.

The changes need to be judged as a total package and not in isolation. Given the response of some im at a loss to understand just what some people wanted. Here was me thinking that the diverse group taking part in discussions had done a pretty good job given some had shown no signs of being able to agree on anything in the general forums.

Guess it just shows that no matter what Ron tries to do to improve the game he is NEVER going to be able to satisfy everyone.

Until EVERYTHING is implemented im not sure how we can be expected to give specific examples on how things will work.After all everyone will have a different take on how to handle the various changes and i dont get how you expect examples to be given.

18th May 16 5:58 AM
Smiler
Posts 123
Quote:
Originally posted by PH3NIX
Sorry Smiler just how do you propose we have handled things then. Sorry but like i said to Ziggy bit unfair to just write these proposed changes off without giving them a try.

The changes need to be judged as a total package and not in isolation. Given the response of some im at a loss to understand just what some people wanted. Here was me thinking that the diverse group taking part in discussions had done a pretty good job given some had shown no signs of being able to agree on anything in the general forums.

Guess it just shows that no matter what Ron tries to do to improve the game he is NEVER going to be able to satisfy everyone.

Until EVERYTHING is implemented im not sure how we can be expected to give specific examples on how things will work.After all everyone will have a different take on how to handle the various changes and i dont get how you expect examples to be given.

Seriously!
I want to see how on earth you think this will stop inflation! What kind of figures did you have in mind when discussing this? How would this plan get the the TM under control? All it seems to do is add 2 expensive players that we can buy which does not reduce inflation.

Explain!!

18th May 16 5:59 AM
Smiler
Posts 123
Quote:
Originally posted by donnymayhem
Smiler, would you prefer they all sit on their hands and do nothing? Because it certainly sounds that way.

Unless you have something CONSTRUCTIVE to add, how about you keep your opinions to yourself.

Explain how you think this is going to do the job it claims.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game