ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
« Prev1234Next »
4th Oct 19 12:45 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,357
Quote:
Originally posted by Vimesy
Real good thread. Thank you for the effort Kevin.

I have a couple of questions, If I may

First, you mentioned doom and gloom on the forums in your post? I'm not sure I know what your talking about there.....

another thing that has me confused is the board rating. You say it doesn't matter? does that then mean that I can effectively ignore the expectations set by the board? for example, 11 staff? I can employ more without worry?

Lastly, you mentioned you had played the game for decades. I played about a decade ago. I'm sure there were a few thousand players at that time. Is the game still being actively advertised?

Lots of good questions and I'll answer what I can and Kevin or others can add anything they sees fit.

At various times there's been some 'doom and gloom' on the forums about the game and the number of active managers. There have been periods when the forums have been more active and less active and I think we're in a bit of a lull at the moment, but there are certainly people around.

The board objectives have no material influence on anything, nor does the board rating. You did, however, pick out one of the (maybe the only?) way the board actually matters and that's the number of staff they let you employ. You'll be able to employ more total staff as your club rating climbs as they will up the limit, but you can't hire more than their set limit.

This game has gone through a few iterations and past iterations did have more managers than there are currently. There's no active advertising of the game and that might be related to the lower numbers of managers at the moment. Ron, the person who runs/manages the game, doesn't have time due to personal and real life commitments to update the game and, as a result, the game is continuing forward as is.

You're more than welcome to advertise the game to your friends as there's still lots of enjoyment to be had

4th Oct 19 2:27 PM
Vimesy
Posts 7
Thank you.

I?m allowed 11 staff but I?ve currently got 13

4th Oct 19 2:31 PM
Vimesy
Posts 7
Where are most of the players based? UK? I?m Scottish but have been living in Japan for many years. Most of my friends are Japanese. This game is only in English tho.... how would the community take to some poor English speakers I wonder.....? Off topic tho, I?m sorry

4th Oct 19 4:09 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Thank you.

I?m allowed 11 staff but I?ve currently got 13

Don't count the ones at the top of your employed staff list, only the ones you can link to. The others are your 'permanent' staff that you can't do anything with.

4th Oct 19 4:56 PM
Vimesy
Posts 7
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Don't count the ones at the top of your employed staff list, only the ones you can link to. The others are your 'permanent' staff that you can't do anything with.

ah hah!

Thanks for that

4th Oct 19 4:57 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,357
Quote:
Where are most of the players based? UK? I?m Scottish but have been living in Japan for many years. Most of my friends are Japanese. This game is only in English tho.... how would the community take to some poor English speakers I wonder.....? Off topic tho, I?m sorry

There are people from all over the world who play - I'm in the US, many are in the UK, others across Europe, ozzymac is probably in Australia (although I haven't verified that), etc.

The community would welcome them, I would hope. Feel free to pull in anyone you think would enjoy the game.

« Prev1234Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game