ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Bugs & Site Issues
« Prev1Next »
13th Jan 16 10:18 PM
toriblack
Posts 108
Players losing match fitness despite playing a full game?
I had two games today, one in the IAG Cup and one in the Inter Cup, so I played my reserve 11 in the first game and my first 11 in the second.

My reserve 11 - who played in the first game but not the second - appear to have actually lost match fitness, despite playing a full game plus extra time.

It seems like the code is set to "player loses MF if he misses a game" rather than "player loses MF if he doesn't play a game today". It seems wrong that my players would lose match fitness, whereas someone else whose players play the same amount of game time today - but don't have a second match - will not.

13th Jan 16 10:21 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
Quote:
Originally posted by toriblack
It seems like the code is set to "player loses MF if he misses a game" rather than "player loses MF if he doesn't play a game today".

Correct. They also lose more MF if they miss 2 games in a day.

Basically you should ignore "days" and just concentrate on matches.

You have to remember that if you have 2 games in a day then it's because you're doing something right. It's always better to have 2 games in a day than one or zero. It's not a disadvantage.

13th Jan 16 10:40 PM
toriblack
Posts 108
Quote:
Originally posted by Muffin
Correct. They also lose more MF if they miss 2 games in a day.

Basically you should ignore "days" and just concentrate on matches.

You have to remember that if you have 2 games in a day then it's because you're doing something right. It's always better to have 2 games in a day than one or zero. It's not a disadvantage.

I appreciate that, but match fitness IMO is gained or lost depending on the length of time since their last match - not the number of matches since they last played. So two players who have missed a month of games should lose the same amount of match fitness, regardless of whether their team played 1 game or 10 during that month.

Were there ever 2 matches in the same day in IAG2 (except reserve games)? Did it work the same way then?

13th Jan 16 10:50 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
Quote:
Originally posted by toriblack
I appreciate that, but match fitness IMO is gained or lost depending on the length of time since their last match - not the number of matches since they last played. So two players who have missed a month of games should lose the same amount of match fitness, regardless of whether their team played 1 game or 10 during that month.

Were there ever 2 matches in the same day in IAG2 (except reserve games)? Did it work the same way then?

I do understand what you're saying, but Ron has chosen to code it so it's match related and not day related.

You don't lose any MF, for example, if you don't have any games in a day, such as Weds or Saturday.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it can't be improved, but I think it works well enough as it is and doesn't really need changing.

13th Jan 16 11:51 PM
toriblack
Posts 108
Quote:
Originally posted by Muffin
I do understand what you're saying, but Ron has chosen to code it so it's match related and not day related.

You don't lose any MF, for example, if you don't have any games in a day, such as Weds or Saturday.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it can't be improved, but I think it works well enough as it is and doesn't really need changing.

Fair enough, if Ron's chosen to code it that way then that's fine. I thought it might have been something which just hadn't been considered when the Inter Cup was added. It's pretty minor anyway, my reserves will get a game on Friday

« Prev1Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game