ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
9th Apr 24 5:30 PM
Firesilver
Posts 976
To be clear, youths can improve on any day of the week, but each youth has their own specific day on which they improve (in my experience at least).

So for example, my youth Sakai that I have been talking about recently only improves on Sundays, while the youth I have lined up to promote later this season Mahmoudi only improves on Thursdays.

9th Apr 24 5:39 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
Are you absolutely sure, PS? I've kept pretty detailed stats on my youths in the last 5-10 seasons and one of the columns in the spreadsheet is "Improvement day" which has always been on the same day of the week and never any other (for me at least). That's why I said my youth striker had only 3 more updates to improve when he was turning 18 in 3 weeks' time...

I track every youth daily as well (to confirm their birthday amongst other things) and I haven't had an "ff day" improvement during that entire time.

Hmm...

I also keep a record of my youths every Sunday (the old youth update on a day divisible by 7) and I'm fairly certain I've had rating ncreases during the week. I'll double check this for the rest of this week (you watch, none will improve now...)

Also, this is what the help files say:

You can keep an eye on how your youths are progressing by checking the next [subheading: Youth Players. Canny managers will keep a record of their youths' progress across time - it's worth noting that youth rating improvements can occur on any day in the week.

9th Apr 24 5:58 PM
Lemmy
Posts 469
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Hmm...

I also keep a record of my youths every Sunday (the old youth update on a day divisible by 7) and I'm fairly certain I've had rating ncreases during the week. I'll double check this for the rest of this week (you watch, none will improve now...)

I keep a close eye on youth increases and agree with Firesilver they seem to happen on a particular day for each youth but only once in a week. I note down the increases as they happen and it's never been more than once a week. I total up every saturday evening after the update.

Are you saying PS that you have seen increases more than once in the week for a particular youth?

The help files say that it can happen on any day in the week but do not say it can happen more than once.

9th Apr 24 6:09 PM
pleasant_2nd
Posts 1,193
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
I keep a close eye on youth increases and agree with Firesilver they seem to happen on a particular day for each youth but only once in a week. I note down the increases as they happen and it's never been more than once a week. I total up every saturday evening after the update.

Are you saying PS that you have seen increases more than once in the week for a particular youth?

The help files say that it can happen on any day in the week but do not say it can happen more than once.

I thought this did happen. But maybe it's my memory playing tricks with me. I must admit, I thought the help files implied that any youth can improve on any day of the week rather than a particular youth can improve on any day (but only once a week).

I shall have to keep even more detailed youth records!

9th Apr 24 6:31 PM
Firesilver
Posts 976
Here's an extract from my youth file, translated into code from spreadsheet so it looks right in the IAG forums:

1   Youth name  Rating   Physical  Mental  Technical  Birthday  Improves  Recruited aged  Last 5 updates

2 Mahmoudi 89 91 88 88 21st Thursday 14 68/68/74/78/82
3 Sakai 94 94 94 94 18th Sunday 14 64/68/73/80/85

These are my next two youths to come through and I'm very excited to see if they come out in the 90s

9th Apr 24 6:50 PM
pleasant_2nd
Posts 1,193
I've added 'Improvemnt day' to my records.

Blimey, Sakal is looking good!

9th Apr 24 7:02 PM
Firesilver
Posts 976
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasant_2nd
Blimey, Sakal is looking good!

He's turning 18 in 9 days. He's got one update left to get those last 6 points. Funnily enough, he had 2-3 seasons of doing absolutely nothing from his original rating of 57, and then went from 57 to 94 in less than a season!

The question is, is it better to wait until he turns 18 or promote him on Monday evening? I get an extra few days of full squad training if he joins on Monday, but do you get a bonus to recruitment success rate if you let them tick over to turning 18?

9th Apr 24 7:08 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Thank you for your replies, really interesting. I might have to start keeping records!

9th Apr 24 7:19 PM
Firesilver
Posts 976
The one thing I haven't done- and probably ought to check- is whether the youth's improvement day corresponds to the day you first recruited them. It would make sense for that to be the case, but I admit I never thought to look until now.

I keep track of improvement day and always check the academy on those days in particular, because like many other managers here, I like seeing "number go up"

9th Apr 24 8:06 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Quote:
The one thing I haven't done- and probably ought to check- is whether the youth's improvement day corresponds to the day you first recruited them. It would make sense for that to be the case, but I admit I never thought to look until now.

I keep track of improvement day and always check the academy on those days in particular, because like many other managers here, I like seeing "number go up"
Makes sense that improvement day would be 7 days from signing on the dotted line, a weekly report.

10th Apr 24 2:30 AM
roland68
Posts 972
I agree with Firesilver and Lemmy here that each youth has their specific day of the week when they improve and each youth can be different. I don't check every day but enough to notice that's what happens.

On very rare occasions, I thought that a youth may have had an extra improvement during a week but as I don't keep track of "improvement day", and don't record details every day, I can't be sure about that. Until I have detailed proof I'm assuming, like PS, that it was my memory playing tricks on me

Quote:

It isn't the day you recruit them because I remember a few weeks ago seeing a new youth improve on their first day in my academy. Actually this was the second one out of the last 4 or 5 to do that. I love youths that improve on their first day in the academy.

10th Apr 24 11:15 AM
chyperhondriac
Posts 279
Quote:

According to my records I don't think it's related to the day you recruit them. Two recent youths were both recruited on a Friday and improve on different days.

14th Apr 24 9:36 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 279
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
...or...seeing as he's just jumped to 97 with two days left....I could just grab him now

Well this guy finally turned 18 and he didn't turn out too shabby. Welcome to IAG Mohmed Sharaf, future star stopper of Dessert FC.

14th Apr 24 9:50 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Well this guy finally turned 18 and he didn't turn out too shabby. Welcome to IAG , future star stopper of Dessert FC.

Not too shabby at all!

14th Apr 24 10:18 PM
Firesilver
Posts 976
Sakai had his final update overnight and is now rated 99. Much better than I could ever have hoped for, really.

He turns 18 in 3 days. I'm going to go with promoting him today and hoping it works out...

15th Apr 24 8:08 PM
Firesilver
Posts 976
Some pretty low-90s stats, but at least they are all-90s, and he joined what is already a pretty large squad. Good stuff!

Time to make some space in the squad for Mahmoudi

15th Apr 24 10:26 PM
hutber
Posts 37
I still find it weird that a 99 youth ends up with 90. However, I guess nobody is human afterall!

16th Apr 24 11:09 AM
porkpie
Posts 225
I've just promoted a balanced 96 rated keeper. Decent fixed stats as well.

He's one to keep for the future.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game