ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Bugs & Site Issues
« Prev1Next »
19th Sep 15 9:43 AM
Muffin
Posts 211
Transfer results sort order
With the introduction of "Closing day" as an option for sorting the players on the transfer market, it appears to have become the new default sort order.

Previously the default order was player age.

Is that what everyone wants as the default?

Alternatively, perhaps an individual default sort order be stored in "cookies" so that it was saved across sessions and not have to be changed for every login.

19th Sep 15 10:02 AM
mitchell
Posts 481
I guess it's personal preference so storing it to return to how an individual last used it would be ideal. I always sort in age order so it's the first thing I change now that the default has been amended. It's a tiny thing but yes, the change to default sorting isn't my preference.

19th Sep 15 10:08 AM
Muffin
Posts 211
Agreed.

I'm grateful that Ron has made it an option, just not keen on it being the default.

19th Sep 15 10:34 AM
RonManager
Posts 62
I did not think there was a default before, so I set it to closes as that seemed the most logical to me.

Once you have selected a sort order, your session remembers it for that session, but that does not persist over logins.

I guess the default order is a preference thing rather than anything else.

I can change it, if there is a demand for that.

Ron

19th Sep 15 10:49 AM
Muffin
Posts 211
Previously "Age" was at the top, so was essentially the default sort when clicking the Update button.

The update button has to be used when switching between leagues, which forces a sort.

As an aside, perhaps "sort" and league selection should be different buttons?

19th Sep 15 6:02 PM
Lemmy
Posts 469
I always use age so I would like that as a default or to remember what you last set it to.

19th Sep 15 6:53 PM
KyranLFC
Posts 10
I'm also in favour of age being default, it keeps catching me off guard after all these years

19th Sep 15 9:24 PM
Firesilver
Posts 976
Agreed, and I think most people will prefer it that way as well. A lot of managers will only buy younger players, including myself.

19th Sep 15 9:34 PM
Ibcake
Posts 65
I feel it's cool like this

19th Sep 15 9:52 PM
PH3NIX
Posts 212
Im happy to have it open on the players that are closing today.Really is it that hard to change your preference would prefer Ron is left to work on more important stuff.

19th Sep 15 10:00 PM
Ibcake
Posts 65
Quote:
Originally posted by PH3NIX
Im happy to have it open on the players that are closing today.Really is it that hard to change your preference would prefer Ron is left to work on more important stuff.

Totally agree

20th Sep 15 8:09 AM
Denny
Posts 377
Quote:

I also prefer the default as closing. This way you can easily see which new players have been listed and which ones you've already looked at.

20th Sep 15 9:35 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:

Totally agree PH3NIX

20th Sep 15 2:01 PM
boardmangraham
Posts 71
Quote:

+1

20th Sep 15 10:31 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:

+2

To those who are not entirely happy - you've got fourteen choices of how to sort them and it takes two clicks to do it.

20th Sep 15 11:04 PM
Ibcake
Posts 65
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
+2

To those who are not entirely happy - you've got fourteen choices of how to sort them and it takes two clicks to do it.

Cool

20th Sep 15 11:42 PM
Firesilver
Posts 976
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
+2

It's not that we're not happy. It's just like when your local burger van moves an extra 100m down the road. You still get your burger, you just have to be prepared to walk a bit further, which is a little frustrating

21st Sep 15 8:17 AM
Muffin
Posts 211
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
It's not that we're not happy. It's just like when your local burger van moves an extra 100m down the road. You still get your burger, you just have to be prepared to walk a bit further, which is a little frustrating

So your misses has moved into the spare room then?

Based on responses it seems a fairly even split then.

I guess the ideal solution would be for it to be a variable stored in cookies that existed across logins. Then it stays with the last setting.

21st Sep 15 8:42 AM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver

But you are not entirely happy, FS, which is what I said in my post. I really don't see this issue as important - it's easy to sort the results as you wish, and, as has already been stated, it can't be seen as a high priority.

That being said, Muffin's cookie suggestion is the best way to satisfy everyone.

21st Sep 15 9:32 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
I cannot for the life of me see how this is a bug?

A possibility for improvement? Yes

A bug? No

« Prev1Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game