ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop
   

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
23rd Dec 19 9:30 AM
BubbaGump
Posts 395
Youth Academy News
I always like a thread on all things youth players.

I've just had a 69 rated midfielder reject me

Now banking on two goalkeepers rated 61 and 67 to promote in the next 45 days or so.

Have 4x rated in 50's and 2x rated in 40's that havent improved since taking them on
 
23rd Dec 19 9:41 AM
Duncan1960
Posts 24
Worst thing about this game imho. Having invested so much time and money you should at least get some compo. Discriminates against lower rated teams/managers too. Not only is it difficult to recruit decent youth talent, the higher rated they are, the more likely they are to go - and if you are a higher rated team you have a higher chance of keeping them at promotion time.

Sorry if this goes over old ground.
 
23rd Dec 19 4:20 PM
RocketmanGav
Posts 176
The youth system could be so much better.

I would much prefer to see every youth promoted but reduce the maximum squad size to 26.

One of the reasons a youth rejects a professional contract is so the game is kept balanced.
 
23rd Dec 19 10:12 PM
pleasant_2nd
Posts 717
Quote:
Originally posted by BubbaGump
I always like a thread on all things youth players.

I've just had a 69 rated midfielder reject me

Now banking on two goalkeepers rated 61 and 67 to promote in the next 45 days or so.

Have 4x rated in 50's and 2x rated in 40's that havent improved since taking them on


I've got 4 x 16 year olds rated 56, 57. 58 and 62, 2 x 15 year olds rated 50 and 55, a 14 year old rated 50 and a 13 year old rated 46.

They're coming along nicely thank you very much.

(You watch, that'll be the end of their progress now... )
 
24th Dec 19 8:53 AM
BubbaGump
Posts 395
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasant_2nd
I've got 4 x 16 year olds rated 56, 57. 58 and 62, 2 x 15 year olds rated 50 and 55, a 14 year old rated 50 and a 13 year old rated 46.

They're coming along nicely thank you very much.

(You watch, that'll be the end of their progress now... )


Nice one Pleasant! I have my fingers crossed for you that they all continue to improve and all accept their promotions.
 
24th Dec 19 9:05 AM
pleasant_2nd
Posts 717
Quote:
Originally posted by BubbaGump
Nice one Pleasant! I have my fingers crossed for you that they all continue to improve and all accept their promotions.


Thank you Bubba.
 
24th Dec 19 8:51 PM
BubbaGump
Posts 395
2nd 69 rated youth this week to reject me absolutely gutted
 
24th Dec 19 9:06 PM
pleasant_2nd
Posts 717
Quote:
Originally posted by BubbaGump
2nd 69 rated youth this week to reject me absolutely gutted


Ouch!
 
24th Dec 19 9:14 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 952
Quote:
Originally posted by BubbaGump
2nd 69 rated youth this week to reject me absolutely gutted


That?s terrible. Sorry, Bubba.

My method to avoid that disappointment is to never get youths that are that good. Then I?m not that bothered when they say no
 
24th Dec 19 9:52 PM
thewrongone
Posts 50
I?m similar thinking. I promote before they get to 50 as I know they will reject.

Obviously higher for better teams which is fair enough
 
24th Dec 19 9:55 PM
thewrongone_2nd
Posts 31
Having just said that, my coach has just returned with a 47 & a 51. I?ll have to take them on but know they are unlikely to promote
 
24th Dec 19 10:05 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 4,414
Quote:
Originally posted by thewrongone_2nd
Having just said that, my coach has just returned with a 47 & a 51. I?ll have to take them on but know they are unlikely to promote


You never know TWO, they just might promote.
 
24th Dec 19 10:28 PM
KevinHann
Posts 680
Quote:
Originally posted by BubbaGump
2nd 69 rated youth this week to reject me absolutely gutted


Sorry to hear that, Bubba Keep trying, mate! Sometimes it feels all odds are against and you hit a very poor string, but it does get the opposite way, too.

Reworking the academy is certainly the top feature the game needs asap in my book.
 
24th Dec 19 10:37 PM
BubbaGump
Posts 395
Agreed, the youth system majorly needs changing. Both of these youths improved from mid 50's to 69 so I felt I development them aswell...

Onwards and upwards!
 
25th Dec 19 9:39 AM
Monamac1_2nd
Posts 621
I have 66 an 62 rated 16 year olds in my academy, nervous already as they are the best I have had!
 
25th Dec 19 9:15 PM
roland68
Posts 551
Quote:
Originally posted by BubbaGump
2nd 69 rated youth this week to reject me absolutely gutted


Unlucky to lose two like that in 2 or 3 days.

Wondering though how you had another 69-rated youth player today when two days ago you didn't.
 
27th Dec 19 6:36 PM
Spencer29
Posts 27
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
Unlucky to lose two like that in 2 or 3 days.

Wondering though how you had another 69-rated youth player today when two days ago you didn't.



oh yeh??...
 
28th Dec 19 11:42 AM
BubbaGump
Posts 395
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
Unlucky to lose two like that in 2 or 3 days.

Wondering though how you had another 69-rated youth player today when two days ago you didn't.


Haha yeah my bad. My original post I didnt realise the Gk had improved from 67 to 69 in the previous Saturday update

So frustrated by these rejections as I could have massively done with both
 
30th Dec 19 3:55 AM
BubbaGump
Posts 395
Promoted a 51 rated youth last update and happy with how they came out. Pretty much in line with its youth atts

Finally some good news!
 
30th Dec 19 11:52 AM
roland68
Posts 551
Quote:
Originally posted by BubbaGump
Promoted a 51 rated youth last update and happy with how they came out. Pretty much in line with its youth atts


Quite a bit better than, I'd say.
 
 
 

Copyright © 2020 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game