ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
10th Mar 24 8:41 PM
Glosterra_2nd
Posts 15
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
When I?m back I?ll tell you how to do a link to a player in a forum post.

Can you let me know too please.
Oh have i asked this already

10th Mar 24 8:55 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 263
Ho hum, another disappointment - Turi Medina will be looking for another home soon enough.

Got another player coming up to 18 and he looks like he's not going to cut the mustard either. A bit of a dry spell for my academy at the moment.

Quote:
Originally posted by Glosterra_2nd
Can you let me know too please. Rocketmangav told me 10 or so years ago but I've forgotten...and there was me thinking I had a short term memory issue.

The way I did it just then was to go to any place you can see the player except the squad manager - then right-click on his name and open in new tab (otherwise you'll just get the pop-up). Then you can use that link you get in the new tab for your url.

If you try it in the squad manager you get their squad profile which isn't accessible to anyone else. I guess that's what stripey did.

10th Mar 24 9:23 PM
stripey_2nd
Posts 279
Quote:

10th Mar 24 10:46 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,326
Quote:

Oh, have you?

Sorry...

12th Mar 24 9:27 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 263
Any thoughts on my predicament...

Two disappointing promotions already this season (three if you count the one near the end of last season).

Player A: a disappointment (73 rated) due to turn 18 in a few days. Been with me 204 days.

Player B: looking good (currently a balanced 85 up from ~30 a few weeks ago) and due to turn 18 early next season. Four days left on his current contract. Been with me 221 days.

Option 1: Renew player B's contract, let player A age out and see what I get, hope player B's chance of promotion when he turns 18 is still good and possibly he might even improve a bit more.

Option 2: Promote player B now, miss out on a potential 90-rated youth but will that give me more chance with him than if player A promotes first?

Option 1 would mean three promotions this season, one near the end of last season, and one at the start of next season. Do promotion chances reset at the start of each season or is it on a rolling basis (does anyone know and if they do are they willing to tell )

Thoughts from the esteemed company here?

12th Mar 24 9:52 PM
euromyside
Posts 38
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Any thoughts on my predicament...

Two disappointing promotions already this season (three if you count the one near the end of last season).

Player A: a disappointment (73 rated) due to turn 18 in a few days. Been with me 204 days.

Player B: looking good (currently a balanced 85 up from ~30 a few weeks ago) and due to turn 18 early next season. Four days left on his current contract. Been with me 221 days.

Option 1: Renew player B's contract, let player A age out and see what I get, hope player B's chance of promotion when he turns 18 is still good and possibly he might even improve a bit more.

Option 2: Promote player B now, miss out on a potential 90-rated youth but will that give me more chance with him than if player A promotes first?

Option 1 would mean three promotions this season, one near the end of last season, and one at the start of next season. Do promotion chances reset at the start of each season or is it on a rolling basis (does anyone know and if they do are they willing to tell )

I've not had a rejection in a while. Fingers crossed. Please blessed me, by the old gods and new gods and the seven

So much so, I really don't want to replace my youth coaches and scouts. Either 6500+ or retirement

13th Mar 24 4:27 PM
Firesilver
Posts 955
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac

Renew the youth that's still improving. There's no concrete evidence that multiple promotions in a seasons reduces the chance of your next one, and it could be the difference between a youth with a market value of 20M and a youth with a market value of 50M.

14th Mar 24 8:07 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 263
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
Renew the youth that's still improving. There's no concrete evidence that multiple promotions in a seasons reduces the chance of your next one, and it could be the difference between a youth with a market value of 20M and a youth with a market value of 50M.

...or...seeing as he's just jumped to 97 with two days left....I could just grab him now

16th Mar 24 3:32 PM
roland68
Posts 971
I feel that finding youths is quite often like waiting for a bus, you wait for ages and then 2 or 3 arrive at around the same time.

This week I added 3 youths to my academy. Two are evenly balanced, the third is a little bit off but close enough that he could potentially still make 90+. I wanted him because he plays in a position I need, and has two good feet.

Normally I wouldn't be able to do this, but over recent seasons, I have promoted a few to the first-team squad but found very few to add to my academy. I was down to six youths and another was about to be offered promotion too.

So, back to a full academy again now and hope my youth coaches start working a bit harder.

17th Mar 24 8:43 PM
hutber
Posts 40
I've found another 68 rated youth at 16, I don't fully understand why there are so many good youths floating around these days?

18th Mar 24 10:30 AM
silkcut04
Posts 122
Quote:
Originally posted by hutber
I've found another 68 rated youth at 16, I don't fully understand why there are so many good youths floating around these days?
Recruiting at 16 when they come to 18 i find they turn down promotion and leave i only go for 13-14 as i find they seem to promote as have been in the academy longer, but thats my take maybe since the youth over haul this has changed

18th Mar 24 1:31 PM
Smug1
Posts 7
Quote:
Originally posted by hutber

Please point them out to my scouts, constantly find drops.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game