ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Bugs & Site Issues
« Prev1Next »
8th Feb 16 7:56 PM
porkpie
Posts 225
Substitutions
I had a planned substitution on 70 mins if i was losing by one goal,
I was replacing a defender with a striker. I equalised on 70 mins so this substitution shouldn't have taken place. This did not happen and the change continued to happen in the 72nd min.

I went on to lose the game 2 -1 and I believe this is because of this unnecessary substitution.

9th Feb 16 12:45 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
Originally posted by porkpie
I was replacing a defender with a striker. I equalised on 70 mins so this substitution shouldn't have taken place. This did not happen and the change continued to happen in the 72nd min.

I went on to lose the game 2 -1 and I believe this is because of this unnecessary substitution.

You should consider that replacing a defender with a striker will mean your striker will play as a defender for the rest of the game instead of the intended change in formation. I did something similar in the latter stages of IAG cup last season, replaced a striker with a defender and basically killed my tiny chances to go through

9th Feb 16 1:31 PM
Jija
Posts 72
Quote:
Originally posted by KevinHann
You should consider that replacing a defender with a striker will mean your striker will play as a defender for the rest of the game instead of the intended change in formation.
I thought it wasn't clear whether this was the case or not, as there's no real evidence of what happens in such a case...? Or have I misunderstood?

9th Feb 16 1:35 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
Quote:
Originally posted by Jija
I thought it wasn't clear whether this was the case or not, as there's no real evidence of what happens in such a case...? Or have I misunderstood?

No, you haven't.

Like most of the game there's nothing official and we have to rely on our own judgement of how we interpret the various data that's available.

I'm convinced, and so are others, that the match statistics show the oncoming player goes into the vacated position.

The evidence is statistical. Having said that polling showed that was was going to be a hung parliament in the UK ...

Of course, like the rest of the game it's up to you to make your decision on what you believe.

9th Feb 16 4:21 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
Originally posted by Jija

It was quite evident in my match as I did the sub at the earliest possible point. The defender who substituted the striker ended up with a very large number of shots which I never, ever see a defender do in a match report. It was way too obvious to even consider it could have been a coincidence, at least for me.

Small sample or not, that sub proved it beyond reasonable doubt, as far as I am concerned.

9th Feb 16 4:31 PM
garyt1
Posts 500
Quote:
Originally posted by porkpie

At the start of the 70th minute the sub decision was triggered and the goal is meant to have occurred some seconds later. The engine isn't clever enough to reverse that decisionn. Though it doesn't make sense why the sub didn't happen also at the 70th minute rather than 72nd minute, seeing as clearly there was a 70th minute break in play.

« Prev1Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game