ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Bugs & Site Issues
« Prev1Next »
24th Mar 23 11:16 AM
BerryStraw
Posts 264
Stadium capacity bug: 500 ghost seats
My new club's stadium has a capacity of 6,500 (effective) and looking at the attendances all seats can be used. But if I look at the stands that are currently build, there should only be 6,000 seats available (north stand, south stand and 2 corner quadrants display as build).

Is there any logical explanation for this? Is it a display bug that will automatically be resolved between seasons or something? Or does this need to be addressed somehow?

Thanks for your help!

24th Mar 23 9:20 PM
Firesilver
Posts 976
In the Club -> Stadium -> Stand Developments page, how many 500 seat corners are still available to be built?

It's possible that a former manager started building a stand and then resigned before it finished, or maybe something else is going on.

24th Mar 23 9:49 PM
BerryStraw
Posts 264
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
In the Club -> Stadium -> Stand Developments page, how many 500 seat corners are still available to be built?

It's possible that a former manager started building a stand and then resigned before it finished, or maybe something else is going on.

I know what you mean, but in the scenario you mention I would expect my stadium to have less effective seats instead of more than shown by the stands that are build.

And to answer your question: west, east and 2 corners are still available.

24th Mar 23 10:20 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
this is very strange, however i think this bug auto fixes itself either when the stadium was meant to complete or start of new season, can't remember.

I don't think its something to worry about long term, so long as you can still build seats if you wish?

24th Mar 23 10:42 PM
BerryStraw
Posts 264
Quote:
Originally posted by AKRAZY
this is very strange, however i think this bug auto fixes itself either when the stadium was meant to complete or start of new season, can't remember.

I don't think its something to worry about long term, so long as you can still build seats if you wish?

Can anyone confirm it will auto fix itself?

Right now I can also imagine that my tier 1 will have 10,500 seats after I build the remaining stands and my max stadium capacity exceeds anyone else's by 500..

25th Mar 23 1:08 AM
Firesilver
Posts 976
Quote:
Originally posted by BerryStraw
Right now I can also imagine that my tier 1 will have 10,500 seats after I build the remaining stands and my max stadium capacity exceeds anyone else's by 500..

Actually, I think a more likely scenario is that you attempt to build one of the corners that is "already built" and it just doesn't do anything. Hopefully it won't take your money regardless

The club has only ever had 1 manager other than yourself. It seems most likely that revieisking built 2 corners immediately and, when they finished, built at least one of the other two and quit the same day or during construction. (What's the construction time for a tier 1 corner? Can we work it out from how long revieisking was the manager for?)

25th Mar 23 2:48 AM
BerryStraw
Posts 264
Quote:
Actually, I think a more likely scenario is that you attempt to build one of the corners that is "already built" and it just doesn't do anything. Hopefully it won't take your money regardless

The club has only ever had 1 manager other than yourself. It seems most likely that revieisking built 2 corners immediately and, when they finished, built at least one of the other two and quit the same day or during construction. (What's the construction time for a tier 1 corner? Can we work it out from how long revieisking was the manager for?)

Good thinking and thanks for getting me on track. But something doesn't add up here. I took a dip into the financial history of the club to find the paid fees under 'stadium development' and also to see when stadium maintenance fees increased. I'm very surprised to see that stadium development fees weren't paid during season 18, which according to the club history is the only time the club has been managed by a player, but 2.625M was spent on stadium development during season 17, while it was officially managed by a caretaker.

2.625M is the price for 3 corner segments and as you say only 2 stadium developments can be build at the same time. It could have meant the 3rd development has been started after the others were finished, but I would have expected that stadium maintenance in s17 had increased at least a bit compared to season 1-16, but it did not. Stadium maintenance does go up in s18, then again in s19 and from that time it has been the same as it is now. This is strange because building a corner quadrant should only take 14 days, so if paid for in s17 it will never carry over to s19 before maintenance kicks in, right?

So, well, I'm puzzled. Any other thoughts?

