ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
18th May 16 6:56 AM
PH3NIX
Posts 212
Quote:
Originally posted by Smiler
Seriously!
I want to see how on earth you think this will stop inflation! What kind of figures did you have in mind when discussing this? How would this plan get the the TM under control? All it seems to do is add 2 expensive players that we can buy which does not reduce inflation.

Explain!!
Have I missed something some where I wasn't aware that the implementation of Agents was meant to help with inflation. Have checked Ron post and can't find it. At work so will have to go back through threads as I can't recall that being one of the reasons we thought they may be a good addition to the game.

18th May 16 6:59 AM
Carax
Posts 626
Quote:
Seriously!
I want to see how on earth you think this will stop inflation! What kind of figures did you have in mind when discussing this? How would this plan get the the TM under control? All it seems to do is add 2 expensive players that we can buy which does not reduce inflation.

Explain!!
The aim with the PA is not to reduce inflation.

Quote:
Originally posted by IAG_moderator
Problem

The transfer market (TM) doesn't move well because all the managers are trying to sell players of a similar ( low ) potential and buy the players of a higher potential. They are experienced managers all at the same or similar point in club development. This makes it hard for managers to obtain new players of the right potential at a reasonable price. It is also very hard to move low potential players as there are few buyers in need of lower potential players.

The YA does not contribute enough players of a higher calibre.
Not all managers have the time or want to rely on the YA.

When it comes to inflation, there is more to spend money on. The YA will cost more. Transfer tax will also take money out of the game. As others mentioned, wages will kick in. There are a lot of changes lined up.

I believe inflation in itself isn't hard to deal with, the tools are there. The best approach would be to see the situation after the changes and tune carefully if needed.

EDIT: Steve you beat me to it.

18th May 16 7:53 AM
mitchell
Posts 481
Inflation occurs when more money comes into the game than goes out. The transfer market currently doesn't achieve that as money simply passes from one club to another. A player bought from an agent takes money out of the economy. Whether the player agents were intended to affect inflation or not, it will, every time a player is bought from them.

18th May 16 8:02 AM
camescu
Posts 167
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
It's going to be good for anyone who's unlucky in the TM, though - at a cost.

The higher cost will be interesting. I've just had a look at the Braziian transfers of late. I've seen a player go for 10mill, a 35 yo go for 5.7mill and a few more 5-8mill players.

It's more a feature to allow managers to guarantee a purchase and feel like they have more to do that just pick a line up and alter training, rather than spend 5 seasons being out priced on mediocrity without success. I don't see this as an inflation buster.

18th May 16 8:55 AM
Smiler
Posts 123
It says this in the benefits on the first page: Will help to manage transfer market inflation.

This is not going to do that.

18th May 16 9:04 AM
Smiler
Posts 123
It is a bit worrying that you are all coming back saying it was not the intention of the PA was not to do this when in the benefits it states it is.

18th May 16 9:07 AM
Smiler
Posts 123
Quote:
Originally posted by mitchell
Inflation occurs when more money comes into the game than goes out. The transfer market currently doesn't achieve that as money simply passes from one club to another. A player bought from an agent takes money out of the economy. Whether the player agents were intended to affect inflation or not, it will, every time a player is bought from them.

No! Inflation occurs when supply does not meet demand!

18th May 16 9:40 AM
mitchell
Posts 481
Quote:

And the agents increase supply. You've answered your own question.

18th May 16 9:45 AM
Smiler
Posts 123
Quote:
Originally posted by mitchell
And the agents increase supply. You've answered your own question.

Not to help meet demand on any level and at high prices.

18th May 16 9:49 AM
Aussie_Manager
Posts 76
Quote:

Do you work in the Greek finance department by any chance

18th May 16 9:50 AM
mitchell
Posts 481
Extra supply controls demand. People have other options for player recruitment through the agent (not to mention an improved youth system). They help reduce demand on the transfer market through alternative sources of supply.

18th May 16 9:51 AM
Smiler
Posts 123
Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie_Manager
Do you work in the Greek finance department by any chance

Not really funny when so many people are in a very bad way in Greece especially poor people and not those responsible.

18th May 16 9:51 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
It is a bit worrying that you are all coming back saying it was not the intention of the PA was not to do this when in the benefits it states it is.

I think it all needs to be read considering the other proposals.

Here are 3 of the benefits that are mentioned in this thread...

1.Will help to manage transfer market inflation.
This will assist in a couple of ways. The lower rated and more mediocre players are selling for over inflated prices as so many managers want them as squad fillers. The Superstars are going for exorbitant amounts due to the fact that not many of them are there and managers have too much cash.
The PA will give managers the opportunity to purchase players at higher prices with a guaranteed signing. The spin off from this is that the listed players will have less bids on them reducing their prices.

Money comes out of the economy
More money spent on PA players removes monet entirely from the game as it a. doesn't go to another manager
b. increases the amount managers need to spend to avoid the sack or purchase these players.

The pricing and quality of the players available can be tuned as time goes on, allowing us to increase / decrease the impact on the TM and the economy.
This one answers itself. The prices can be adjusted as inflation rises or drops.

Add to this that superstars won't come from resets or the PA's then managers will need to spend money on the YA to have a chance of creating them.

Other managers have already mentioned that wage increases are already starting to make difference so that will have an effect as well

18th May 16 9:53 AM
Smiler
Posts 123
First of all you say this was not to help with inflation and now you are saying being able to buy only two players at high prices which no one has a clue what that means is going to help meet demand!

Very bad work been done on this.

18th May 16 9:58 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
First of all you say this was not to help with inflation and now you are saying being able to buy only two players at high prices which no one has a clue what that means is going to help meet demand!

Very bad work been done on this.

I disagree Smiler.

What exactly makes it bad out of curiosity? How will it have a negative effect on the game?

18th May 16 10:06 AM
Smiler
Posts 123
The problem is the issue has not been addressed not about it having a negative effect. It will achieve next to nothing in meeting demand on any level and the most worrying problem is you seem to have no idea about what will happen yourselves apart from saying it will take money out of the economy. That is not very helpful and we will still be at the mercy of an awful TM.

18th May 16 10:07 AM
PH3NIX
Posts 212
So before any of the proposed changes are put in place you want to just dismiss them .To take the proposed introduction of Agents on their own and judge them as a failure and bad work is more than a little harsh. Not sure about the other Advisors but for me the proposed changes need to be looked at as a complete package and when they are all in place this game is going to have a different look than it does know. The way we all play will have to change and i for one am looking forward to it all being put into place.

As an aside Smiler when the hell did you get so dam angry.

18th May 16 10:09 AM
Smiler
Posts 123
Quote:
Originally posted by PH3NIX

As an aside Smiler when the hell did you get so dam angry.

When I am told things that are not correct. It makes me have a huge mistrust of anything said from there on in.

ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
The problem is the issue has not been addressed not about it having a negative effect. It will achieve next to nothing in meeting demand on any level and the most worrying problem is you seem to have no idea about what will happen yourselves apart from saying it will take money out of the economy. That is not very helpful and we will still be at the mercy of an awful TM.

Except the TM is changing as well, together along with the YA they will make a difference.

As i mentioned earlier, look at all the proposals as a package and you may be able to see how they complement each other.

ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
When I am told things that are not correct. It makes me have a huge mistrust of anything said from there on in.

What is not correct?

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game