ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Bugs & Site Issues
« Prev12Next »
28th Oct 15 9:00 AM
stripey
Posts 6,148
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
You can negotiate slightly. You can offer them a different position if you think they would be more suited to it

...for which they usually ask for a little more than they were asking for the original appointment!

29th Feb 16 10:48 AM
Bartmeteenc
Posts 606
Oi! Sorry to bump an old thread, but to me it seems like this bug either hasn't been fixed or it made a reappearance.

I've been trying to sign new staff for the last two days, but didn't get any response. First, I tried offering them shorter contracts than they would want, but received no messages. When I went back to the 'offer contract' page, it seemed like there was no contract given to the staff member in question. I tried this again the next day, making sure I had clicked the 'offer contract' button, but again no response and no contract offered. When I offer a contract even slightly different, the contract simply doesn't register at all.

Just found out that giving exactly what they want makes the contract offer register... I think either there should be no option to negotiate (the salary/fees are stated, either you sign a guy or not) or negotiation should work in the same way as players (wheeling 'n' dealing; loyalty of staff members as a factor).

Kind of funny to think of someone who applies to a job and then just deny having received any offers if it's only slightly different to his demands "...What contract?"

29th Feb 16 11:02 AM
Bartmeteenc
Posts 606
Ok, I've been fiddling around a bit with it, sorry for the double post.

Seems like once I have offered a generous (imo) contract to a potential new staff member, I cannot change the contract anymore. I tried to offer a 'less generous' contract after the generous contract was registered ("... is considering your offer" ). After offering a new less generous contract, it looked like this was now registered - however, when I went back to the contract offering page the generous contract was again registered....

I don't want to be generous!! I already hate my new staff !!!1 ;-)

29th Feb 16 12:12 PM
Jija
Posts 72
My understanding of this is that there is no room for negotiation with staff, so I always offers exactly what they want and they accept every time. In the bigger scheme of things, staff costs are relatively small, so shaving a couple of credits off their contract doesn't really touch the sides of the bigger financial engine.

« Prev12Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game