ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
17th May 16 10:18 PM
isticandy
Posts 35
Sounds good, and I like the proposed changes - alot of effort seems to have gone into them. Thank you to everyone involved.

Also I really appreciate this being shared publically before being implemented. So thank you again.

Just one request - could we get a heads up maybe a few weeks before this is due to be implemented? I have been playing the long game on a couple of youths (one still in the academy since almost the start of season 1!). I'm sure this is the case for some others too - it would be great if the transition to the new system would be done in a way which had minimal impact on youths already in people's academies.

17th May 16 11:34 PM
Smiler
Posts 123
Interesting and quite good.

17th May 16 11:56 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by isticandy
Sounds good, and I like the proposed changes - alot of effort seems to have gone into them. Thank you to everyone involved.

To be fair it was the appointed advisors that did all the hard work really. Their input has been fantastic. By and large, the Admin team took a back seat.

18th May 16 12:21 AM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
To be fair it was the appointed advisors that did all the hard work really. Their input has been fantastic. By and large, the Admin team took a back seat.

It didn't feel like there were any back seats in that vehicle, don't downplay your role, guys

18th May 16 12:27 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by KevinHann
It didn't feel like there were any back seats in that vehicle, don't downplay your role, guys

'By and large' Kevin, 'by and large'.

You guys were the real drivers.

21st May 16 2:18 PM
singe
Posts 23
I really like these changes, as others have said a lot of effort has gone into it.
I do think for the game to work, there has to be more (not massively more, average players. Always controlled, but losely around a
(...)
(.....)
(.......)
(.....)
(...)
Shape of quality and poor at the top and bottom.

So this all seems good. and you promote
I do agree that it will be a little restrictive if not knowing when they turn 18 and another suddenty turns 18 meaning you lose out.

But other than that all good news.

Thnaks

[Mod edited to clarify graphic]

21st May 16 2:24 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
At the moment, managers have to keep their own track of players' birthdays. (After all, you'd want to send the lad a card wouldn't you?) In future, though, we will know when birthdays are.

21st May 16 7:46 PM
JustSuper
Posts 25
Ive never seen this idea before, but apologies if it has been said before. Maybe a youths rating can be a range. For example a youth could be rated 33-55, as what their potential max rating could be. This range gets smaller the better the youth coach is.

21st May 16 9:53 PM
Barney_Rubble
Posts 6
As they say on BGT "It's a yes from me Ron!"

22nd May 16 9:05 PM
BubbaGump
Posts 473
Looks good to me, more things to spend time on and more room for more youths to play with

22nd May 16 10:52 PM
James
Posts 44
looking at it, I feel the 'My youths are even more rubbish then in previous version!' thread may finally disappear.

13th Jul 16 4:57 AM
Ralf_Ramsey
Posts 1
I suppose the top rated clubs get the best youth coaches. Can't we do something to reflect that any club can get really good coaches and at least level that particular playing field in the game.

5th Aug 16 3:55 PM
Johnson
Posts 1
I really think its an excellent idea to promote youth players in IAG.It would ensure prospective youths to mature and join the senior squad of each club after constant training.Also,the prospect of clubs scouting for new players to be bought would be minimised.This is definetly a good idea

17th Sep 16 3:01 PM
PeppermintBoy
Posts 1,358
I am excited about the changes, but a little worried about my existing youths.

Will there be a clear notification before the new changes come in? I have a small squad and I might like to attempt to promote my existing youths before the new system comes in.

Also, I would like clarification on 2 points.

It is stated that youths not promoted before their 19th birthday will be lost. I assume this means that the auto-promote on their 18th birthday is being removed, and that youths potentially get an extra year in the academy. Is this correct?

And if so, if I bring in a 17 year old youth, and he happens to have his birthday the next day, there is no auto-promote and I cannot promote him for 1 season. This means that I have 1 day to promote him, in one sessions time. This scenario would make it neigh on impossible to promote this youth. Will there be any way of flagging that I would like to promote this player as soon as legally allowed?

The other thing I would like clarification on is can I attempt to promote 2 players per season, or am I limited to 2 actual promotions? It reads a little like if I attempt 2 promotions, but both failed, that would be it for the season, no youths promoted. Is that correct, or could I have 2 failed attempted promotions, so then attempt to promote a backup youth?

17th Sep 16 3:05 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Quote:
Originally posted by PeppermintBoy
I am excited about the changes, but a little worried about my existing youths.

Will there be a clear notification before the new changes come in? I have a small squad and I might like to attempt to promote my existing youths before the new system comes in.

Also, I would like clarification on 2 points.

It is stated that youths not promoted before their 19th birthday will be lost. I assume this means that the auto-promote on their 18th birthday is being removed, and that youths potentially get an extra year in the academy. Is this correct?

And if so, if I bring in a 17 year old youth, and he happens to have his birthday the next day, there is no auto-promote and I cannot promote him for 1 season. This means that I have 1 day to promote him, in one sessions time. This scenario would make it neigh on impossible to promote this youth. Will there be any way of flagging that I would like to promote this player as soon as legally allowed?

The other thing I would like clarification on is can I attempt to promote 2 players per season, or am I limited to 2 actual promotions? It reads a little like if I attempt 2 promotions, but both failed, that would be it for the season, no youths promoted. Is that correct, or could I have 2 failed attempted promotions, so then attempt to promote a backup youth?

I wouldnt worry PB.

Unless you're in the know, you wont know !

Just roll with it.

18th Sep 16 10:00 AM
PeppermintBoy
Posts 1,358
Quote:
Originally posted by scotty1962
I wouldnt worry PB.

Unless you're in the know, you wont know !

Just roll with it.

I have faith that I will get a response Scotty. I don't believe your "secret club" / "insider trading" conspiracy. You do suit that tin foil hat though.

18th Sep 16 3:15 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by PeppermintBoy
I have faith that I will get a response Scotty. I don't believe your "secret club" / "insider trading" conspiracy. You do suit that tin foil hat though.

It's 2 actual promotions you will be limited to PB.

The other question about 17 year olds i have asked for clarification on

18th Sep 16 5:17 PM
BubbaGump
Posts 473
So my current youths that are all similar age won't be able to all be promoted in one season? Or atleast attempted to promote? How does that work? I've spent hundreds of thousands to build these youngsters, I'll be close to leaving if I find that the long term plans I've had are now going to be finished

18th Sep 16 5:47 PM
mitchell
Posts 481
Quote:
Originally posted by BubbaGump
So my current youths that are all similar age won't be able to all be promoted in one season? Or atleast attempted to promote? How does that work? I've spent hundreds of thousands to build these youngsters, I'll be close to leaving if I find that the long term plans I've had are now going to be finished

I wouldn't worry Bubba. Obviously I don't know if any plans have changed but the original plans were to have the match engine complete, then work on the new player agents system, then the transfer market THEN youth academy. I would expect your current youths to be in your 1st team squad by the time any youth changes are implemented...in fact they may be approaching retirement!

18th Sep 16 5:54 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by mitchell
I wouldn't worry Bubba. Obviously I don't know if any plans have changed but the original plans were to have the match engine complete, then work on the new player agents system, then the transfer market THEN youth academy. I would expect your current youths to be in your 1st team squad by the time any youth changes are implemented...in fact they may be approaching retirement!

You mean 'to be working in McDonalds...'

Seriously though, I would expect Ron to have some transitional arrangements in places for existing Academy youngsters when the new system is introduced.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game