25th Mar 23 11:12 AM
Firesilver
Posts 976
Revieisking was manager for 26 days. So it seems extremely likely that he built 2 corners, started a third, and resigned while it was in construction (possibly even on the same day as he started the third corner). Due to this, the construction fees incorrectly applied to the previous season and when the corner finished, it didn't update properly.

I think the most likely scenario is that you won't be able to build one of your remaining corners, but the only way to find out for sure is to try (or find someone that knows more about the game code than I do).

25th Mar 23 3:36 PM
BerryStraw
Posts 264
Quote:
Revieisking was manager for 26 days. So it seems extremely likely that he built 2 corners, started a third, and resigned while it was in construction (possibly even on the same day as he started the third corner). Due to this, the construction fees incorrectly applied to the previous season and when the corner finished, it didn't update properly.

I think the most likely scenario is that you won't be able to build one of your remaining corners, but the only way to find out for sure is to try (or find someone that knows more about the game code than I do).

This is probably the likeliest scenario, although I'm a bit surprised that the stadium development expenses are written under season 17 while they were paid for in season 18. I didn't know this could happen, but hey.

As for future developments I am a bit worried. I'd rather have my stadium capacity reduced by 500 now than encountering a bug when for example I try to build a corner stand at the final day of a season.

Could a mod or GM contact me about this matter, maybe?

25th Mar 23 6:34 PM
roland68
Posts 972
If the stadium payments were made in S17 as you said, is it possible that there was a manager of the club in S17 who built those stands, but whose profile is not showing because it's no longer in the game database?

It could explain the stand construction payments in S17 and the first increase in maintenance in S18 (if the construction was started S17 and completed in S18 ).

That's the only other thing I can think of beyond what's already been suggested.

It doesn't however explain why a stand that was completed later, is still showing as available to build.

Our GMs/Mods will probably know what happens to a club's manager history if a profile is removed.

25th Mar 23 7:33 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 279
On a slight tangent but I assumed that when a team had a reset the stadium would get reset too. I thought this would stop abandoned teams ending up in the bottom division with a tier 2 stadium that they could never service the fees for. Is that not right?

26th Mar 23 10:05 AM
Lemmy
Posts 469
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
On a slight tangent but I assumed that when a team had a reset the stadium would get reset too. I thought this would stop abandoned teams ending up in the bottom division with a tier 2 stadium that they could never service the fees for. Is that not right?

No the stadium size never gets reset just any stands under construction get stopped.

26th Mar 23 8:51 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 279
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
No the stadium size never gets reset just any stands under construction get stopped.

Huh, so you could end up with teams in the bottom division with massive stadiums. Would that not saddle that team with unsustainable maintenance fees?

26th Mar 23 9:41 PM
Firesilver
Posts 976
Quote:
Huh, so you could end up with teams in the bottom division with massive stadiums. Would that not saddle that team with unsustainable maintenance fees?

It doesn't matter. Vacant clubs have their finances reset if they're in the red before being taken over by a real person, and if the club is managed but doesn't make good use of their stadium, it's their own fault

6th May 23 11:12 PM
BerryStraw
Posts 264
Quote:

Well, I started construction on the two remaining corner stands and guess what...

7th May 23 12:27 AM
Firesilver
Posts 976
Did it take your money?

7th May 23 11:19 AM
BerryStraw
Posts 264
Yes, but also, stadium capacity is now 7,500 seats

7th May 23 12:59 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 279
You've got an opportunity to break the IAG attendance record...just stick it out for another season or 20

Did a Mod ever get in touch about it?

7th May 23 4:04 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
OK. I?m in touch with Ron about another stadium problem. I?ll add this as well.

7th May 23 10:23 PM
BerryStraw
Posts 264
Quote:
Did a Mod ever get in touch about it?
No
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
OK. I?m in touch with Ron about another stadium problem. I?ll add this as well.
But now, yes.

Thanks for looking into it, ps (I kind of liked the ghost supporters, but they didn't buy any beer und bratwurst..)

« Prev1Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game