ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Bugs & Site Issues
« Prev1Next »
10th Sep 15 10:02 AM
WiFi
Posts 252
Transfer Rating
Don't know if this has been brought up.

I have only sold one player at this moment in time went through yesterday (lastnight)

I have one pending a contract atm but it says my TR is 2

10th Sep 15 10:44 AM
MisterE
Posts 27
It isn't unknown for that to happen but the numbers don't go up and down in nice easy integers (whole numbers). What you don't see is the decimal places so a MTR of 2 could be anything from 1.5 to 2.4999. My guess is that you will be somewhere towards the bottom of that range and if your next transfer goes through OK, your rating may not change at all.

I don't know the details of how much you gain or lose in various circumstances but I suspect there may be a limited random element involved (or maybe that's just me being lazy and not bothering to work out the finer detail!).

10th Sep 15 10:56 AM
WiFi
Posts 252
Quote:
Originally posted by MisterE
It isn't unknown for that to happen but the numbers don't go up and down in nice easy integers (whole numbers). What you don't see is the decimal places so a MTR of 2 could be anything from 1.5 to 2.4999. My guess is that you will be somewhere towards the bottom of that range and if your next transfer goes through OK, your rating may not change at all.

I don't know the details of how much you gain or lose in various circumstances but I suspect there may be a limited random element involved (or maybe that's just me being lazy and not bothering to work out the finer detail!).

Only reason I ask is I don't want a advantage I can pm for more details if you like

10th Sep 15 10:59 AM
MisterE
Posts 27
I don't think you have any particular advantage here.

10th Sep 15 11:00 AM
PH3NIX
Posts 212
Probably not a bug but i dont think it should be working this way.I have a transfer rating of 1 and all i have done is list 2 players neither of whom sold.I also went into negotiations to buy a player i wasnt able to get the player and he wasnt happy with what i offered.Not that im complaining but shouldnt you really only have your rating increase if you are successful in selling or completing negotiations with a player.

This is from a thread i started earlier which received no comment.No way should i have a rating of 1.

10th Sep 15 11:08 AM
BerryStraw
Posts 265
Maybe the coding for not withdrawing listings is still in place, while cancelling is no longer possible?

10th Sep 15 1:47 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by PH3NIX
Probably not a bug but i dont think it should be working this way.I have a transfer rating of 1 and all i have done is list 2 players neither of whom sold.I also went into negotiations to buy a player i wasnt able to get the player and he wasnt happy with what i offered.Not that im complaining but shouldnt you really only have your rating increase if you are successful in selling or completing negotiations with a player.

This is from a thread i started earlier which received no comment.No way should i have a rating of 1.

That's one way of looking at it.

The other way is to see that you did everything that you committed to do by bidding and therefore your reputation increased.

10th Sep 15 1:59 PM
weejordy97
Posts 367
Quote:

Interesting that I have done pretty much the same things as you have, and my transfer rating is still 0.

10th Sep 15 8:24 PM
PH3NIX
Posts 212
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
That's one way of looking at it.

The other way is to see that you did everything that you committed to do by bidding and therefore your reputation increased.

Yeah but surly you should at least have to successfully negotiate with a player before your rating increases.

10th Sep 15 11:07 PM
toriblack
Posts 108
I've bought 2 players and sold 2 players but my transfer rating is still 0, why? I haven't withdrawn from any negotiations. I bid on 2 other players and was one of the top 3 clubs both times but my contract wasn't accepted, surely I don't get a minus rating for that?

11th Sep 15 7:17 AM
IanD
Posts 90
Quote:
Originally posted by toriblack
I've bought 2 players and sold 2 players but my transfer rating is still 0, why? I haven't withdrawn from any negotiations. I bid on 2 other players and was one of the top 3 clubs both times but my contract wasn't accepted, surely I don't get a minus rating for that?

If you failed in negotiations, then you are likely to incur a negative rating. Why wouldn't you, if you weren't serious about buying, reach an agreement ?

The tricky part of this new ReLoad, is the lack of being able to renegotiate once you buy. Therfeore agreeing a deal is binding for the first season. I think some are concerned and not able to agree a deal they believe is beneficiary enough to them. Therefore when the negative Transfer Rating is added to the problem of negotiating, it hurts more.

I may be wrong, but I fear we all need to adjust our view on the game. It looks like the old IAG, but the way of playing it is different. Play it poorly and fail to take each event seriously, and there will be a triggered result somewhere.

11th Sep 15 8:07 AM
toriblack
Posts 108
Quote:
Originally posted by IanD
If you failed in negotiations, then you are likely to incur a negative rating. Why wouldn't you, if you weren't serious about buying, reach an agreement ?

There were 3 teams bidding so I was outbid- while that means I "failed negotiations", I don't see why I should be punished to the point of potentially not being able to bid on future players. If you're saying that 2/3s of the teams bidding on every player will be punished then that makes the transfer rating useless, there will be no way to differentiate between time wasters (which I presume is the purpose the rating) and those who have bid with good intentions.

11th Sep 15 8:55 AM
PH3NIX
Posts 212
Agree with what your saying Ian but in my case i never agreed to terms with the player i was trying to buy yet i still gained a point.

11th Sep 15 9:29 AM
IanD
Posts 90
Quote:
Originally posted by toriblack
There were 3 teams bidding so I was outbid- while that means I "failed negotiations", I don't see why I should be punished to the point of potentially not being able to bid on future players. If you're saying that 2/3s of the teams bidding on every player will be punished then that makes the transfer rating useless, there will be no way to differentiate between time wasters (which I presume is the purpose the rating) and those who have bid with good intentions.

My apologies, when you stated your contracts were not accepted, I assumed you failed in negotiations. If you reached an agreement, then I'd certainly agree no rating drop should or actually does occur.

All three entering negotiations will see a rating increase, provided they agreed contracts. Failure to do that will see rating hits...

11th Sep 15 9:31 AM
IanD
Posts 90
Quote:
Agree with what your saying Ian but in my case i never agreed to terms with the player i was trying to buy yet i still gained a point.

Yes, then it sounds like either a human error on your part of seeing the proceedings, or it is a bug. Those are the only two possibles really... not that I'm suggesting you did anything wrong. As this is the Bug Forum, I'd guess Ron will take a look.

« Prev1Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game