ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Bugs & Site Issues
« Prev12Next »
15th Sep 15 1:40 PM
RocketmanGav
Posts 185
Quote:
Originally posted by Muffin
BMG,

Yeah, I think I did misunderstand you.

If I'm correct, you wish to rebase after every group of a few matches. So with your proposal the base point would change 3 times in a 24 hour period.

At 13:50, after the first set, the arrows reflect the difference between 12:00 and 13:50.
At 16:50, after the second set, the arrows would reflect just the difference between 15:00 and 16:50.
At 19:50, after the third set, the arrows would reflect the difference between 18:00 and 19:50.

What do you propose they then show at the main update? Just the recent difference of the last 3 matches, or all 24 hours?

Have I got that correct?

Personally, I think most people would want to see the change since "yesterday", not just the incremental changes during the last few hours.

I would go with a mini update after each round of games and the main update doesn't change anything.

A day in IAG is near enough supposed to represent a week in real life.

In my opinion the main update doesn't need to change any arrows if the league table is updated after each round of games.

15th Sep 15 2:10 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
Quote:
Originally posted by RocketmanGav
In my opinion the main update doesn't need to change any arrows if the league table is updated after each round of games.

Agreed.

BMG and your idea is entirely reasonable. It's logical and it works.

The issue with it is that it's probably not what most people would expect, which is the reason that PB started the thread in the first place...

Quote:
Originally posted by PeppermintBoy
To add to this my club Real Donkeys has a red arrow, while Berniefsc have a green arrow, but both clubs are in the same position as yesterday.
Quote:
Originally posted by PeppermintBoy
...Maybe it is by design, and not a bug, but I do find it a little confusing.

If I login once per day, and check my match result, I may find that I've won 2-0, having played at 12:00.

Yesterday, my league position was 7th. My league position is now 5th but the position arrow shows red and says I've moved down from 4th. That's probably quite confusing for most managers.

15th Sep 15 3:38 PM
RocketmanGav
Posts 185
Quote:
Originally posted by Muffin

Yesterday, my league position was 7th. My league position is now 5th but the position arrow shows red and says I've moved down from 4th. That's probably quite confusing for most managers.

But that is exactly what happens when you watch premiership football.

I've seen Spurs win on a Saturday (it was a while ago) and then looked at the Premiership table after Monday night football and we had a arrow going down even though we were in a higher position than the previous Friday.

Simple fix, everyone needs to login after each round of game lol

15th Sep 15 4:56 PM
Firesilver
Posts 969
I think the problem is that the arrows carry over from the previous day once the following match day starts.

If the arrows were simply wiped at 12 noon, then it would make far more sense. Unfortunately that may not be possible with the current game engine, but wiping them in the 8am update would have a similar effect.

15th Sep 15 5:04 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
Quote:
Originally posted by RocketmanGav
But that is exactly what happens when you watch premiership football.
Ah! The real life argument.

Used when it supports a position, but rejected when it doesn't.

What do they generally do with the league tables when you have multiple games on the same day, with staggered kick-offs, such as noon, 3 pm and 5 pm....?

I don't honestly know, but I'm guessing that they show the change from the start of the day, not one match at a time.

15th Sep 15 7:28 PM
PeppermintBoy
Posts 1,358
When I initially raised the question I really didn't think it would cause so much debate.

For me, ideally I would like to see the main league table show the arrows based on change of position for the day, with the table along side the live scores showing arrows based on the matches currently being played.

This way, I feel, make the most sense, as when you look at the league table separately you have no reference for which teams have just played in the last round of matches. Yet on the live matches page you can see which matches are in progress, so you can see the cause (the matches) and the effect (the table) in one place.

Obviously, I'm being a cheeky monkey, and creating a chunk of development work here, but that would be my ideal. And as a developer myself, that's the way I'd aim to show the tables.

« Prev12Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game